Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I come from a long line of survivors...and I walk for HOPE.

Hello everyone! With permission, I am making this post to let you all know that I am working very hard to raise money for Breast Cancer. This is a nasty disease that has affected many women in my family for years.

In late November, I signed up as a walker in the 2010 AVON Walk for Breast Cancer. As a walker, I am required to raise at least $1,800, but I am setting my goals much higher. I come from a long line of survivors and, along with many others, in Washington, DC on May 1st-2nd, I will walk for my family, my friends, and for my future children. During these two busy days, I will be walking up to 39.3 miles to show my support for this great cause.

Breast Cancer awareness is something that is very near and dear to my heart. It is something that has affected both my friends and family members. Many women on both sides of my family have been diagnosed with breast cancer and thanks to research funded by foundations such as this, most have survived.

Because genetics can play a major part in deciding if a person is at a higher risk for this disease, I am one of those people who will have to keep a close eye on my health. If I am ever diagnosed with breast cancer, hopefully I will be able to detect it early and get treatment as quickly as possible so that I may live my life as long as possible.

Here are just some of the many ways your donation can help:
    $10 A breast cancer patient can get transportation to treatment.
    $25 A breast cancer patient can pay the co-payment for their medication.
    $30 A breast cancer patient can purchase a wig when treatment causes them to lose their hair.
    $100 An uninsured woman can get a mammogram to help determine if she has breast cancer, or a bone scan
    to see if breast cancer has spread to her bones.
    $250 An uninsured breast cancer patient can get a chemotherapy treatment or a new patient can get a
    pre-treatment work up, x-rays and lab work.
    $1,000 A patient can get an MRI to help determine if a mass is malignant or benign, or a biopsy of breast tissue
    to see if cancer cells are present.

Breast cancer is not biased. It not only affects women, but also men. Breast cancer is about 100 times less common among men than among women. For men, the lifetime risk of getting breast cancer is about 1/10th of 1% (1 in 1,000).

To find out more and learn how you can help, please visit http://www.avonwalk.org/goto/patricia.hildenbrand
    Good luck on your walk! BC took my wife of 24 years:

http://i39.tinypic.com/35k6dl4.jpg
    we had a save the ta ta's motor cycle ride yesturday that I donated to the cause !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Bump in hopes that a topic like this gets the visibility it deserves!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    much respect good luck
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Oh for a minute I thought you were talking about these things: Tata Motors' Nano lights up the streets of Mumbai -- Engadget

All joking aside though best of luck to you. Both my aunt and grandmother battled with BC. I hope lots of people see this thread!

- Phil -
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    more respect good luck