View Poll Results: How many questions of the 2010 US Census would you answer if asked.

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • One

4 10.00%
  • Two

0 0%
  • Three

1 2.50%
  • Four

1 2.50%
  • Five

0 0%
  • Six

0 0%
  • Seven

0 0%
  • Eight

1 2.50%
  • Nine - All 10

28 70.00%
  • Zero - I'm fed up or don't care.

5 12.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    True the kids will not but the 37 idea is interesting.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    it just seemed like a nice number to put
    I plan to only answer the first question. Wonder what they will say when they come to the door to get the rest.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    "we are here to kill your famery" oh wait this isnt communist china
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    "we are here to kill your famery" oh wait this isnt communist china
    oh ho......ROR (raff out roud)
    Name and telephone number?! Oh the horror! Unspeakable evil and terror will clearly come to those that fully complete the 2010 USA Census.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    its the idea that what really should only be about finding out the amount of people has become an invasion of privacy not the actual questions
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    then he wont get the form mailed to him or you can let him live with you and add him to yours
    OR, if it was mailed electronically, he could check his yahoo account at the local library.... wait, I forgot. Reality.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    oh ho......ROR (raff out roud)
    Ahh, you're Korean? How often do they have census's there?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I plan to only answer the first question. Wonder what they will say when they come to the door to get the rest.
    Would you believe it can be a 5000.00 fine if you do not answer all the questions? Yet, I still stick with only question #1. I think it's time we the people stand up and say stop. This is our country and you only have a job in washington because we by our vote to be our voice said you can be there.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

We want them!!!
    Just the number in the house. I have never answered anything other than that.
    To my knowledge it has never been enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Would you believe it can be a 5000.00 fine if you do not answer all the questions? Yet, I still stick with only question #1. I think it's time we the people stand up and say stop. This is our country and you only have a job in washington because we by our vote to be our voice said you can be there.
    The goal: pressure the people to do as told.

Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Name and telephone number?! Oh the horror! Unspeakable evil and terror will clearly come to those that fully complete the 2010 USA Census.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    To my knowledge it has never been enforced.
    Same here. I have heard people getting calls or talking to someone at the door. The fine comes up and after awhile the ones that don't cave in are left alone.

We want them!!!
    Fine my a**... If they're only tryna count people then they'll get question one from me and only question one...if their intent is something different then tell me why you want the info. and i'll decide then if I wanna participate.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I read this as sarcasm. If it wasn't sorry.
    This is an example of what we are loosing in freedoms. It's not a big one but they seldom are. We need to say stop to the government at some point. Everyone is different. For many it may be the Health care issue. For other something else in the past or down the road.

If I were in charge of x town and wanted a tax increase of 20% this is the way it is done. Tax small this year and then the next. In a few years the people would not feel it as bad as if I went the full 20% in one year.

Lets say you want to control when they drive. Goal is - no vehicles on the road between 2am and 6am. First I would close all roads between 3 and 4am. Have the road crews do repairs and cleanups. Then expand it to 2:30-4:30. But the crews are only working in the first and last half hours. After some time it would be 2-6am with no work crews out at all. Yet the people just got use to it and few speak out.

Now the census. My goal is to get as much information about the people as I can. Add a simple question each new census. The people don't seem to mind. After all it is only one more question. The sad part is maybe next time it will be "do you have a gun permit". Time after that "how many guns do you own". Some day there is a knock on the door saying that in order for you to conform to the new law you have to turn over the fire arms we have on the list. Or we understand that from the last census that you have 2 children, you have had cancer and to eliminate the risk of passing it on, under the government health care plan you will not be covered for childbirth so we need to implant this lifelong anti-birthing chip.

Look around. Right now if you purchase a shirt or pants at say Walmart ( not picking on them but it is like most stores) there is an RFID chip. This chip when you make your purchase can be tied to you if you use a credit card (something scanned with your name). The next time you walk in the store the store knows it is you and your purchase habits. After all you are scanned. Are they doing anything with this information? I don't know but there are ideas being developed.

We just went through it with gas prices. I bet you are kind-of ok with the current price. Do you remember it was less then $1.00 in most states only 7-8 years ago. And yet many just say "glad it's not the 4.00/gal price".

When did or will you say stop?

Sorry I went long.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 03/13/2010 at 04:55 PM.

We want them!!!
    Look around. Right now if you purchase a shirt or pants at say Walmart ( not picking on them but it is like most stores) there is an RFID chip. This chip when you make your purchase can be tied to you if you use a credit card (something scanned with your name). The next time you walk in the store the store knows it is you and your purchase habits. After all you are scanned. Are they doing anything with this information? I don't know but there are ideas being developed.

We just went through it with gas prices. I bet you are kind-of ok with the current price. Do you remember it was less then $1.00 in most states only 7-8 years ago. And yet many just say "glad it's not the 4.00/gal price".

When did or will you say stop?

Sorry I went long.
    I don't get it... all items you buy now is tied to you... they have all that information in barcode. RFID is nothing new... great for inventory, and (big one) self checkout.

My biggest argument when someone talks of all this gov't tracking and such is we have ALREADY done it to ourselves!!!!

The gov't -- or anyone else -- only needs two things to know everything about most people:

1) Telecom (cell / house / work phones): Who you speak with, built in gps on the cell (track your locations), etc.

2) Financial data: Credit cards, ATM uses, etc.

With most people now you only need cell phone and credit card information to know whatever you want to know about them as an individual.

It is scary to think that anyone can find out our exact locations from the first day of cell phone ownership... anyplace you have ever been (and had reception). Don't know if they can go back that far, but we should assume they could, if needed... Through court cases, we already know they can go back several months.

It is crazy what we do to ourselves... then want to be fearful of the gov't? lol Right.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Not being a conspiracy theorist, I'll just fill out the whole thing.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you

thats all i've got to say
    I read this as sarcasm.
    It wasn't. I have never had any reason to doubt the intentions of the government. Government like anything else isn't perfect, requires oversight and the more people involved the better the results. I suppose I'm bringing a view of the Canadian system to this (Constitutional Monarchy/Parliamentary Democracy) as I have only been living in the USA just shy of 3 years. That said it seems to me the the American Government has taken a freak out approach in the last 8 years. Shoot first, ask questions later and do what it likes regardless of all else (read: Iraq). Do I trust the USA Govenment less than that of the Canadian Crown? Yes.

Regardless.........Government is necessary. We need police constables, highways, defense, health inspectors, teachers, weather reports and crash safety standards. Someone has to make all this happen and has to do it with us as the top priority. The bureaucrats that do this work day in and day out do so with the same pride you take in your daily work. They don't have a secret agenda or evil plan to strip you of your freedoms. They want to do their jobs and do it well like anyone else. These people are your kids teachers, your neighbors and possibly members of your family. Census data is critical for hundreds of reasons from immigration to health care to poverty. Just because average Joe citizen doesn't understand why the Government needs to know how many people live in his house doesn't mean the question isn't important.

If you think the establishment is out to get you and your freedoms are being violated then enact change. This is a Republic after all. The USA has a very proud history of fighting for something better.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 03/15/2010 at 08:14 AM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast