1.    #1  
    Does anybody know what this site is for?
    Please Rob Me
    Just call me Berd.
    read the "why" page... sounds pretty clear

in a nutshell, dont update your twitter to say you left home, prone to home invasions (robberies)
    to help me help myself to your things.
    seriously, if you checkin with a location based program, it tells the crooks your not home. I think it's like an aggregatoe that collects the check in data from several sites and publishes it.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    This page explains it fairly well -

Please Rob Me

As does the text in the little yellow box on the home page...

Short story - to raise awareness regarding potential misuses of location-based services... a worthy cause.

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Definately won't tell the world when I'm not home now.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks guys,

I'm really old.
    I don't tweet.

I heard a clip on tv, and thought I'd ask my friends here at Pre|C.
    Just call me Berd.
    tweet: I'm home but dropping a deuce in the bathroom... so please don't rob me especially with pants around ankles and a turtle head hanging
    tweet: done dropping a deuce.. it was healthy.
    tweet: just sharted thought i was done.... but apparently not.
    how was it healthy what did you eat it
    The tables could easily be turned too. I tweet I'm out, when in reality, I'm sitting at home with a shotgun pointed towards the door.

But, the actual point is something that most who tweet or post status updates should be aware of.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    The tables could easily be turned too. I tweet I'm out, when in reality, I'm sitting at home with a shotgun pointed towards the door.
    LOL...
    Nor should women tweet that they're home alone. My sister did that once. I nearly killed her.
    Part of the problem with people telling the internets where they are is that other people might nearly kill them?