Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829 LastLast
  1. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Sure as long as we make a sincere effort to pursue more long term non-carbon solutions (including nuclear). A gasoline floor tax would help keep us on that path.
    I'm all for Nuclear, but not because I buy into the Carbon-panic. Gasoline floor tax? I'm not familiar with that.

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    I'm all for Nuclear, but not because I buy into the Carbon-panic. Gasoline floor tax? I'm not familiar with that.

KAM
    the government -- through a tax -- to establish a new floor for gasoline," by fully taxing any drop in price below a certain benchmark. The point was to suppress demand and to keep the savings (from any subsequent world price drop) at home in the U.S. Treasury rather than going abroad
  3. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    the government -- through a tax -- to establish a new floor for gasoline," by fully taxing any drop in price below a certain benchmark. The point was to suppress demand and to keep the savings (from any subsequent world price drop) at home in the U.S. Treasury rather than going abroad
    I see. Draining the American public with insured high costs is "savings"? That's crazy.

KAM
    I see. Draining the American public with insured high costs is "savings"? That's crazy.

KAM
    not my idea, just posted in response to your query, the belief was when a gallon of gas hit 4 bucks, people suddenly started parking suvs trucks and such. big 3 started making vehicles with better mileage. so the thought was keep it at that level regardless to what it dropped to.. keeping the difference in the states.. instead of sending it over seas
  5. KAM1138
    not my idea, just posted in response to your query, the belief was when a gallon of gas hit 4 bucks, people suddenly started parking suvs trucks and such. big 3 started making vehicles with better mileage. so the thought was keep it at that level regardless to what it dropped to.. keeping the difference in the states.. instead of sending it over seas
    Yes, I didn't intend to attribute it to you, if I unintentionally did.

Interestingly enough...you know what you just described (not the tax, the result of prices)--a free market interaction and result.

People will make decisions based on conditions on their own, for their own benefit, which modify what they might otherwise choose--all on their own, without anyone telling them they have to.

KAM
    Yes, I didn't intend to attribute it to you, if I unintentionally did.

Interestingly enough...you know what you just described (not the tax, the result of prices)--a free market interaction and result.

People will make decisions based on conditions on their own, for their own benefit, which modify what they might otherwise choose--all on their own, without anyone telling them they have to.

KAM
    Kam lol i do understand the free market system, as i have previously stated. Its what i do on a daily basis. I just do not see it working in the health care arena.
  7. KAM1138
    Kam lol i do understand the free market system, as i have previously stated. Its what i do on a daily basis. I just do not see it working in the health care arena.
    Yes, I understand that is your view.

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Sure as long as we make a sincere effort to pursue more long term non-carbon solutions (including nuclear). A gasoline floor tax would help keep us on that path.
    Unless they spend the "gasoline floor tax" on social entitlements rather than on developing alternate energy technology.

Kinda like they did with the huge tobacco settlements, as well as the ever-increasing cigarette taxes (and no I don't smoke, so I'm not just bitter).

It was supposed to go to tobacco and health related stuff. I wonder how much is now being used for other things. Heck, of the entire country stopped smoking today, think of the economic chaos that would happen if those revenue streams were to stop. I'm just sayin'...
    Were you around before WW II? Since then, you have had less and less opportunity to see medical care operate in a free market.

I'm just saying I didn't realize you were that old...

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    More nastiness from the Teabaggers:

They posted on the internet,a lawmaker's brother's address by mistake, thinking it was the house of a Representative who voted for the healthcare bill...and now there's vandalism there.

Racism, homophobia, and now vandalism and threats of violence--the true nature of the TeaBag Party has revealed itself...

Threats linked to health votes prompt security - Capitol Hill- msnbc.com
    I don't understand this post. First of all, the link just takes me to msn's front page, and I couldn't find the article to get more info (I could have dug deeper I guess but after a minute of scanning I lost patience). Second, there is no "they" in teabaggers. It's not a political party, but a movement consisting of mostly small, localized groups. There's wide variation between these groups in terms of thier overall views... they seem to share one common view regarding taxation and ire over the bailouts. So grouping them all in to one sack and branding them all when a small group does something stupid is a bit silly, don't you think?

Third, didn't you say it was "by mistake"? And how do you know that the vandals were teabaggers?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Link works fine for me. The title of the actual article is "Threats linked to health votes prompt security." At least 10 Democrats got threats. The fact that teabaggers listed the brother's address by mistake and the brother's house got vandalized pretty much leads it straight to the teabaggers.

As for the teabaggers being small, localized groups--but an ideology holds them together. White Supremacists aren't one party, but the violence they espouse represents them all. Democrats aren't all one big happy family, but you sure love to paint them all with one brush...

The nasty Teabagger racism, homophobia, vandalism, and threats have yet to be repudiated by ANYONE associated with the Right--so I can only assume they agree with it.

The Tea Party had a national convention, for goodness sakes--they have to start taking responsibility for the actions of their members.
    Oh please, zelgo.... White Supremacists? Please, you're going way over the top here. Why not Black Panthers? Or Muslim Extremists? Who else can we compare them to? N4zi's are soon to follow?

What is the point of smearing them through these associations. How about debating them on their issues and view, and skipping the usual character assassinations?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    How is this a Pre thread???
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puyobwoc View Post
    How is this a Pre thread???
    It's in the "Off-Topic" forum.
  14. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Oh please, zelgo.... White Supremacists? Please, you're going way over the top here. Why not Black Panthers? Or Muslim Extremists? Who else can we compare them to? N4zi's are soon to follow?

What is the point of smearing them through these associations. How about debating them on their issues and view, and skipping the usual character assassinations?
    Well, Micael--that IS the goal. How many threads and posts do we need to see, trying to forward the same propaganda line (there must have been a memo) to treat these posters as what they are?

How many trolling posts and threads does one need to start and continue before they are identified as the obvious trolling that they are, and dealt with?

This stuff is pure hatred dressed up as indignation, smearing innocent people for the "Crime" of having different views. Not the people who do stupid or dangerous or illegal things--but EVERYONE that these dishonest people choose to include in their broad brush slander.

How much more blatant does it need to be?

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Were you around before WW II? Since then, you have had less and less opportunity to see medical care operate in a free market.

I'm just saying I didn't realize you were that old...

Smart ***, no im not quite that old lolol
    Please vote. We can still beat the blackberry bold!

March Smart Phone Madness Game 11: BlackBerry Bold 9700 vs. Palm Pre Plus
    Well, Micael--that IS the goal. How many threads and posts do we need to see, trying to forward the same propaganda line (there must have been a memo) to treat these posters as what they are?

How many trolling posts and threads does one need to start and continue before they are identified as the obvious trolling that they are, and dealt with?

This stuff is pure hatred dressed up as indignation, smearing innocent people for the "Crime" of having different views. Not the people who do stupid or dangerous or illegal things--but EVERYONE that these dishonest people choose to include in their broad brush slander.

How much more blatant does it need to be?

KAM
    I posted in another thread, where the Tea Party has acknowledged that they must reign in their more ummm fringe members. however even they try to distance themselves by stating that they can not control individuals.
    I restate the obvious, its just a plain mircle that all these people show up at a given place and time, all packing signs, that pretty much say the same thing. now i can possibly excuse the signs, but all those people, and according to you the majority of americans, just all happen to show up.. darn,,,, perhaps i was wrong, maybe there is a god, and he is republican. NAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    Man arrested for threatening to kill Cantor

and the madness continues.. I dont care if its right or left, reign in your zealots, or this is gonna be the tip of one hell of a big iceberg/
  19.    #540  
    Man arrested for threatening to kill Cantor

and the madness continues.. I dont care if its right or left, reign in your zealots, or this is gonna be the tip of one hell of a big iceberg/
    Yes, and it's kind of humorous watching the republicans get really giddy about this, without apparently being aware that the same guy threatened Obama and the studio that made the movie Babe. He is mentally ill, people. Of course, I suppose you could argue that those people that threatened Stupak and Lewis are mentally ill, too. But I don't think so. I just think they're ignorant and racist.

Here, take a look at this "left winger" that threatened Cantor.

Norman Leboon, a Threatening Kind of Guy The Washington Independent