Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Everyone,
    Over the past week or so, I have been involved in some events that have caused trouble for some of the Mods here, as well as some of the users of Precentral in general. I have used inappropriate language, thrown out information without being properly informed, and insulted some people along the way. I want you all to know how truly sorry I am.
    I have let the outside emotions of other life events spill over into my "cloud" life, and let them get the better of me. This will never happen again.
    I have always tried to help people out here at P|C, and I have received thanks for doing so. That in itself is a great gift. It does feel good to help someone figure out a problem and even get problems solved for myself. After all, isn't this what the P|C community is all about?
    A few of my posts seem to have insinuated bad things about Preware and or WebOS Quick Install. I want you all to understand that nothing could be further from the truth. The WebOS internals team has worked very hard to give us everything we could possibly want, and in short order most of the time. For this hard work, they should be commended, not doubted.
    I let a bad experience that I was having with Preware cause me to throw out a post that should have been better checked out before it was posted. I guess I just wanted to feel bigger than I was being the first to throw something out there. Once again, I am sorry for this as well.
    There will be those out there who feel that this apology is not necessary or may want to flame and trash me, and I have no problem with that either. I am fully expecting that, and will not frown upon any comments thrown my way.
    I will always be here for those in need of help, and I will turn to you all for help when it is needed as well. Thanks for reading, and I hope you can all let bygones be bygones, and move forward together as a team.

Sincerely,
    Robert Nicholson (Powerbyte)
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I haven't really been around many of your posts and so this is kinda news to me, but it's really nice to see someone care enough to post something like this.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    +1

Very will said.
    Well done Robert.
    We all make mistakes. Very nice apology.
    Wow, very cool Robert!!! I'm sure we have all gone through tough times but it takes a real man to admit any of his mistakes, very impressive. You will not get any flames from me.
    That was a honorable thing to do. We all suck at times just not all of us can admit it. Nice job, don't be to hard on yourself and try to contribute something to the forum. Giving back always helps me to forgive myself.
    No need to fall on your sword, Robert. The gesture is appreciated, though. Everyone gets worked up from time to time. People need to grow thicker skins, especially online.

We all share a passion for this technology and it shows when we post. Those that have been around a while have seen it all. Everyone has something to contribute and as a community we should embrace that. That concept isn't always shared by some, but such is life.

Keep it real and keep it coming. That's what makes for a great online community.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    well said...thank you
    Nice to see a man admit he made a mistake and take the right actions. Very well said my friend.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    you can ask nothing more of a man once they make a statement like that. Great post...and nice to see the bunny!
    +1

Well said, and obviously difficult to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Everyone,
    Over the past week or so, I have been involved in some events that have caused trouble for some of the Mods here, as well as some of the users of Precentral in general. I have used inappropriate language, thrown out information without being properly informed, and insulted some people along the way. I want you all to know how truly sorry I am.
    I have let the outside emotions of other life events spill over into my "cloud" life, and let them get the better of me. This will never happen again.
    I have always tried to help people out here at P|C, and I have received thanks for doing so. That in itself is a great gift. It does feel good to help someone figure out a problem and even get problems solved for myself. After all, isn't this what the P|C community is all about?
    A few of my posts seem to have insinuated bad things about Preware and or WebOS Quick Install. I want you all to understand that nothing could be further from the truth. The WebOS internals team has worked very hard to give us everything we could possibly want, and in short order most of the time. For this hard work, they should be commended, not doubted.
    I let a bad experience that I was having with Preware cause me to throw out a post that should have been better checked out before it was posted. I guess I just wanted to feel bigger than I was being the first to throw something out there. Once again, I am sorry for this as well.
    There will be those out there who feel that this apology is not necessary or may want to flame and trash me, and I have no problem with that either. I am fully expecting that, and will not frown upon any comments thrown my way.
    I will always be here for those in need of help, and I will turn to you all for help when it is needed as well. Thanks for reading, and I hope you can all let bygones be bygones, and move forward together as a team.

Sincerely,
    Robert Nicholson (Powerbyte)
    It takes a real men to admit to their mistakes and you my friend you been a real men congratulations, not that you ever offended me but am just saying you doing the right thing.
    Yes, it's hard for us guys to apologize (just ask our wives or/AND girlfriends).
    What made it sound sincere, was the OP using his full and real name.
    well done powerbyte, its hard to do.
    There are four lights.
    kudos to you powerbyte for making it right!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Sometimes the anonymity afforded to us by the Internet goes to our heads.

I'm sure everyone here who has forum experience has had those moments. I'd bet that most of us would not handle it as well as you have. It's much easier to change screen names, vanish, or just ignore the fact that anything ever happened in the first place.

While I was not personally offended by anything that was said, I still appreciate how hard it is to apologize, and I appreciate it.

Looking back to the aforementioned thread, I realize that my reply may have sounded a bit... curt. If any offense was taken, please accept my apology, as it was not my intention to belittle or insult.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    +1
    well done buddy.
    you set a great example!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    A nice, sincere, heart-felt apology is not something everyone can do- well put.

This also reminds us of all the hard work put in by many members of the PreCentral community puts in to make the webOS experience one of the best out there.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    ...yikes...
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast