1.    #1  
    Should You Pre-Order an iPad?

Competition

It's still unclear exactly what the iPad will do best, Enderle says. Competing devices slated for release may be better choices, depending on what you would use the iPad for. Shoppers looking for an e-reader may want to wait for Amazon's expected Kindle 3, while Dell's Streak tablet offers more computing power, he says. Another soon-to-be-released contender, Notion Ink's Adam, "is probably closer to what the second-generation iPad will be than what the iPad currently is," he says.

should-you-preorder-an-ipad: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
    +1
    Ipad is not for me either but you have to admit it's light years beyond the palm folio
    if it werent for the lack of flash i would CONSIDER one as a replacement for my netbook but whats the point without flash
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    if it werent for the lack of flash i would CONSIDER one as a replacement for my netbook but whats the point without flash
    Totally agree; not the "full" internet!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Totally agree; not the "full" internet! Also what's so "magical" about it.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    yes agree with you not full internet
    No, just an oversized/overpriced ipod touch.
    I go back and forth between an iPad or a Chrome OS laptop. Both have their benefits. I want one that streams Netflix and Hulu.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I just did today. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I heard on the radio that Apple is receiving over 10,000 pre-orders for ipad each day, and right now it's projected to outsell the iphone. With all the negative comments I've run across on the blogs, I found this surprising.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Why would you need that when you can get a little mini laptop with a keyboard, flash and so much more memory and usability? You have to find a way to prop the thing up on your lap and already I hear they are making a special "keyboard" for it.. what's the point? No thanks.
    i want a WePad and im on the waiting list. Its a android based tablet.
    SCK Manager
    Dont need one, have a laptop and smartphone.
    Netbook - Multitasking = iPad.

In my opinion, it's worthless. Plus other companies are coming out with much more functional and powerful tablets.
    I've already got my iPad:

May be in version two, when they give way,way less bezel on the thing.