Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    ya know palm, your radios in the pre suck, you know it. An example after coming outta the subway where I expected to get ****ty signal I had to look up some stuff. While I had full evdo and 4 bars, the browser just kept spinning. Gps wouldn't fix. A reboot fixed it.

I know it's not sprint, cause the pixi didn't have these problems. Honestly, the pixi knows what's up when switching between evdo and 1x, my pre? Gets stuck in 1x and I have to kill the radios to get it back. Lame. Very lame. Extremely lame. A patch could be doing this but I don't think so. I think the radios in the pre blow. I've had full evdo showing up, the pixi the same.... My radio kust gets stuck. Again VERY LAME.
    Just got back from NYC last week. Same problem. Subway confuses our radio's on our pre. The only solution is reboot, turning the radio on and off didn't work for me.
    yeah im working in a Nuclear Plant(9 Mile Point) and the same thing happens, have to do a reboot everytime. Hope the trip is going good..its 63 and Sunny here in the Cuse...
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
  3.    #23  
    so far so good! Eating at ben ash while waiting for our group to come together. Weather here is great, lotsa green out and about.... I'm not irish, but I'll drink like I am today! Erin go bragh!
  4.    #24  
    dinner at cancun? Drinks @ mcgees. Lotsa photos to post.... Still no idea how to do it from the pre a side note: in syracuse the posters say beers for 2.50 here they are $6. Not such a deal for the same beer.
    Hey mrloserpunk, this is starting to look like a twitter page. lol
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Yeah, midtown isn't a place to go for cheap drinks. I'd say $6 a beer is below average to average. You'll find better prices further south or in the outer boroughs. Oh, by the way, TriBeCa, SoHo and the Village can get pricey too so be careful. Cheaper places in East Village and Lower East Side. Try 6th Street and First Ave for cheap Indian food if you like that kind of thing. Have fun!
    Last edited by groovy; 03/18/2010 at 01:00 AM.
    Get a car charger for the trip!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

8.    #28  
    so incredibly fustrating today. Google maps seems to work only when it wants to. Had a better time using the pixi. I assume my pre is just telling me I have EVDO, but trying to get walking directions failed miserably. On a beight side, lotsa cool pictures of the bodies exhibit and of wall st and the exchange. Missed the boat to ellis island though I saw a bus with a pre add on it, and was able to get the camera app open and snap the shot in a very short period of time. I was impressed with that. The coverage and ability to get directions on demand..... Not impressed!!!!!
    Get a touchstone and hook it up via cig lighter. Enjoy the pre and make it do all it can be while charging.
    I do it all the time.
  10.    #30  
    wouldn't help. Intentionally left the car in syracuse. No way im driving in nyc, that's a stroke waiting to happen! Batter is not a huge issue, crappy performance of the pre in the middle of manhattan is. I've known the radio suck, I think it's software....
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 03/20/2010 at 03:16 AM.
  11.    #31  
    side note: yay to private karaokee rooms. I can't believe I sung tribute by tenacious d. Must have been the sake!
  12.    #32  
    empire state building!
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 03/20/2010 at 03:15 AM.
  13.    #33  
    Wasn't able to updated as much as I would have liked today, battery was an issue, but i think its because I snapped over 150 photos today and used it for directions thru out central park. I did start putting it in airplane mode, and it lasted from about noon to 7:30. I made some calls and sent some facebook stuff too so not bad.

Sucked that we missed our bus home and had to take the next one. Got stuck in an elevator. No crap. 45mins stuck on the 7th floor of the Wellington in Manhattan. Some funny Germans and my girl and her sister made it funnier than it should have been! About 15Mins in we started voting on who to eat first!!

The bus we caught did not offer wifi or outlets Do to our timing I did not get the spare battery charged and i was without pre for awhile on the bus The pixi got a full charge as the girl didnt get charged last night. The Pixi made it from 7 till 2am with Pre like usage as it was our only charged phone.

overall the Pre gets a 7 outta 10 here.
    Gonna give the Pixi a 9 outta 10.
    It was more dependable for signal than the Pre. I mentioned how lame that was several times this trip....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    That sucks Mr. punk that your pre had let you down kindda, at least ur girl has a pixi as a plan B. who did yous guys ended up eating first lol
    Hey punk, i appreciate that u filling us in on the performance of your pixi-vs-pre on vacation and keeping us in the loop, even if you should be only concentrating on just having fun since you are on a vacation, but u still are taking time out of it to fill us in so thanks.
  16.    #36  
    Vaca is over unfourtunatly... back to the grindstone. I will post some pics shortly, but I had a blast! Thanx to everyone for sharing it with me!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I wasn't badmouthing NYC, i was bragging about it.
    I think its changed a bit since you lived there (or at least Manhattan south of 96th street has). The biggest danger now is someone running over your foot with a stroller.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    wouldn't help. Intentionally left the car in syracuse. No way im driving in nyc, that's a stroke waiting to happen!
    Driving in NYC is not to bad, parking is the problem. If you are looking for some excitement, try driving in London.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12