1.    #1  
    The wife and I are going to San Diego for 6 days later this spring. She travels a bit for work and being as I can't work in the USA I often tag along and live it up (people trying to sell things to Doctors put on the best parties!).

We are staying on the water downtown at a charmless hotel (Omni) so I'm looking for some interesting things to do (out side of the zoo/sea world) that the average visitor might not know about in that area.

We will be flying in and don't intend to rent a car unless there is something amazing that is a must see.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 03/08/2010 at 01:40 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Depends what you like to do

I am SD born and raised with a grandfather who is a travel agent here

If you like museums/culture type stuff you will definitely want to spend a day at Balboa Park.

the wild animal park sucks balls atm so I wouldn't waste any money on that right now.

How old are you?

are you a downtown nightlife kinda couple?
    well you could always cross the border into tijuana for free
    Last edited by 063_xobx; 03/08/2010 at 01:26 PM.
    I have to say I'm curious. If I can ask, why can't you work in the US?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Cause he's a traveling tourist terrorist.

duh?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RPFTW View Post
    Depends what you like to do
    I am SD born and raised with a grandfather who is a travel agent here
    If you like museums/culture type stuff you will definitely want to spend a day at Balboa Park.
    the wild animal park sucks balls atm so I wouldn't waste any money on that right now.
    How old are you?
    are you a downtown nightlife kinda couple?
    Early 30's, active/athletic couple [sounds like a personal add :-)]

Museums/culture type stuff are high on our list so we will defiantly check out Balboa Park. I'd say our "night club" days are behind us but generally we are up for anything. We always enjoy live music of nearly any kind.

Do many people go kayaking in the bay?

Thanks for the info!
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  7.    #7  
    I do not hold a visa which authorizes me to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Old Town-----Original Mexican influence. Lot's of history and some good Mexican food.

Also, go out to the Cabrillo Monument and see the famous lighthouse and view of San Diego Bay and watch Navy jets take off into the wild blue yonder from North Island.

Tour the Midway aircraft carrier. It's fabulous and right next door is the Fish Market Restaurant where you feel like you are at a San Francisco wharf restaurant...and the seafood is great.

Check-out the Gaslamp area downtown. Lots of fun no matter your age.
    If you're into drinking beer, they have some of the best in the world, IMHO. If you need recs for venues, lemme know.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the great suggestions folks!

@ Grappler - are you speaking of local micro brews? If so, send the info, I'm always looking for good beer!
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Gaslamp District

you wouldnt want to miss this...best there is to do in San Deigo

http://www.gaslamp.org/
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Thanks for the great suggestions folks!

@ Grappler - are you speaking of local micro brews? If so, send the info, I'm always looking for good beer!
    Sending a PM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreDave View Post
    Old Town-----Original Mexican influence. Lot's of history and some good Mexican food.

Also, go out to the Cabrillo Monument and see the famous lighthouse and view of San Diego Bay and watch Navy jets take off into the wild blue yonder from North Island.

Tour the Midway aircraft carrier. It's fabulous and right next door is the Fish Market Restaurant where you feel like you are at a San Francisco wharf restaurant...and the seafood is great.

Check-out the Gaslamp area downtown. Lots of fun no matter your age.
    This is good info as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    The wife and I are going to San Diego for 6 days later this spring. She travels a bit for work and being as I can't work in the USA I often tag along and live it up (people trying to sell things to Doctors put on the best parties!).

We are staying on the water downtown at a charmless hotel (Omni) so I'm looking for some interesting things to do (out side of the zoo/sea world) that the average visitor might not know about in that area.

We will be flying in and don't intend to rent a car unless there is something amazing that is a must see.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Just don't throw anything at the Tigers when you get to the zoo!
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant