Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I have a question for all you techies.

My girlfriend is now calling me a box hoarder and I just want to know does anyone else keep all their boxes from gadgets and phones they buy?

I'm running out of space for these and would like any suggestions on how or where to store them, even maybe display them?

lol, maybe its just me but I always like to keep it especially in case i sell anything.

Add like 10 more boxes on top of these and thats what its looking like now.
    My Digital Life Blog

iPhone iCons Theme

iPhone iCons (no dock) Theme
    http://www.prethemer.com/iPhone_iCon...theme4084.html
    lol My wife gets on my about this as well.

I tend to only save boxes for the return period. e.g., 30 days for something purchased at BestBuy. Then they go to the recycler. I tend to hold on to gadgets until they are worth very little in terms of resale value.

One exception - I have all my Pre boxes, including 5 Pre phone boxes, 6 Touchstone boxes, and Several other Palm boxes for Pre accessories. Not sure why. They are all stuck in a cabinet somewhere. I will probably get rid of them at some point, but they don't take up much space and yes, I think they are cool. Guilty, I am a geek...but I stop short at "displaying them"
    I save my cell boxes (as well as the manuals and other stuff) until I buy a new one...the old box I can then use to package my older phone for the inevitable Ebay sale.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  4. KAM1138
    Hello,

I tend to save my boxes as well. In fact, I have a box filled with PDA boxes from 10 years (or more) ago.

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by nick8539 View Post
    I just want to know does anyone else keep all their boxes from gadgets and phones they buy?
    Nope...as soon as I confirm things work the boxes hit the trash. That said I occasionally save them until the warranty is done.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    lol My wife gets on my about this as well.

I tend to only save boxes for the return period. e.g., 30 days for something purchased at BestBuy. Then they go to the recycler. I tend to hold on to gadgets until they are worth very little in terms of resale value.

One exception - I have all my Pre boxes, including 5 Pre phone boxes, 6 Touchstone boxes, and Several other Palm boxes for Pre accessories. Not sure why. They are all stuck in a cabinet somewhere. I will probably get rid of them at some point, but they don't take up much space and yes, I think they are cool. Guilty, I am a geek...but I stop short at "displaying them"
    LOL you stop short at "displaying them" yeah I thought that would be too much lol.

But it seems that everyone else gets rid of them at some point, I should get rid of them as well. Maybe I'll keep the macbook case and one Pre case just in case.
    My Digital Life Blog

iPhone iCons Theme

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    I used to but, once they starting filling up my closet space, out they went--boxes for cell phones, laptops, tivo, etc.

Finding all that new space was liberating!
    I agree!, I took everything out of my closet and specially all the boxes filled with wires and organized them all. Can't throw all of these away but at least they fit nicely in 2 drawers!

My Digital Life Blog

iPhone iCons Theme

Got all my boxes too.
    Also have a big tote...the 15"x15"x30" rubbermaid....FULL of nothing but computer cables, parts, gadgets, a couple of software boxes etc.

Geek....and proud of it!
    you are not the only one, we all love or devices and once we found something better to worth upgrading for. or old device should get the respect that they deserve and have a nice custom fitted box that they had came in to retire. ****'s me off when people just throw their old devices in the dresser or something.
    Save all my boxes. Drives the wife nuts.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    save all my boxes and when i am tired of the device i sell it on e bay with all the packaging

Fred