Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I'm starting the Corey Feldman Death Watch. I'm calling suicide via heartbreak no later than April.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    That "$hit sucking vampire" must have finally got him.

RIP!!

/me is also an old school fan of "The Lost Boys"

Oh yeah.. "Cry little sister" brings back some old memories! Now that I think about all of this.. feel bad for the coreys. It was the day and age of child stars getting all messed up with drugs and what not.

Once again.. RIP!
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    It looks like sources are saying that Corey may have died from a Vicodin overdose. Though I'm sure that when toxicology reports come back, he probably mixed drugs, we see yet another victim of big Pharma. I wonder what the stats are in regards to deaths of legal vs illegal drugs.

Hmmm, I wonder how much money Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) made during the false pandemic for H1N1. By the way H1N1 is resistant to Tamiflu, but we (US Govt) bought it in droves anyway....
    Can't tell if your kidding here. Corey's death aside, are you saying that pharm co's are responsible for the deaths of individuals? Sorry, I realize this is off topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshaccount View Post
    Can't tell if your kidding here. Corey's death aside, are you saying that pharm co's are responsible for the deaths of individuals? Sorry, I realize this is off topic.
    No, not at all. At least in this case it appears that he abused vicodin which (yet to be determined) resulted in his death. I have and always will believe in personal resposibility.

I know that it's kind of off topic, but still slightly related. I can go grab xanax or vicodin with my BCBS and it only costs a couple dollars and its abused more than any other drug out there (I think). I had to get Vicodin for a back injury and it cost me 3 bucks. I couldn't sleep and it made me itch so I didn't like taking it. I have known others to eat it like candy and drink alcohol on top of it. Meanwhile, big pharma spends millions supporting our political establishment (Republicans and Democrats), who in turn keeps up this bogus war on drugs while legal drugs are killing more people than the illegal ones.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    "Finally I'll be able to tell Corey Haim from Corey Feldman. Haim's the one that's decomposing." --Doug Stanhope
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    No, not at all. At least in this case it appears that he abused vicodin which (yet to be determined) resulted in his death. I have and always will believe in personal resposibility.

I know that it's kind of off topic, but still slightly related. I can go grab xanax or vicodin with my BCBS and it only costs a couple dollars and its abused more than any other drug out there (I think). I had to get Vicodin for a back injury and it cost me 3 bucks. I couldn't sleep and it made me itch so I didn't like taking it. I have known others to eat it like candy and drink alcohol on top of it. Meanwhile, big pharma spends millions supporting our political establishment (Republicans and Democrats), who in turn keeps up this bogus war on drugs while legal drugs are killing more people than the illegal ones.
    Ok, I see what you meant. I also believe in personal accountability. So I sleep better at night assuming that the number of people helped by Rx meds far outnumbers the people who abuse them or are killed by them, but I don't know that is the case. Additional comment (sorry, no source again) I read recently that Rx meds kill X number of people per year, but the majority of deaths are not due to abuse, the #1 killer is mistakes, i.e. pharmacies miscounting, physicians filling out prescriptions incorrectly, hospital dosage mistakes, patients misreading labels, etc.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 03/11/2010 at 11:59 AM.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    "Finally I'll be able to tell Corey Haim from Corey Feldman. Haim's the one that's decomposing." --Doug Stanhope
    Have you seen Feldman lately? That difference won't be as distinguishable as you think.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12