Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    No, you just aren't understanding this. Those rights are natural born rights--meaning, no one can rightfully deny them to you. People did in fact fight to prevent people from violating those rights, but that did not ESTABLISH them.

KAM
    i understand perfectly well what my rights are. I do not recall at my birth being told i had natural born rights. lol, Perhaps you believe you have "natural born rights" I sure as hell dont. If you are born into a society that is a dictatorship, you know nothing else. Your natural born rights are what you learn you are allowed.
    This is getting surreal.
  2. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    i understand perfectly well what my rights are. I do not recall at my birth being told i had natural born rights. lol, Perhaps you believe you have "natural born rights" I sure as hell dont. If you are born into a society that is a dictatorship, you know nothing else. Your natural born rights are what you learn you are allowed.
    Ok, I'm not going to spend time trying to understand why you are denying the definition of what natural born rights are.

This is getting surreal.
    Well, I've got to admit--that often is what I get from reading your posts.

KAM
    And the classiness of the Tea Party protests continue: Protests get Ugly, Racist

Why is it that people claim that race and hate are a large factor with the Tea Party?

Last edited by Bujin; 03/20/2010 at 05:39 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Ok, I'm not going to spend time trying to understand why you are denying the definition of what natural born rights are.

KAM
    i am not denying anything, i just find it a real reach that you or anyone has natural born rights....lol you have what you have. nothing more nothing less.
    by the way, no where do i see the term natural born rights in your constitution.
    you have the following right (s) upon being born, dieing in due time. nothing more nothing less.
    i am not denying anything, i just find it a real reach that you or anyone has natural born rights....lol you have what you have. nothing more nothing less.
    by the way, no where do i see the term natural born rights in your constitution.
    you have the following right (s) upon being born, dieing in due time. nothing more nothing less.

I think he is talking about those rights that the constitution and declaration of independence say that we are endowed with by our Creator. Among those are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (not the attainment thereof).

Those are "natural rights" in the context of what KAM is saying... And in the context of being Americans, we don't ahve the option for each of us to decide our own definition for rights and who grants them, because it is the foundational element of those documents, which are the foundation of our entire legal and social existence.

...but then, you already knew that
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think he is talking about those rights that the constitution and declaration of independence say that we are endowed with by our Creator. Among those are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (not the attainment thereof).

Those are "natural rights" in the context of what KAM is saying... And in the context of being Americans, we don't ahve the option for each of us to decide our own definition for rights and who grants them, because it is the foundational element of those documents, which are the foundation of our entire legal and social existence.

...but then, you already knew that
    yes i knew that,, but im canadian, we dont have natural born rights lol.. im also an atheist, and extremely pragmatic.
    one mans meal is another mans trash. your interpretation of something is not necessarily everyones. If all believed as you do, then this conversation would not be happening.
    It's not about what you believe. As an American, certain things are defined in the constitution, such as the fact that all men are created equal, and endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights...

You don't get to play relativistic games and mental gymnastics to redefine that stuff in terms of how rights are defined and where they come from.

You can amend the constitution with a new definition. But until you do that, you don't get to be a relativist taking the position that "each of us has our own definition that works for us."

If you think otherwise, then permit me to create my own definition of "stealing" and help myself to your bank account or the contents of your house... Or is stealing one of those things that can't have a relative definition, even though constitutional rights are subject to personal definition?
    yes i knew that,, but im canadian, we dont have natural born rights lol.. im also an atheist, and extremely pragmatic.
    Then who do you ask for help when you have a catastrophe?

Like when the police car pulls you over, or someone misses a period, etc?

Or if none of those things have been a problem, who will you ask for help when you are told you have cancer, or whatever you would consider to be a crisis... you know, the whole "there are no atheists in fox holes or emergency rooms" thing.

just askin
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/20/2010 at 06:44 PM.

KAM
    I think he is just messin' with you KAM...
    Then who do you ask for help when you have a catastrophe?

Like when the police car pulls you over, or someone mises a period, etc.

just askin
    no one i deal with it myself. i would like to quote kam, but i am far too lazy to dig back through his posts. it had to do with the amount of money that would be saved regarding the health care plan. he basically wanted to wait and see the actual amount saved before he was going to believe that you were going to save money.
    so show me, lol as i said extremely pragmatic. lol
    oh by the way, i am also pro choice. lol
    no one i deal with it myself. i would like to quote kam, but i am far too lazy to dig back through his posts. it had to do with the amount of money that would be saved regarding the health care plan. he basically wanted to wait and see the actual amount saved before he was going to believe that you were going to save money.
    so show me, lol as i said extremely pragmatic. lol
    oh by the way, i am also pro choice. lol
    Pro Choice in Canada? I didn't think there was an an issue to take sides in. Isn't that specifically an American thing?
    Pro Choice in Canada? I didn't think there was an an issue to take sides in. Isn't that specifically an American thing?
    nope.... many believe there is no choice. depends on whether your from the conservative side of the tracks.

i, have a slight bent on the pro choice stance. i do not believe it should be used for birth control.
    lol
    i also believe that all kids, until they are 18 should be given a shot so pregnancy is out of the question.

lol just one more
    i also believe all kids, up until the age of consent should have a chip inserted so that they can be tracked. its has everything to do with the freaks out there kidnapping etc etc etc...
    I think he is just messin' with you KAM...
    bingooooo
    nope.... many believe there is no choice. depends on whether your from the conservative side of the tracks.

i, have a slight bent on the pro choice stance. i do not believe it should be used for birth control.
    lol
    i also believe that all kids, until they are 18 should be given a shot so pregnancy is out of the question.

lol just one more
    i also believe all kids, up until the age of consent should have a chip inserted so that they can be tracked. its has everything to do with the freaks out there kidnapping etc etc etc...
    How about this... you have to have a license to collect sales tax, you have to have a license to drive a car, why don't you have to have a license to be a parent? (I forget where, but that's a line from a movie..)

Also, it would be easier for me to understand "pro choice" if the baby had a choice...
    How about this... you have to have a license to collect sales tax, you have to have a license to drive a car, why don't you have to have a license to be a parent? (I forget where, but that's a line from a movie..)

Also, it would be easier for me to understand "pro choice" if the baby had a choice...
    no you dont here, yes you do, you should have to have one. as to the baby.. well thats not a choice is it.
    I am supprised that the term ‘teabagger’ is not censored on PreCentral. I've seen some pretty clean words being banked out.

(edited for baseness) seems pretty bad to me exspecially when it pertains to people protesting our screwed up government.

how about ******? *******? ******? Should I keep going?
    Last edited by daThomas; 03/20/2010 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    And the classiness of the Tea Party protests continue: Protests get Ugly, Racist

Why is it that people claim that race and hate are a large factor with the Tea Party?

Jeebus!

African-American Congressman John Lewis (D-GA), a protege of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., who helped organize the March on Washington, went to the House floor today to tell Majority Whip Jim Clyburn (D-SC) that a Tea Party protester called him a "n-----."
    And then the hate continues:

Another Democratic source confirms to NBC News that openly gay Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA) was called a "f--" by somebody in the Tea Party crowd.
    And finally assault:

Rep. Emanaul Cleaver (D-MO), another African-American member, was apparently spit on by a Tea Party protester.
    Disgusting behavior.

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    So the true motivation behind the irrational hatred of Obama's policies finally comes out.
    I guess since my post was edited its okay to use the term teabagger but we can't talk about what it refers to.

makes no sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    I guess since my post was edited its okay to use the term teabagger but we can't talk about what it refers to.

makes no sense!
    It's in reference to them wearing tea bags (and I think it is used as it rolls of the tongue (no pun intended) a bit easier than tea partiers):

Your post, though incorrect in it's definition, contained inappropriate content for this forum and was edited for that reason. So far, our society has deemed the term tea baggers appropriate enough for Jon Stewart and several news pundits to use without bleeping, probably because very few people know about the mean ing you are referring to other than mostly adolescent-minded misogynists who giggle at the phrase "dirty sanchez".