1.    #1  
    The HP's Slate Device Runs The Complete Internet -- Including Flash!
    There are 2 videos: One is the new HP Slate commercial and a video demo running Flash

The HP's Slate Device Runs The Complete Internet -... - The Next Bench
    yeah, but can it give me a complete web browsing experience like the ipad?
    nope it needs a fruit on the back to do that
  4.    #4  
    well, the video demo is showing good web browsing
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    look very promising
  6.    #6  
    yeah, HP is talking their time to launch it for 4Q 2010, sure it will come with, better procesor, more storage HHD, removable battery, sd card slot, usb port (usb 3.0), wi fi, (BT A2DP) etc as any good PC
    I don't see why this is a big surprise. Adobe supports Flash for Windows 7.
  8.    #8  
    HP Slate new commercial uploaded on youtube

HP Slate running Adobe Flash Player

Last edited by akitayo; 03/09/2010 at 08:57 AM. Reason: more info
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    HP Slate new commercial uploaded on youtube

HP Slate running Adobe Flash Player

It seems like there is no lag in the demo. If the real product works like that, I might think about getting one unless WebOS "Pad" would be out by then
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    It seems like there is no lag in the demo. If the real product works like that, I might think about getting one unless WebOS "Pad" would be out by then
    Well, it's basically a netbook's guts, from my understanding. If you have lag on a netbook on the sites you want to use, you'll have it on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    I don't see why this is a big surprise. Adobe supports Flash for Windows 7.
    There's a certain group of flash/flash-video ******* who are completely miffed at Apple for not supporting Flash. Although I support Apple in favoring the coming HTML 5.0 capabilities over Flash/Silverlight, I wonder how long they'll be able to hold out? The iPad's success seems to me very dependent on doing with the publishing industry what the iPod did for the record industry. HOWEVER, these publications are planning on being save by selling rich, multimedia electronic subscriptions:
    Sports Illustrated Demo.

I say Apple caves to Flash.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    +1
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    There's a certain group of flash/flash-video ******* who are completely miffed at Apple for not supporting Flash. Although I support Apple in favoring the coming HTML 5.0 capabilities over Flash/Silverlight, I wonder how long they'll be able to hold out? The iPad's success seems to me very dependent on doing with the publishing industry what the iPod did for the record industry. HOWEVER, these publications are planning on being save by selling rich, multimedia electronic subscriptions:
    Sports Illustrated Demo.

I say Apple caves to Flash.
    What would be the differences between both?

Lighter, faster.....? Thanks