Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I don't think anyone pointed out that an apology wasn't needed. I read through all those posts (ok most of them) and all you tried to do is help where you thought there might have been a need. You may have jumped the gun and not gone to the internals folks first but otherwise nothing in any of your posts came off as inappropriate and genuinely trying to be helpful. But if helps ease your mind about a situation that got a little heated then I hope this does it for you. You have shown true character with this move, I hope I can be big enough to do the same the next time I make a mistake.
  2.    #42  
    thank you all for your kind words.

robert
    kudo's, good post.
  4. pfd
    I followed the whole post yesterday. Most of us understood what you were trying to do, but like you and others have said, it came across another way. It takes big WebOS… I mean huevos (sorry couldn’t resists) to man up the way you did here

Hope to read more of your posts here in the forums. The better posts seem to bring the strongest reactions!

Best of luck in your “other” situation
    Awesome and honorable post, thank you.
    Robert thanks for being so up front and the many posting here shows that your apology is accepted.

What can we learn from this?

Clearly one has to think before writing things. If we go outside the lines of simply asking question or answers questions we need to think that this forum and those postings placed here should be fact and not in any shape or form point to something that could be seen as a personally attack. Provoking action / re-action is fine as long as we keep the clean.

We also need to remember to not let the pressure that is in everyone’s life impact what we write. This is a hard one to deal with since stress masks out what we are really doing. We all need to remember to take time to smell the coffee / roses and play with the Pre to relax. Tell your friends and family that you love them. We may not think about the member here at the forum as friends but they are. They help us when we need help. They listen to us when we have any idea or are concerned about something. They sure love the same thing we love so yes they are our friends.

Let’s pool our effort and make not only the Pre and the WebOS the best in the world, but let’s help the developers out there in supplying new, great and better products that we can enjoy.

Thanks for letting me say the above and more important thanks to all of you that have questions and answers, I personally have learned a lot and this writing has been good therapy this morning like my Kona coffee.
    Bjarne Winkler
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ==> Pre: There's a patch for that!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Haven't seen the threads where you've been causing "trouble" but to issue an apology is mucho respected.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Thanks mate, we're all good.

Now, everyone please go and update to Preware 0.9.27 and Package Manager Service 0.9.36 as soon as you can

-- Rod
    How do we know what version we have and how do we update ( see I have preware.26 but idk what package manager service is)?

Sorry, newbie here.

EDIT: I think I found it.
    Last edited by Malyshka; 02/23/2010 at 10:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    How do we know what version we have and how do we update?

Sorry, newbie here.
    When you open Preware, the version number is displayed at the top. Or you can look at the application info by holding down the orange key and tapping on the icon... just be sure NOT to click delete if you do it that way. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  10.    #50  
    only in relation to me could an apology thread become a Preware thread......heh heh...
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    only in relation to me could an apology thread become a Preware thread......heh heh...
    Quick!
    Grab the steering wheel, lol.
  12.    #52  
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Very well put. If I ever make a mistake, I can only hope to be as mature and sincere about it! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Very well put. If I ever make a mistake, I can only hope to be as mature and sincere about it! Thanks!
    Herb, in your thousands of posts, you haven't made a mistake yet? Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    It takes a strong man to make a tender chicken....

Short Circuit 2

Thanks, Powerbyte.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Though your "Sky is falling" post caused me some concern yesterday for a short time, your gracious apology definately makes it better. Just like any family, there will be disagreements
    and strife from time to time. It's just part of being human, and your very human apology make it all right with me. Well done.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I thought I had made a mistake once, but it turned out I was mistaken about it...
    I thought I had made a mistake once, but it turned out I was mistaken about it...
    Good answer.
    Good answer.
    He's the most humble person we know.
    At least, that's what he told me.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    He's the most humble person we know.
    At least, that's what he told me.
    Another good answer.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast