Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do you still think that your privacy is not important? This is the latest video put out by the Department of Homeland Security. It is a video promoting Global Biometrics and the plan to "unite" the world in peace, fight terrorism, bouncing checks, no need for a physical drivers license, easy entrance for airline flights, health information etc..

Note: This video was not made by a left or right wing fringe group. It was made by the Department of Homeland Security.

For those that don't know, the proposed global biometric law will include not just fingerprints... but an RFID chip and eye scanners as well. Imagine getting stopped for jaywalking, getting your eye scanned. Then having the money electronically removed from your account. Now thats a little extreme, I'm sure you would have the right to dispute the jaywalking ticket.... But just think about it??? You get pulled over and your RFID chip gets scanned, it tells the Officer that the person has HIV or Tuberculosis. Officer proceed with caution...

Yeah, yeah if you got nothing to hide, no big deal..............................................

Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
  2.    #2  
    This also goes back to an earlier post of mine where police were swabbing the mouths of people stopped at traffic stops looking for a serial killer down here in Florida.

Police Swabbing Mouths During Traffic Stops In Serial Killer Hunt - Orlando News Story - WKMG Orlando
    wow something to think about it is scary .
    Nothing new. As a legal alien I'm subject to a biometric scan every time I enter the USA from a Country other than Canada.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I don't get it how are u suppose to fight terrorist who are hell bent on inflicting harm on this country. I'm not right wing nut. I'm trying to understand what other alternative do you purpose???? damn if you do damned if you don't
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Nothing new. As a legal alien I'm subject to a biometric scan every time I enter the USA from a Country other than Canada.
    well we here are american and we value or privacy
    Quote Originally Posted by donb123 View Post
    well we here are american and we value or privacy

and not only that....we are better than you.

I richly enjoy watching the right squirm about issues like this. The left has been worried about civil liberties for a long time, and always had "we need to protect Amuricah" thrown out.

Don't worry. I'm sure you can get the ACLU to help you out with this.
    Things like this are why I'm a card-carrying member of the ACLU.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    I don't get it how are u suppose to fight terrorist who are hell bent on inflicting harm on this country. I'm not right wing nut. I'm trying to understand what other alternative do you purpose???? damn if you do damned if you don't
    "Fighting terrorism" is the means to an end, not the end. If the aim were indeed fighting terrorism, there are proven strategies readily available (e.g. strategies used by Israel) that the U.S. has declined.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    "Fighting terrorism" is the means to an end, not the end. If the aim were indeed fighting terrorism, there are proven strategies readily available (e.g. strategies used by Israel) that the U.S. has declined.
    One of those strategy includes racial profiling at the airports enact that and ACLU will be all up in that. I have no problem in using Israel's strategy, but it comes back to "privacy" and civil liberty issue. For example when we say "illegal" whats the first thing that comes to mind Mexicans/Hispanics and if you try to root out illegal aliens by setting up road blocks checks public calls it "racial profiling". Same thing with terrorists....
    I have nothing against Israel i believe they have experienced battle hardened law enforcement and know how to deal with terrorist threats and its working very well for them.
    Ethnicity is only one characteristic of a quality profile. The most effective is behavioral/psychological.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post

I richly enjoy watching the right squirm about issues like this. The left has been worried about civil liberties for a long time, and always had "we need to protect Amuricah" thrown out.

You mean the left USE to be concerned with civil liberties. Now they are only concern with what is in my wallet.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post

Yeah, yeah if you got nothing to hide, no big deal..............................................
    That phrase always makes me think of 2 things:

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin (I believe I quoted that correctly).

And 'I've Got Nothing to Hide' and Other Misunderstandings of Privacy by Daniel J. Solove of George Washington University Law School.
    SSRN-'I've Got Nothing to Hide' and Other Misunderstandings of Privacy by Daniel Solove
    How does any of this give up any liberty? You are still free to do anything you want but with biometrics the evil doers will have a harder time slipping though the cracks. Besides, the US has been scanning inbound folks for years...this is nothing new.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post

This is your problem. EVERYTHING is always about politics with you. I'm a Libertarian, but this affects ALL PARTIES.

BTW, The ACLU is working on this. Does that make you now "against it"? Or does the Democratic party have to "say so" before you do?

I'm sure if a Republican said he was for it you would be against it....but if the Democratic party fought it you would be all up in arms..

Hmmm, the false left right paradigm and sheeple. You will sit there and argue all day and night about someone "mocking a guy with parkinsons", but when you don't keep your eye on the ball? You will wake up with all of your freedoms gone.

The Big Governments job of misdirection.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    How does any of this give up any liberty? You are still free to do anything you want but with biometrics the evil doers will have a harder time slipping though the cracks. Besides, the US has been scanning inbound folks for years...this is nothing new.
    Here my Canadian friend, read this.

The Declaration of Independence - TEXT

But this does not just affect Americans, the goal is for a Global Biometric system.
    Yes, great document, however I don't think the Queen of England is behind this DHS biometric scan initiative.
  18.    #18  
    No, but if you read the document it speaks as to the reasons we rebelled against England.

The US has basically become an Imperialist Nation. Everything our founders rebelled against.

This document led to these
    Full Text of the Articles of Confederation

Full Text of the Constitution of the United States | Freedom Documents

Full Text of the Constitution of the United States | Freedom Documents
    well,, i watched the vid, interesting, i would suggest, humbly, that right after 911, there was an uproar about how the hell did these people get into the country? i would point to what recently happened in dubia (sp) with the apparent killing of a Hamas arms dealer/ murderer. at last count about 26 passports were stolen along with ids. lets face it. based on your need for privacy, you open the door to exactly these sort of things. yes you have an excellent detection system already. didnt help 911. I know, some will say its not worth it to have your personal privacy revealed. I would suggest that you stop screaming though when it happens again, and it surely will.

i can say in all honesty, even if the us pulled out of all the areas you are in now. troops, peace corp the works.. apologized and sent cash up the ying yang to placate these wack jobs, you would still have them come at you. for lack of a better way of putting it, its polarization of the world, you have a bunch of people over there, who believe what you me and most of the western world as being evil. they will go to great lengths to remove those evils. no matter what. its a choice really. you have to make it. with the wack jobs there is no grey area, its all black and white. we are evil, they are good. we must be removed. just the way i see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    for lack of a better way of putting it, its polarization of the world, you have a bunch of people over there, who believe what you me and most of the western world as being evil. they will go to great lengths to remove those evils. no matter what. its a choice really. you have to make it. with the wack jobs there is no grey area, its all black and white. we are evil, they are good. we must be removed. just the way i see it.
    Yo X....we can actually agree on something! I've been saying that for awhile, they simply hate us and nothing we can do....nothing Obama can say....no matter how many times he bows down to them....they are going to try and kill us....to get rid of us. They are simply crazy.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast