Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So tomorrow I head out for 3 days in NYC. I live in Syracuse, so I have about a 5 1/2 hour ride. The girlfriend is coming too, so We will be armed with a Pre and a Pixi. Point of the trip is sightseeing. I'm anticipating needing a Spare battery as for the drive it will be used heavily. Lots of camera shots and directions and info usage. My laptop is not making it so i am in palms hands here!

I just downloaded the subway map app, and everything is set to go!

I will update as the day goes with battery info and such, maybe the odd picture or two. I'll try to compare stats between the pixi and the pre.... Eh at least this gives me something to do. Anyone have any must see's while I'm there?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Wouldn't know where to begin... but, if you want some good pictures of the Manhattan skyline, Brooklyn Bridge and, at a bit of a distance, the Statue of Liberty, you might hop on over to the Brooklyn Heights promenade. The area also has some decent restaurants but it's pretty low key. Plus, I hear Brooklyn is zombie friendly. Otherwise, it just depends on what you're into. Just don't waste too much time/money in Midtown/Time Square.
    If you could post the good, the bad and how things could probably be improved regarding the phone during your trip, that could provide some useful info.

looking fwd to reading some updates!
    Quote Originally Posted by balm View Post
    If you could post the good, the bad and how things could probably be improved regarding the phone during your trip, that could provide some useful info.

looking fwd to reading some updates!
    +1 mrloserpunk. the good, the bad, and the ugly. just give it to us straight.
    be safe my fellow Syracusen. Can't wait for some updates.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Wouldn't know where to begin... but, if you want some good pictures of the Manhattan skyline, Brooklyn Bridge and, at a bit of a distance, the Statue of Liberty, you might hop on over to the Brooklyn Heights promenade. The area also has some decent restaurants but it's pretty low key. Plus, I hear Brooklyn is zombie friendly. Otherwise, it just depends on what you're into. Just don't waste too much time/money in Midtown/Time Square.
    Groovy, you rock man. That is a great find, and I am gonna try my hardest to get there. Thanks!

7.    #7  
    We are just about to leave. Both Pixi and Pre are @ 100%. We both use youmail and I am using the luna 600 patch. I know the battery is not gonna make it, especially with the large amount of word ace headed our way.

Anyone know of a good way to upload photos here while on the road? I've been using photobucket here, but no laptop on the way.....Facebook is nice quick upload, but I need to keep it private for personal reasons...

8.    #8  
    well that sucked. Had to grab an email and forgot I set it to manual. Haven't checked it in days on here.... Just pulled down like 85 emails

an hour in and the pre is @ 82%, pixi, which to be fair is used less as she lets me do all the "figuring out" is @ 96%
  9.    #9  
    To Freakazoid cab driver in syracuse: No I don't think it's a good idea to wait outside that girls work place until she comes out so you can get her number. I think it's weird so will she. Also since we are talking about weird, Do you alsways recite last weeks dating adventures to all your fare's? Weird.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    be safe my fellow Syracusen. Can't wait for some updates.
    Wow. I'm in Syracuse too. This *is* wierd.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  11.    #11  
    +1 to Greyhound. Wifi and outlets on board! Guess that second battery will stay charged during our ride out!
  12.    #12  
    wow, there are 3 people in syracuse with Pre's?
    Mr. Punk:

You're lucky i'm in a good mood today, so i'll give you just a little advice because i grew up in nyc.

-Do NOT walk around the city pointing up at tall buildings with a big smile on ur face. (It would be like painting the word "TOURIST" on ur forehead)

-Do NOT play any sidewalk "games of chance" in Times Square.

-Do NOT buy a ROLEX watch in Times Square.

-Do NOT step on anybody's shoe on the subway.

-Do NOT look anybody in the eye on the subway.

-Do NOT look anybody in the eye on an elevator.

-Do NOT look anybody in the eye until you get to the rest-stop on the Thruway on the way back home.

Damn, i miss nyc.
  14.    #14  
    thanx for the advice dbd. But I think there are bad apples in any city, you make it sound dangerous just being there. NYC is an important part of NY and millions call it home. Can't be all bad right?
    A trick I found in detroit. Travell in groups of at least 4. Removes the easy target opportunities!

some notes: I've had to restart my pre twice now. Jstop couldn't kill enough to get brothers in arms open. So I had to luna restart. I get it open and switch to music player while it was loading, when I went back to it the touchscreen stopped working...i want consistancy....That crap is annoying. Also annoying, why can't I listen to my music while playing a 3D game? Lame!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    thanx for the advice dbd. But I think there are bad apples in any city, you make it sound dangerous just being there. NYC is an important part of NY and millions call it home. Can't be all bad right?.....
    I wasn't badmouthing NYC, i was bragging about it.
  16.    #16  
    fair enough! Yeah I left my fanny pack at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    +1 to Greyhound. Wifi and outlets on board! Guess that second battery will stay charged during our ride out!
    Nice...

I once took a Greyhound bus from Yuma, AZ to LA, CA when I was much younger. Between a state border check for produce and then one for immigration (men with guns asking for my country of citizen ship...."C-C-Canadian s-s-sir.") it was a unique experience to say the least.

Perhaps they are trying to move things up scale a bit.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  18.    #18  
    yeah, years ago I rode from syracuse to sacromento. Scary indeed. It's looking better.

anyone else hate the train lvl on brothees in arms? I beat it once and since lost my save now I can't get past it!
  19.    #19  
    no way a single battery would have made it. I stopped posting battery % as I've got it hooked up to the outlet. So far minimual fustration, save for the music thing and the 2 reboots. Pixi is performing fine, although with no wifi she keeps losing pandora.

Noticed music remix is not playing nicely on it. All white not able to see the tracks. Gf said it's been that way since 1.4 update... Idk haven't heard anything about it. Also the smelly people on the bus hasn't changed. I guess you can offer wifi, but not deoderant.
  20.    #20  
    ya know palm, your radios in the pre suck, you know it. An example after coming outta the subway where I expected to get ****ty signal I had to look up some stuff. While I had full evdo and 4 bars, the browser just kept spinning. Gps wouldn't fix. A reboot fixed it.

I know it's not sprint, cause the pixi didn't have these problems. Honestly, the pixi knows what's up when switching between evdo and 1x, my pre? Gets stuck in 1x and I have to kill the radios to get it back. Lame. Very lame. Extremely lame. A patch could be doing this but I don't think so. I think the radios in the pre blow. I've had full evdo showing up, the pixi the same.... My radio kust gets stuck. Again VERY LAME.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 03/17/2010 at 04:42 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast