View Poll Results: How many questions of the 2010 US Census would you answer if asked.

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • One

4 10.00%
  • Two

0 0%
  • Three

1 2.50%
  • Four

1 2.50%
  • Five

0 0%
  • Six

0 0%
  • Seven

0 0%
  • Eight

1 2.50%
  • Nine - All 10

28 70.00%
  • Zero - I'm fed up or don't care.

5 12.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thought I would liven things up a bit tonight.
    2010 census questions. Here is the interactive Government link and the basic questions below. Questions:
    If you do not plan on answering all the questions how many will you answer?
    Do you have any thoughts personal or legal?

2010 US Census Questions:

1) How many people were living or staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2010?

2) Were there any additional people staying here April 1, 2010 that you did not include in Question 1?

3) Is this house, apartment, or mobile home: owned with mortgage, owned without mortgage, rented, occupied without rent?

4) What is your telephone number?

5) What is Person 1's name?

6) What is Person 1's sex?

7) What is Person 1's age and Date of Birth?

8) Is Person 1 of Hispanic, Latino or Spanish origin?

9) What is Person 1's race?

10) Does Person 1 sometimes live or stay somewhere else?

Articles of law:
    Article 1 section 2 of the US Constitution
    Article 13
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 03/10/2010 at 09:59 PM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Why do they need to know my name and telephone number? It's none of their business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Thought I would liven things up a bit tonight.
    2010 census questions.
    Questions:
    If you do not plan on answering all the questions how many will you answer?
    Do you have any thoughts personal or legal?

2010 US Census Questions:

How many people were living or staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2010?

Were there any additional people staying here April 1, 2010 that you did not include in Question 1?

Is this house, apartment, or mobile home: owned with mortgage, owned without mortgage, rented, occupied without rent?

What is your telephone number?

What is Person 1's name?

What is Person 1's sex?

What is Person 1's age and Date of Birth?

Is Person 1 of Hispanic, Latino or Spanish origin?

What is Person 1's race?

Does Person 1 sometimes live or stay somewhere else?
    Uh, I'd answer all of them. My house is pretty boring, nothing worth concealing, etc.
    isnt it beautiful to see government at work
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    Why do they need to know my name and telephone number? It's none of their business.
    I get the phone number thing (#'s get sold to telemarketers daily), but why would you not want them to know your name?
  6.    #6  
    All they need from me is my count for the first question. And I know I would not need to answer the second since I promise I will not forget anyone for the first..lol

If all "men" (& women) are equal, then why would the government need to know any more then the first question?
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I don't have a problem giving my name. I will not give them my phone number.
    All they need from me is my count for the first question. And I know I would not need to answer the second since I promise I will not forget anyone for the first..lol

If all "men" (& women) are equal, then why would the government need to know any more then the first question?
    because some are more equal than others
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    because some are more equal than others
    And it might be time to change that. Justice was said to be blind.

Hey I had a thought. In question 1 it says house, apartment or mobile home. What if you live on a boat, or in a car or a park? There is the guy on the corner that is ALWAYS there with the sign "will work for food". I think he lives there.

We want them!!!
    then he wont get the form mailed to him or you can let him live with you and add him to yours
  11.    #11  
    then he wont get the form mailed to him or you can let him live with you and add him to yours
    If he came by and cleaned the windows and I gave him dinner. I guess I could count him as staying with me that day.

We want them!!!

The govt. doesn't need to know any of the census info, they want to know. It's primarily for planning purposes -- city, state, and national. If you, a private citizen, where deciding whether to build a bar or a nail salon, wouldn't you want to know how many men and women lived in the community? Simple example, sure, but it illustrates why seemingly meaningless information could be helpful.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshaccount View Post
    The govt. doesn't need to know any of the census info, they want to know. It's primarily for planning purposes -- city, state, and national. If you, a private citizen, where deciding whether to build a bar or a nail salon, wouldn't you want to know how many men and women lived in the community? Simple example, sure, but it illustrates why seemingly meaningless information could be helpful.
    Then why do they only ask the sex for the person filling out the form? Then I have to ask. Does that me in my case that my wife and children are unimportant?

We want them!!!
    of course they arent they dont have their own place to live all important people are independant
    Then why do they only ask the sex for the person filling out the form? Then I have to ask. Does that me in my case that my wife and children are unimportant?
    You know, I haven't seen my census form yet, so I'm not sure. I assume they would want to know the gender and age of all people living in your house, again, for planning purposes. That info is useful for school districts, voting districts, justifying more police officers, emergency medical personnel, etc. And if they don't ask, we still think your wife and kiddos are equally important.
    i dont
    first question only. They already have everything else in an IRS database.
  18.    #18  
    Added the reference links of the US Constitution and Articles of such pertaining to the Census to the first post.

We want them!!!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshaccount View Post
    You know, I haven't seen my census form yet, so I'm not sure. I assume they would want to know the gender and age of all people living in your house, again, for planning purposes. That info is useful for school districts, voting districts, justifying more police officers, emergency medical personnel, etc. And if they don't ask, we still think your wife and kiddos are equally important.
    Check out the interactive link. It shows the exact form.
    i dont
    Same here. I don't.
    My 4 kids are grown and have moved away. And my wife is just a pain in my.... these days. Except when one of the grandkids are around.

We want them!!!
    then sounds like they dont need to be on your form though personally im writing that 37 people are staying at my residence on april fools they asked for it placing the date then
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast