Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
  1. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    ...yet we only hear what the "actions of a few" are. What the heck does that supposedly "broad group of people" think?

All I know is they invited some racist speakers to their convention.
    All you know is what you you want to know. And you use those choices to justify your attacks on people that you dislike.

You're using the same tactics that hate mongers use.

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Well, if the shoe fits....
    So what you are really saying is that the ENTIRE Tea Party movement consists of these radical people??

Or is it you're trying to bait me again?

Sorry, I'm anti war, anti racist so you're pathetic attempt to lump me in with that any particular movement has failed.

Besides, the whole Tea Party movement has a general "Constitutionalist" statement which is a good thing. It's just now being led down a different path.

How's the "Coffee Party" movement going? I'll bet all 5 people are happy to see that vid!
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    She's as big of a nutjob as those Teabagger are. NO ONE on the right has disavowed the racism the teabaggers espouse.

The Republicans are desperate to bring Teabaggers into their fold (as if they were ever not in the fold) so are afraid to say anything against their tactics.
    Wrong. I have. In this forum. I will do it again, right now:

I think the video that started this thread shows disgusting behavior. I think the video of the violent attack by a "pro choice" person is disgusting. I think any time PITA runs up to someone and shoots spray paint on their fur coat is disgusting. I think when a pro-life supporter shoots a doctor, it's disgusting.

I also think it's disgusting to be inconsistent in applying one's principles. It's also disgusting to be lumped in with people that behave poorly because I share a common opinion on ONE THING out of the billions of things to have an opinion about.

I like hamburgers, so does Jeffrey Dalmer, so I must approve of everything else he does....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Ya, but what about the "nut-job" who has one person in the house that isn't using a Palm phone? I just notices the irony that the non-Palm phone at your house is a "Rant".

That's funny, I don't care who ya are!
    LOL I Cantaffordit

I have to wait till my 12 year olds contract is up!!! If I wasn't taxed approximately 4 months of the year I would have 5 pre's
  5. KAM1138
    It makes me sad that you can't look at that video and call it what it is.
    Are you referring to this "mocking" video? If so, then you are either ignorant or a liar.

My comments:
    While I certainly do not support mocking someone, or harassing them in this fashion. (Post 55)
    Well, I'm not a Tea Partier (although I do enjoy Tea) or Republican, but I am a conservative, and I don't think that sort of thing is right. (in reference to that video) (Post 64)
    I agree it is an embarrassment, (in reference to that video). (Post 66)

CLEARLY, I am not in agreement with the actions of the people on that Video.

Maybe you should get your facts straight.

KAM
    Last edited by KAM1138; 03/18/2010 at 02:21 PM.
  6. KAM1138
    Who said anything about guilty about proven innocent? This isn't a trial.
    I didn't say it was a legal matter. You are declaring these people guilty, of your accusation.

If your group is ONLY known for racist, classist, nasty actions, SURE, you better say something or you're just one of them.
    No, that's YOUR mischaracterization.

I guess Naz.is and the KKK also just had a few bad apples...
    Idiotic statement.

I guess you've answered the question exactly how low one will go.

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    So what you are really saying is that the ENTIRE Tea Party movement consists of these radical people??

Or is it you're trying to bait me again?

Sorry, I'm anti war, anti racist so you're pathetic attempt to lump me in with that any particular movement has failed.

Besides, the whole Tea Party movement has a general "Constitutionalist" statement which is a good thing. It's just now being led down a different path.
    Yea, that whole destroy the Fed thing is a great idea. Please proceed with that and start with the USDA so I can get food poisoning. Oh and since there's no fed anymore my marriage won't likely be recognized in certain States. But on the bright side I'll blatantly be able to make more $ than a woman doing the same job.

How's the "Coffee Party" movement going? I'll bet all 5 people are happy to see that vid!
    Not sure why you reference the so called coffee party in that tone. It's not an opposite of the tea party.
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Are you referring to this "mocking" video? If so, then you are either ignorant or a liar.

My comments:
    While I certainly do not support mocking someone, or harassing them in this fashion. (Post 55)
    Well, I'm not a Tea Partier (although I do enjoy Tea) or Republican, but I am a conservative, and I don't think that sort of thing is right. (in reference to that video) (Post 64)
    I agree it is an embarrassment, (in reference to that video). (Post 66)

CLEARLY, I am not in agreement with the actions of the people on that Video.

Maybe you should get your facts straight.

KAM
    I stand corrected and have to ask what about that man with parkinsons would cause those two seemingly rational individuals to react so angrily?
  9.    #129  
    Very interesting. It seems to be impossible for our right wing friends to just say "this was wrong" without throwing up examples of what the other side does. KAM almost made it, but not quite. Everything has a modifier. Is it even possible for you to recognize hateful behavior without having some kind of excuse for it?

By the way...his sign said "Got Parkinson's? I do and you might. Thanks for your help", directed at the congresswoman.
    Yea, that whole destroy the Fed thing is a great idea. Please proceed with that and start with the USDA so I can get food poisoning. Oh and since there's no fed anymore my marriage won't likely be recognized in certain States. But on the bright side I'll blatantly be able to make more $ than a woman doing the same job.

Not sure why you reference the so called coffee party in that tone. It's not an opposite of the tea party.
    1) We survived several thousand years without the USDA.... Let me ask you are you a Vegetarian or a vegan by any chance?

2)Fed? You mean the Federal Reserve? What do they have to do with marriage? Or do you mean the Federal Government? Libertarians aren't for getting rid of the Federal Govt, just shinking and limiting it, as well as handing powers back to the states.... you know... like that silly Constitution paper says.

3) I believe women who do the same job as a man should get paid the same??? Are Libertarians responsible for that??? In all fairness though, men have been in the workforce much longer. Women on the other hand traditionally had the toughest job on Earth... Taking care of kids..

BTW I'm both happy and proud to say that my wife makes more than me... AND I WORK HARDER!!!

"Oh and since there's no fed anymore my marriage won't likely be recognized in certain States."
    And you didn't know what Teabagging was???? lol, yeah right!!!!
  11. KAM1138
    I stand corrected and have to ask what about that man with parkinsons would cause those two seemingly rational individuals to react so angrily?
    Thank you.

I have no idea what would have made those people behave in that manner.

KAM
  12. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Very interesting. It seems to be impossible for our right wing friends to just say "this was wrong" without throwing up examples of what the other side does. KAM almost made it, but not quite. Everything has a modifier. Is it even possible for you to recognize hateful behavior without having some kind of excuse for it?

By the way...his sign said "Got Parkinson's? I do and you might. Thanks for your help", directed at the congresswoman.
    I actually thought I made it quite clear that I didn't approve of this sort of thing. If it wasn't clear, I'm happy to state it more directly.

I disapprove of the actions depicted in this video. I think it was wrong.

What I'm not going to do is agree with the notion (forwarded by many here) that the actions of some individuals are rightly applied to a very large group of people. That too is wrong.

KAM
  13.    #133  
    1) We survived several thousand years without the USDA.... Let me ask you are you a Vegetarian or a vegan by any chance?

!
    We "survived" without health care for several thousand years too. Of course, the average person died in their forties. Most of the improvements in survival over time have had to do with public health efforts...like clean water, improved living conditions and safe food. But feel free to eat off the ground whenever you want. Just whatever you do, don't give any credit to the government for doing anything good. Except, of course, I'm sure you favor pouring money into the military so we can develop universal health care for Iraq. Which we're doing, by the way.
    1) We survived several thousand years without the USDA.... Let me ask you are you a Vegetarian or a vagan by any chance?
    Not a chance! (and I think it's vegan) Gladly accepts gift cards to Smith & Wollensky. (although I'm capable of admitting that beef is illogical)

2)Fed? You mean the Federal Reserve? What do they have to do with marriage? Or do you mean the Federal Government? Libertarians aren't for getting rid of the Federal Govt, just shinking and limiting it, as well as handing powers back to the states.... you know... like that silly Constitution paper says.
    Yea, that's what I was referring to. There are certain Federal protections that were they not in place, the populations of certain States would likely choose to pass their own laws leading to minority discrimination whether racial or religious.

3) I believe women who do the same job as a man should get paid the same??? Are Libertarians responsible for that??? In all fairness though, men have been in the workforce much longer. Women on the other hand traditionally had the toughest job on Earth... Taking care of kids..

BTW I'm both happy and proud to say that my wife makes more than me... AND I WORK HARDER!!!
    LMAO!!!!, directed at the congresswoman with his back to her office and facing the protesters!!!

Both sides stage events like this for the media, and whats sad is that sheeple fall for it!!!

Both sides do it all of the time!!! Where do you think the phrase "Don't Taze me Bro" came from????????

You don't think that was staged???
  16.    #136  
    Thank you.

KAM
    While I agree with your comment about what you feel, I don't believe this statement. You know exactly why they behave in that manner. Because they have been told lies about health care that no conservative will contradict, even though they know they are lies. This is the desired end point of the republican talking points. And you know it.
    When called on it he did so.

CPAC organizers where called on Tancredo's speech and did not. It's been a frequent and repeated theme to ignore the extremists for fear of losing the extreme right base.
    That's the point. Until called on it, he didn't. At that point it really says more about why he didn't object for 20 years until someone called him on it.

Aren't you saying that "silence is approval" when a republican doesn't proactively disavow someone who says or does something disgusting or racist? Well, then use the same standard. 20 years of silence would equal 20 years of approval.

And yes, the sermons and books are documented. No one has ever claimed that the racist nonsense just spontaneously started right before Obama decided to run for president. No one disputes that the rhetoric and screaming sermons were there long before that.

...unless, maybe he was abducted by an alien and his brain injected with a crazy person's brain. Ya, that's it. He was perfectly sane until right before the campaign started, and then he magically morphed into a crazy man that screamed hateful things from the pulpit.

seriously, you are making KAM's case for him. Shall I hand you another shovel?
  18.    #138  
    LMAO!!!!, directed at the congresswoman with his back to her office and facing the protesters!!!

Both sides stage events like this for the media, and whats sad is that sheeple fall for it!!!

Both sides do it all of the time!!! Where do you think the phrase "Don't Taze me Bro" came from????????

You don't think that was staged???
    I'm pretty sure you don't want to hear what I think. This was despicable behavior. Clearly you don't see it as such, so feel free to make excuses for it. That's what I would expect, actually.
    Thank you.

KAM
    I'll tell you what I think, and goes directly to the core of the health care debate. Those two were faced with a man with an increasingly debilitating disease and their political position would require them to turn their backs and say "so sorry".

I actually think there is an ounce of decency in those two men that created dissonance that lead to their outrage.

Or they could just be jerks.
  20. KAM1138
    While I agree with your comment about what you feel, I don't believe this statement. You know exactly why they behave in that manner. Because they have been told lies about health care that no conservative will contradict, even though they know they are lies. This is the desired end point of the republican talking points. And you know it.
    And here I thought we had a reasonable exchange.

Don't tell me "what I know" when it is really what YOU believe.

There are a lot of lies being told about this Health care business, and it sure as heck isn't exclusive to one side.

Further, as I read the question, it was in reference to this specific encounter, and I have no idea what led up to that, nor what those people were thinking.

Your whole line is just not sensible in my view. Politicians spout stuff all the time--people don't run out in the streets to respond to it. You've giving the Media power of the Republicans WAY too much credit.

KAM
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast