1.    #1  
    So my PC tanked day before yesterday. I've spent the past two days restoring and reinstalling around my work schedule and I've finally got it back up and running but I just realized that I lost most of everything I had. I can reload all of my music from the CD's and back up my movies from the DVD's (Yeah, I still buy my media) but I lost pretty much all of my web related projects. I'm an ***** for not backing up as often as I should. The worst part about it is I literally just had a conversation about the importance of backing up your data with my brother. (Doh!) So yeah, since this where I find myself more often than anywhere else online I figured I'd vent my self directed frustration here. Please feel free to join in and vent your own recent frustrations or tell me how dumb I am for not backing up my data more often.
    I find you always need a backup the most when you haven't been backing up. I had a HD die last week but lucky for me (for a change) my nightly backup has been working.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I find you always need a backup the most when you haven't been backing up. I had a HD die last week but lucky for me (for a change) my nightly backup has been working.
    Yeah, ain't that the truth. If I haven't yet learned my lesson, redoing the 30+ hours of various projects both paid and free will certainly teach me.
    This should be a reminder to all of us about making sure your phone is currently backed up on palm profile and secondary place too. With the upcoming update you don't want to lose anything should the update cause problems.
  5.    #5  
    Lol, I'm glad my PC misfortune can help remind people to avoid my personal calamity when it comes to the 1.4 update
    I just did some back up prodedures a few days ago for my Pre to prepare for the update. I had an update go wrong once and had to use the "doc" fix and lost some info (though my calendar and contacts were fine via Google). Anyway, I also have an external hard drive for my laptop as I would hate to lose all my "stuff". But a good reminder to make sure all is being backed up!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton