Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm thinking of moving from Chicago to Portland (Oregon). Any p|c people out that way? I'd like any recommendation on the city and area you have.
    Last edited by noco37; 03/09/2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: corrected spelling of Portland....
    woah bro, there is an entire land make of the stuff? I'm there.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    but if the whole lands "that stuff" where would they grow the cheetos
    dang. A missing "R" sure changing the meaning. But... Isn't portland, potland too... Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    but if the whole lands "that stuff" where would they grow the cheetos
    so right. One of those carefull of what you wish for things. I could see the wishmaster doing that to a poor burnout....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I don't live in Portland but spent a summer there (well about 10 min from there). I loved it there! Pretty peaceful and clean for a big city. Peaople were also mellow (unlike LA). Also a big plus was the fact that there is NO SALES TAX in Oregon
  7.    #7  
    OK, time to clean the keyboard.... The r key is not working well.
    the
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_knight5456 View Post
    the
    look who's bumping their post count
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    look who's bumping their post count
    I don't think the Off Topic thread rolls into the post counter.... could be wrong...
    good hes probably just going to post one word things until he can post links
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    I don't think the Off Topic thread rolls into the post counter.... could be wrong...
    Off Topics do indeed show up in the New Posts list, at least for the mobile site.
    I think Portland was voted the country's most bike friendly city. That alone makes me want to at least visit.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    I think Portland was voted the country's most bike friendly city. That alone makes me want to at least visit.
    On paper, it looks like a nice place. I've never been there so I hope some local can give me a bit of insider info.

Time to check airline costs and take a weekend trip out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Off Topics do indeed show up in the New Posts list, at least for the mobile site.
    True, but I don't think the raise the member post count.

Edit: Just checked, this post did not raise my post count.
    Last edited by noco37; 03/09/2010 at 11:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    So I live here in Portland (well a suburb of) and honestly I can't see myself leaving. Grew up in Alaska, spent some time in Arizona (yes I know, quite extreme), was born in Washington state and well nothing feels more like home than Oregon. My suggestion to you is to really look at the surrounding areas because they all differ a bunch. Can go from stereotypical super liberal Portland (the actual "potland"?) to quite conservative Portland in less than an hour. So what's the living situation you are looking for?

- Phil -
    I was born in Portland, OR and I've spent my entire life within an hour drive of Portland.

Portland isn't a bad place, but I wouldn't want to live there unless I had a very good reason. If you want a large city in the NW, Seattle would be much better. The state income taxes in Oregon are absolutely brutal, and for most of us, far worse than the sales taxes in other states.

If you really want to live in Oregon, which is a great state aside from the horrendous tax structure, there are safer and nicer cities.
    you can't pump your own gas in orgeon, its nice on cold rainy days to sit in your warm car while someone pumps your gas for you...O by the way,it rains everyday, i would stay away from the pacfic northwest....
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Could always settle for Vancouver, WA if you want their taxes but the Portland area. House prices are also far better up there as well.

VeeDubb65: which VW do you drive? I'm huge enthusiest myself.
    When I first moved to Portland Oregon, it felt like it rained for a month solid. If I wasn't so settled in work wise, I might move back south.
    If you don't mind wet, and you hate heat, go for it.
    The west side is nice.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    It shows up in the 'New Posts' it just doesn't add to post count when made in OT.
    Making junk posts that have no use/content are a forum violation.
    And attempting to boost post count using this method is spamming.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast