1.    #1  
    I am trying to plan a trip to Mexico with the gf for later this summer. I know it is still a time away, but I wanted to start doing some research soon.

Has anyone here took a trip to Mexico before, as far as beach resort style. I found a few sites online that give pretty good ideas and descriptions of various spots and resorts, but wanted to know if anyone had any personal experiences or recommendations.

We are still in our mid-20's, but I am not sure I want to go to a resort that will be stocked with teenagers and college students partying like its Spring Break. It is definitely an option, and we still hit the night life often, but I did want something that would be quiet and romantic as well. So all-inclusive resorts are more of what I might be looking for, but any info or experiences are welcomed. Thanks.
    I just went to Barcelo Maya Colonial in February. It's all-inclusive, has a great beach, and is very clean. They have shows every night and a disco (which I never went to), numerous bars, etc. The food was good (not gourmet) and very plentiful -- you could eat yourself silly. There are some activities available for free and many for an extra cost. The best info I found online was at UNOFFICIAL BARCELO MAYA | Unofficial guide to Beach | Caribe | Tropical | Colonial | Palace.

Here are some Pre-sized wallpapers if anyone's interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

I recommend Cuba. Resort wise it's like Mexico but cheaper and safer.

That siad... Destination Wedding Hotel - Honeymoon Hotel In Riviera Maya - Cancun Anniversary Hotel | Karisma Hotels & Resorts

I have a co-worker who got married at the above location. It's all inclusive and full service but is small and quiet...caters more to romantic getaways and families. Also...it's right on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by oespinoza83 View Post
    I am trying to plan a trip to Mexico with the gf for later this summer. I know it is still a time away, but I wanted to start doing some research soon.

Has anyone here took a trip to Mexico before, as far as beach resort style. I found a few sites online that give pretty good ideas and descriptions of various spots and resorts, but wanted to know if anyone had any personal experiences or recommendations.

We are still in our mid-20's, but I am not sure I want to go to a resort that will be stocked with teenagers and college students partying like its Spring Break. It is definitely an option, and we still hit the night life often, but I did want something that would be quiet and romantic as well. So all-inclusive resorts are more of what I might be looking for, but any info or experiences are welcomed. Thanks.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    If you want quiet and romantic, you may want to try:

Maroma Resort

seriously quiet but close enough to the madness to take a cab to partake of some jello shots and return to this sanctuary.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I stayed at the all-inclusive Iberostar Cozumel once. What I liked was the rooms are little bungalows, each complete with a patio and hammock. There was plenty of staff around to help with anything who also organized activities around the pools. What I didn't like was the room A/C was controlled by a motion sensor so it turned off when you were out. When you got back it took a while for the room to cool down and the humidity to get pumped out. Also, its pretty far from city center (where the cruise ship terminal is and most of the bars) so if you'll want to go there a couple of times, stay somewhere else (I think it was a $20-25 cab ride each way.) For a long weekend where you want to party a little during the day but want quiet romantic time in the evenings this place is an option. Read some of its online reviews.

And best of all, Mexico has CDMA service!