Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    it was just twitted by sprint. Availability to be announced soon!! So who's switching to the Nexus One??
    wow, I havent actually used a nexus one...but if its any good I would really consider it.

I would probably wait to see what palm puts out next, then decide.
    Unless it's running webOS I'll pass, Android does nothing for me. Certainly not in it's bare bones form like on the Nexus 1.
    not for $500+
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    If you will be able to purchase the nexus 1 at a Sprint store for $200 I think Palm is in deep trouble. I love my Pre but I am very discouraged about the applicaitions from the Big Developers like Sling and Ustream, etc. Sorry to say I would have to give serious consideration to switch to the Nexus.
    Quote Originally Posted by dagold View Post
    If you will be able to purchase the nexus 1 at a Sprint store for $200 I think Palm is in deep trouble. I love my Pre but I am very discouraged about the applicaitions from the Big Developers like Sling and Ustream, etc. Sorry to say I would have to give serious consideration to switch to the Nexus.
    You won't be able to. The whole point of the Nexus One is that Google is able to offer it on their own site without carrier interference. You'll pay $529, though it won't extend your contract.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be some who switch to this, but I don't know, I've never had any interest in the Nexus One myself. Sure it's got a lot of power, but I don't like the form factor, personally.

Edit: Actually that's interesting, apparently new customers to T-Mobile can get it subsidized, I always thought that wasn't the case. Never mind the first part then.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You won't be able to. The whole point of the Nexus One is that Google is able to offer it on their own site without carrier interference. You'll pay $500 I think it is, though it won't extend your contract.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be some who switch to this, but I don't know, I've never had any interest in the Nexus One myself. Sure it's got a lot of power, but I don't like the form factor, personally.
    It's closer to $600 but yeah, no subsidies and no in store.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You won't be able to. The whole point of the Nexus One is that Google is able to offer it on their own site without carrier interference. You'll pay $500 I think it is, though it won't extend your contract.

+1. After WebOS and its true multitasking, Android does nothing for me anymore and WinMo isn't even a consideration anymore (winmo7 or and any other ver).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dagold View Post
    There is no SlingPlayer for the Android OS yet either.