1.    #1  
    If you are or once were a fan of Progressive Rock Music, you'll have to "tune in" to my live webcast tonight (Friday) from 9pm-Midnight Pacific Time (12-3 Eastern) on The Dividing Line. Most of my show is independent & unsigned prog rock bands that might sound like: Genesis, Yes, ELP, King Crimson, Dream Theater, etc.
    There is a chat room as well, so make sure to join during the show & I'll give a shout out to visorcentral! I use my VDX to take notes during the week for the show...
    "This world is totally Fugazi." -Fish (Marillion)
  2.    #2  
    Wot? No Prog fans on VisorCentral!
    Friday June 14th a special live show: 9pm PT (12 midnight ET)
    Visor Central guys are:
    - Bluegrass fans (Toby and his quote-parsing has a kind of bluesy vibe to it)
    - Classical fans (with a 50/50 split deciding on whether or not beethoven should roll over or not)
    - punk rock fans (you should see septimus and his jonny rotten impression. hilarious)
    - hip-hop (bobbymike *is* grandmaster flash. No lie.)
    - Some folks like alternative sounds. I believe ToolkiT likes the sounds of a can of Foster's opening along with the beat of "American Woman".

Unfortunately, I'm on the east coast. I'll be fully conked out by the time you start your show.
    an old girlfriend of had the misfortune of working for "fish" in the late 80's. It's not for nothing his real name is Derek **** - even worse, Marillion are still playing.
  5.    #5  
    I guess there's a reason why he's divorced now, yea? I was a fan of the music, not his personality
    Originally posted by NeilMcD
    Visor Central guys are:
    - Bluegrass fans (Toby and his quote-parsing has a kind of bluesy vibe to it)
    Blues? Yes. Bluegrass? Were I the violent type, them would be fightin' words.
    - Classical fans (with a 50/50 split deciding on whether or not beethoven should roll over or not)
    What's the breakdown on those that not only think he should roll over, but should also inform Tchaikovsky of these significant events?
    - punk rock fans (you should see septimus and his jonny rotten impression. hilarious)
    Actually, I could see that.
    - hip-hop (bobbymike *is* grandmaster flash. No lie.)
    I _thought_ those kids resembled somebody familiar.
    - Some folks like alternative sounds. I believe ToolkiT likes the sounds of a can of Foster's opening along with the beat of "American Woman".
    Mee-you-zic ... Bee-yah.
    Unfortunately, I'm on the east coast. I'll be fully conked out by the time you start your show.
    Same here, but central time. When I finally get my cable modem hooked up, though, that would maybe make it more likely to happen. Also, I think it's been a while since Fish was out of Marillion.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Dream Theater kicks major ****!!!!! I've had the pleasure to see them twice. The second time was with another prog rock band called Spock's Beard. Those guys were pretty good and rocked real hard!!

Unfortunately, I too am on the east coast and also, I'm still doing the dial-up thingy so my bandwidth truly sucks!!!

Later,

Craig
    What the Heck! It's what I want!
  8.    #8  
    Well VE, if you like DT then my show is the place for you! I only play one Spock's Beard tune a show, as the rest of the DJ's on this hobbiest station are huge Spock's fans.

I've seen DT six times now myself. I'm going to have to pass on the second leg of the World Tourbulence Tour as I saw them just a few months ago on the first part of the tour. They are touring with Satriani & Kings X...I'd like to see all 3 but too much time & money.

(PS: the archives of the various shows on the "station" should be back soon, then you can listen anytime.)
    While we're plugging webcasts - I used to listen to WBER when I lived in NY. I tune in every now and then now to see what is new. Someone I once worked with described "alternative" music as today's "folk" music. Whatever you want to call it - WBER proclaims they have been "Playing the best in alternative music since 1985. "