Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK, I have something in the mail from the Census Bureau today so I open it figuring it's the census form to fill out, but no it's just a letter telling me they're GOING to be sending me the form.

So how much did they spend mailing out these pointless letters? Our tax money at work, sheesh.....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I got the samething today and thought the same thing
    i was thinking the same thing lol im so glad they are spending my money on things we need!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    thats government at work
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    The Census also spent millions on a Super Bowl add.
    should've sent out a letter saying we just spent your tax dollars ****** and you cant do anything about it
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Didn't even open it. Something... ANYTHING in my mailbox addressed to "or current resident" goes in the trash.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Being a genealogy freak, I come at this census thing from a whole different perspective. Some future descendant will be trying to piece together their roots based on the data you leave behind.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Being a genealogy freak, I come at this census thing from a whole different perspective. Some future descendant will be trying to piece together their roots based on the data you leave behind.
    Participating in the Census is one thing... but sending out a letter to tell me that they are going to send another letter that tells me that I need to fill out my Census documents is a bit absurd.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    ......but sending out a letter to tell me that they are going to send another letter that tells me that I need to fill out my Census documents is a bit absurd.
    Agreed....50 + million dollars absurd according my my local evening news.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    What a waste. You should see the questions on the real form. It's better then the letter.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I thought exactly that when I opened it yesterday... wasteful, maybe it was the governments bailout of the post office? haha
    SCK Manager
    Here is a link to the form.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I'm going to have a response to this thread.
    Question 1 is a good one. The rest, meh.
    There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
    Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    I, too, think such letters are silly. If studies show such letters work, they should focus them in areas that don't tend to respond to the census.

If they HAD to do it, wouldn't a postcard be cheaper?
    You know.... I don't think I know of a 6 year old or older that doesn't have an email address. When can we go paperless with some of this stuff? They've been talking about it for decades.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    You know.... I don't think I know of a 6 year old or older that doesn't have an email address. When can we go paperless with some of this stuff? They've been talking about it for decades.
    Seriously Micael. Think about that for a second. It's the census. An important aspect will be to find out where Internet access is lacking in our Country including where it's non-existent.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Seriously Micael. Think about that for a second. It's the census. An important aspect will be to find out where Internet access is lacking in our Country including where it's non-existent.
    Those people don't count.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I'm talking about the mailer, not the census. How much do you think that cost Big Sis? And how many people tossed it without even noticing much more than it wasn't a bill or a personal letter?

Btw, lots of people that do not have internet access check their email at local libraries. I know this first hand. My wife works at one in a small village. Even homeless people stop by to check thier yahoo accounts.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast