Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdotsteele View Post
    You Americans saying congrats to Canada should be ashamed of yourself. When it comes to the Olympics it's about pride for your nation.....not sportsmanship. This game wasn't an NFL, NHL, or MLB game. It was a game between two different countries playing for a gold medal and pride. Our country lost and you'll turn around and proceed to kiss Canada's (the victor) ***?

Get real.
    lol this guy is just trolling, right??????
    Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    lol this guy is just trolling, right??????
    Yeah, I'm sure he is.

Grats to the US for making us work hard for it.

Could not have asked for a better finish to the Olympics.

Hehehe, just saw William Shatner in the Closing Ceremony... could this day get any better???
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    what a great game
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    You Americans saying congrats to Canada should be ashamed of yourself. When it comes to the Olympics it's about pride for your nation.....not sportsmanship. This game wasn't an NFL, NHL, or MLB game. It was a game between two different countries playing for a gold medal and pride. Our country lost and you'll turn around and proceed to kiss Canada's (the victor) ***?

Get real.
    your a joke!
    and its no use telling this guy the opposing point of view.. u cant tell ignorant people anything!
    You have to show grace in losing and being a sore loser is not the way to go out. You show respect for those good enough to beat you well unless its the Red Socks . as yankee fan thats where I draw the line. JK. As a NY Rangers fan I had guys on many teams to root for ( ofcourse the Americans ) but again Congrats Canada.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 02/28/2010 at 10:03 PM.
    Talk about a game fighting it down to the end. US had a really good team this olympics. Good to see the competition so fierce. Congrats to the US for still winning the most total medals. Nice that Canada gets a lot of golds for a change.
    Hi friends,

There are tons of people watching,talking hockey and closing ceremony today, NO One in Bell will care who the hell WebOS 1.4, right? Maybe tomorrow everythings will be back to order.
    This marks the first time the USA has been on top of the Winter Olympics medal count since way back in 1932, so nothing to be ashamed of there. Between that and Canada's record-setting gold medal haul, both nations have had a memorable and successful Olympics.

Thanks for making us work for the Gold, USA, and well done! See you again in Sochi.
    Last edited by kallan42; 03/01/2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Added information for clarity
    Don't feed the trollllssssssssss

Great game to both teams couldn't have asked for a more exciting game, Go Canada Go.

Very proud to be Canadian.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    There's like twelve people in the US that give a damn about hockey.
    Quote Originally Posted by kallan42 View Post
    Between that and Canada's record-setting gold medal haul, both nations have had a memorable and successful Olympics.
    I am not Canadian But I am happy for the Canadians That was a great game, Historic Accomplishment on many levels. They played with all heart. Overall Canada had a great Olympics most Golds in any Winter Olympics! Way to go Canada!
    Definitely a great game. Go Canada!
    Quote Originally Posted by kallan42 View Post
    This marks the first time the USA has been on top of the Winter Olympics medal count since way back in 1932, so nothing to be ashamed of there. Between that and Canada's record-setting gold medal haul, both nations have had a memorable and successful Olympics.

Thanks for making us work for the Gold, USA, and well done! See you again in Sochi.
    nothing to be ashamed of? We set the all-time record for most medals in a single Winter Games. That's something to be straight up proud of, not unashamed of!
    I'll trade the gold for 1.4.... Umm Luongo, can i borrow your gold medal?
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    nothing to be ashamed of? We set the all-time record for most medals in a single Winter Games. That's something to be straight up proud of, not unashamed of!
    So you did! I just found that out this morning. You're certainly right to be proud of that, and I meant to express the fact that both countries have many reasons to be proud of their Olympic teams. Well done once again!
    Get real.
    It's just this sort of attitude that gives the USA such a bad reputation the world over. As a Canadian living in the USA for the last few years I can tell you that most Americans do not think this way. Just like anything else it only takes one daft ***** in a thousand to make everyone else seem like a ******.

The entire point of the Olympics is sportsmanship, goodwill and respect for others. A philosophy which in-bodies a good deal of what most Canadian's would describe as being Canadian. Ripping on all this is just sad and of extrealmy poor manners, eh.

The 2 teams put forth an amazing effort. Well done both.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    It's just this sort of attitude that gives the USA such a bad reputation the world over. As a Canadian living in the USA for the last few years I can tell you that most Americans do not think this way. Just like anything else it only takes one daft ***** in a thousand to make everyone else seem like a ******.

The entire point of the Olympics is sportsmanship, goodwill and respect for others. A philosophy which in-bodies a good deal of what most Canadian's would describe as being Canadian. Ripping on all this is just sad and of extremely poor manners, eh.

The 2 teams put forth an amazing effort. Well done both.
    +1 - From another Canuck living in the US, Saved me some typing thanks
    Last edited by Phenoum; 03/01/2010 at 03:42 PM.
    Was a great game, great for hockey in general, just wish Crosby wouldn't have admitted in the post game interview that he was just trying to get the shot on net and he never really looked up to pick an open spot.....lol sucks to get beat by a lucky shot...
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit

Get real.
    It is a shame we did not take the Gold. Unlike you, many of us here understand that we do not have to, as you say "kiss Canada's ***" We walk up, shake hands and say good game. Then we regroup for the next time. Also if you think about it, we did still get the gold by player. So, step back, take a deep breath and support the US team directly for next time. They can use your help. Now if it were Finland, well that's another story...lol
    WOW!!!!

As I Canadian, I must say, ANYONE starting a post with "You Americans..." needs an IQ check.. Have a little respect... Just because you met one redneck in your life doesn't mean there aren't just as many trailor park Canadians as well...

So we got more gold and they got more metals.... They've been in the lead on gold many many times in the past.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast