View Poll Results: Should K2 Incense Be Made Illegal?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 40.00%
  • No

12 60.00%
  • Undecided

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Incense??? If yes or no, why? Or keep your opinion to yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K2_(drug)

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2010/ja...lators-ban-k2/
    Last edited by notaphonegeek; 03/09/2010 at 10:10 PM.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    yes, because that synthetic stuff is not researched as regular Cannabis.
    why go with synthetics if there is a natural equivalent thats well researched and pretty harmless.
    dont need no drugs to get me high
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    for a lot of people it is not a need but a want. and why not, as long as no harm is done.
    i also don't need beer to be happy, but I am happy when I drink beer

anyway, ban synthetic drugs, at least as long as there is no extensive research done.
    In Germany it is illegal. They found the syntetic cannabis in it was a lot stronger then the original one.
    In my opinion, there should not be a ban on any narcotics, but controlled distribution.

Anybody who wants to ruin his life by misusing drugs will do it anyway. It will make no difference if the drug in question is legal or illegal. Alcohol, Heroin, Oxycoton, Meth, you can have a hell of a time if you use them responsibly and your life will go down in the dumps if misused properly.

No government should interfere if the only person being hurt is yourself.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    it is not that easy if the society has to take care of their health later on
    but controlled distribution would take a huge way of income away from criminals, you would keep kids who want some weed keep away from the "wrong" friends and you can guarantee a high quality and purity, which further reduces risks and health care costs for those who consume it anyway.
    no.
    but we wouldnlt have this prob if marijuana was legal.

end the drug war completely.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Pot should be legalized. I don't know enough about K2 yet, but if it's on a par with Pot, leave it alone. In any case, I'm reluctant to look to the government to protect me from myself. Making it illegal just makes it a bigger problem than it was to begin with. It won't stop it's use.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Keep it legal. It will self regulate....just like with lysol, glue or blow the stupid people will eliminate themselves.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Popper668 View Post
    dont need no drugs to get me high
    Ironic Username for the post message.

Wiki Poppers
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Pot should be legalized. I don't know enough about K2 yet, but if it's on a par with Pot, leave it alone. In any case, I'm reluctant to look to the government to protect me from myself. Making it illegal just makes it a bigger problem than it was to begin with. It won't stop it's use.
    wow -- you're a libertarian
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    A good point that was made before: if they're going to pay for your health then they have a vested interest in protecting you from yourself. Now, I'm not trying to derail this into YAHCT (yet another health care thread) but the point is worth considering.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    wow -- you're a libertarian
    On probably more issues than not, yes. Liberal on some, and a knuckle-dragging right-wing whacko on defense and security.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    A good point that was made before: if they're going to pay for your health then they have a vested interest in protecting you from yourself. Now, I'm not trying to derail this into YAHCT (yet another health care thread) but the point is worth considering.
    Excellent point.
  16.    #16  
    Now I have yet to vote on this (and at first I thought this was a thread fail), but I am amazed at the coverage this is getting Nationally. This product is sold as incense and clearly warns the user NOT to smoke it. This is just another example of our Government creating a new law just for the sake of wasting money on the fake war on drugs. What many dont realize is that big Pharma kills more people than any drug period, legal or illegal. Don't even get started on alcohol either.

Before anyone says it. No I don't smoke pot, nor have I tried K2, I like good wine and homebrewed beer. I just don't see a reason to waste more money on what is proven to be a false war on drugs.

Interesting video of Joe Rogan and why weed is illegal (Yes, the same guy from Fear Factor and UFC). He presents a very compelling arguement.

N P R had a segment on K2 about a week ago, the scientist who came up with this chemical makeup was saying that he can't believe its legal. It was developed for something totally unrelated. He's flabbergasted. The problem is you know about what will happen if you take a "hit" from a joint, but with K2 alot of peeps are going to the hospital...way too unpredictable.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    pot simply does no real physical damage if used resposibly and you can't get an overdose. Not so sure with stuff like K2...
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    pot simply does no real physical damage if used resposibly and you can't get an overdose. Not so sure with stuff like K2...
    Well now lets be fair. People that inhale smoke into their lungs, be it cannabis or tobacco, it's unhealthy. Remember, most cannabis is smoked unfiltered as well, so Groovy brings up a great point.

Me, I believe it's a personal freedom. We need less Government in our lives regardless if it's cannabis/k2/cigarettes or alcohol. Why does the Government still crack down on moonshiners, when we can brew our own beer? Waste of resources and a waste of money in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I heard that smoking c4 causes brain damage.... maybe they should make that illegal to? Hrm? Wait... maybe that already is...

... the point is that just because something makes you goofy, or maybe sends you to the hospital when you MISUSE IT, does not mean you need to make it illegal. The government should not be our keepers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast