1.    #1  
    What are you guys using to host pics ? Need to find something free to host avatar pics and things like that that I can link to in forums.
    flickr...been using it for over 4 years. Love it.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    Cheers m8, will have a look.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I tend to use Photobucket more now since you can upload them right from your Pre!
    My Digital Life Blog

iPhone iCons Theme

iPhone iCons (no dock) Theme
    http://www.prethemer.com/iPhone_iCon...theme4084.html
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nick8539 View Post
    I tend to use Photobucket more now since you can upload them right from your Pre!
    Thought u had to pay for photo bucket now.
    Photobucket here, too. Uploading it from the Pre is just too easy and it's included in the phone. Plus, Photobucket also gives easy URLs for various linking purposes.

I'm sure Photobucket, like everyone else, has a paid version but they haven't nagged me once.
  7.    #7  
    Cheers for that, asked the mrs to look at photobucket and she said it was pay only. Will have a look myself now.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    picasa
    I've heard picasa was good. Does anyone know what the file size restriction is on this or other sites? What about file type restrictions? Can you upload some of the formats with denser information like RAW or TIF?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    photobucket , I also have an album of all my tweaks in my palm pre!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I like picasa, but not sure if you can upload directly from the pre.
    Pbase.com, though it's not free.
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    What are you guys using to host pics ? Need to find something free to host avatar pics and things like that that I can link to in forums.
    Photobucket, since the Pre uploads directly to it..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    i have three picsa accounts, and a nikon my picturetown site. but then again i use it semiprofessionally. raw is handled by both.
    picsa is 4 gigs i think, and so is my picturetown. i have other sites for off site storage backup but not for what you folks want to use it for..
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    imageshack is used over 5 years
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    i have three picsa accounts, and a nikon my picturetown site. but then again i use it semiprofessionally. raw is handled by both.
    picsa is 4 gigs i think, and so is my picturetown...
    Picasa is limited to just 1gb
    I have My PictureTown also...but doesn't seem as friendly to me as Picasa
    I use Smugmug. It's awesome. Unlimited storage (I'm at 6 gig and counting), great looking online albums, no ads, great privacy settings - share as much or as little as you want. I also get prints from Smugmug and find they look the same or better than anywhere else.

14-day free trial. It costs $39/year. If you use a referral coupon (mine is SjYnh8OlhFSgM ) you get $5 off and I get a $10 credit for the referral.

For serious photographers, Smugmug is probably the best. It's not free, but you get what you pay for.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I use both Flickr and Photobucket. I find Photobucket easier to use but Flickr can handle higher res pictures.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Picasa upgraded to 20GB for 5$ a year... Host videos there as well... File size limit is 1GB i believe... I use Picasa desktop software to sync and manage albums and uploads...

And if I'm out and about I use the upload via email...