Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 111
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Three sentences will get you through most things:

    1) "Yes, dear"
    2) "I'm sorry, dear"
    3) "Why didn't I think of that, dear?"
    4) "Yes, Dear;anything you say, Dear."

    "How to you write women so well?"

    "I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability."

  2. Habious's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    #82  
    My wife thinks we should talk...all the time.

    When we're in the car, she talks...about nothing; the car that just drove past ("Julie has a car like that, only it's blue"), what's outside the window ("I think there used to be a chinese restaurant there"), the song on the radio ("You know, I never really liked this song")...etc, etc, etc.

    At home, when I tell her that I just need a few minutes of "silent time"...she'll putter around the house, and start talking to herself ("I guess I'll get some stuff done in the kitchen"...."Hmm, that's interesting"...."I wonder where that came from?")...or the cat ("And how was your day, kitty?"..."Are you hungry"..."Did you spend all day sleeping?")!

    I know that "Shut up" or "STFU" is a rude thing to say, especially to your wife. But, I'm at a loss as to what phrase I can utter to her to get her to just STOP TALKING...ENTIRELY.


    I've told her over and over, I don't need to talk 24/7. Also, just because I'm not talking doesn't mean that...

    A) I'm mad at her. I really just have nothing to say!!

    - or -

    B) Since I'm not talking, I'd like her to do enough talking for both of us.



    True story...

    I told a (single, never-married) friend of mine about how my wife thinks I'm mad at her if I'm not talking...and talking...and talking.

    So, he and I get together one weekend. I've got a convertible so, we've got the top down on a gorgeous afternoon, got the stereo turned up, and we're just enjoying the day, in silence.

    After about 15 minutes of this pure pleasure, he turns to me and says (in mock seriousness) "Are you mad at me?"

    I almost wrecked the car I was laughing so hard!
  3. #83  
    hahahahahha


    With my wife, it is that each point in a given story turns into ANOTHER story:

    "I went to the grocery store today....You'll never guess who i saw. Susan was there. She was wearing that gray dress i liked when we saw her at the Party at John's house....John sure was odd that night, right?......It was like that time we all went to the movie together.....we saw Avatar....Avatar was pretty good, but only because of the 3D.....why is every movie in 3D now?........Do we want to get a 3D TV...........we need a new TV in the Living Room...........I want to repaint the Living Room but i don't know what color...............




    ARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!
  4.    #84  
    ^That's some funny stuff right there.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    My wife thinks we should talk...all the time.

    When we're in the car, she talks...about nothing; the car that just drove past ("Julie has a car like that, only it's blue"), what's outside the window ("I think there used to be a chinese restaurant there"), the song on the radio ("You know, I never really liked this song")...etc, etc, etc.

    At home, when I tell her that I just need a few minutes of "silent time"...she'll putter around the house, and start talking to herself ("I guess I'll get some stuff done in the kitchen"...."Hmm, that's interesting"...."I wonder where that came from?")...or the cat ("And how was your day, kitty?"..."Are you hungry"..."Did you spend all day sleeping?")!

    I know that "Shut up" or "STFU" is a rude thing to say, especially to your wife. But, I'm at a loss as to what phrase I can utter to her to get her to just STOP TALKING...ENTIRELY.


    I've told her over and over, I don't need to talk 24/7. Also, just because I'm not talking doesn't mean that...

    A) I'm mad at her. I really just have nothing to say!!

    - or -

    B) Since I'm not talking, I'd like her to do enough talking for both of us.



    True story...

    I told a (single, never-married) friend of mine about how my wife thinks I'm mad at her if I'm not talking...and talking...and talking.

    So, he and I get together one weekend. I've got a convertible so, we've got the top down on a gorgeous afternoon, got the stereo turned up, and we're just enjoying the day, in silence.

    After about 15 minutes of this pure pleasure, he turns to me and says (in mock seriousness) "Are you mad at me?"

    I almost wrecked the car I was laughing so hard!
    ^Funny too.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Ok.
    How come us guys are always "damned if we do and damned if we don't"?
    It really can be ANY situation.

    Its our destiny dbd, learn 3 words "honey youre right" and you will be fine!
  7. #87  
    True story...

    I told a (single, never-married) friend of mine about how my wife thinks I'm mad at her if I'm not talking...and talking...and talking.

    So, he and I get together one weekend. I've got a convertible so, we've got the top down on a gorgeous afternoon, got the stereo turned up, and we're just enjoying the day, in silence.

    After about 15 minutes of this pure pleasure, he turns to me and says (in mock seriousness) "Are you mad at me?"

    I almost wrecked the car I was laughing so hard!
    It took me 20 years to learn one valuable lesson in getting along with my wife. She thought I was mad or attacking her when I didn't talk to her (I just get tired from talking and I have a hard time finding words when I'm emotional). I thought she was mad or attacking me when when she talked about problems over and over again. When I finally understood that was how she deals with problems and concerns, by talking them through, it was much easier for me to get along with her. It felt like I was being attacked because she always wanted to talk about problems, often related to me, but she wasn't attacking me in her heart or mind. She was just trying to connect with me and talk things out.

    For years I couldn't understand how she could be so mean and vindictive. Then I realized that she wasn't. When I don't feel accused or hated it's much easier for me talk things through with her and to be loving toward her. When she comes to me to talk through problems it's an act of love. That's easier to deal with.

    Somehow that translated into her not worrying as much that I'm mad at her when I don't talk for a while. I've never "punished" her by not talking to her but that's how it felt to her.

    Our relationship really took off once we figured that out.
  8. #88  
    The real issue is women think our thoughts are a complete mystery. Jeff Foxworthy said it best when telling women what men think, "I want a beer and I want to see something naked". That's about the extent of it unless you pose a problem that needs solving, then our brains wake from our beer and babes dreaming and spring into action.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    You gotta know your wifes love language. Some women are similar to men and some aren't. You can say they are all feelers, but thats not entirely true. I spent most of my teenage years buying magazines telling me that women are sensual and in bed women aren't into quickies and they don't like it hard and rough, then I marry what I felt was the only woman that loves 5 minute sessions.

    A love language is what makes you and your wife feel loved.

    There are 5.

    1. Receiving gifts: Is the person feels loved when you get things for them, like a gift.

    2.Acts of Services: Person feels more loved if you do things for them, like clean their car out or take care of something for them.

    3. Physical touch: such as hugging, kissing, or **** smacking .

    4.Words of Affirmation. Person feels loved just by you telling them that you love them.

    5. Spending quality time. You can figure that one out.

    Most people score high in 2 of the 4. Here's a link of one of the tests by Dr. Gary Chapman Love Languages Test

    This has helped me and my wife a lot. When things start to go off we think back to our love languages and see if we are fulfilling them. Sometimes it just takes 15 minutes a day after work of alone time. I found when our kids see us do this, they start to behave better because they feel more secure with mommy and daddy's relationship. There's a lot more to it, but these are just the basics that will make a difference.
    This was brought up in the original discussion of this thread and this book is what changed my marriage. Once I figured out she was a #2: Acts of Service girl, I can predict when she will get upset and I can act ahead of time to avoid the conflict.

    For instance, when she is cleaning the house and I am watching TV, I know that makes her upset. So now, if she's doing something around the house, I go do something around the house, or outside, or take her car for an oil change, whatever. As long as she is "working," I do the same thing. Most of the time she doesn't even recognize my ulterior motive for doing whatever it is I am doing is just to avoid conflict that boils up in her mind when she "feels" I am not doing things for her.

    You may think this is too much to do, or it shouldn't be that way, but invariably, if I am "speaking" her love language, then later, she reciprocates with my love language #3... !

    We both get what we want and at the end of the night, we're both happy...check it out...
  10. #90  
    Great topic dbd!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Great topic dbd!
    Thank you.
  12. #92  
    Men are thinkers and fixers, however they do not want someone else to fix their problems. They prefer to internalize to find a solution.

    Most of all, they want trust and acceptance.

    When a man wants a woman, he wants someone that he can also play and have fun with.

    Women are mostly the opposite. They are touchy and feely and want men to be the same. They also have a bad habit of taking life far too seriously.


    Okay.....really, I got nothing. I just think that most of my gender is absolutely insane!!!


    I almost never get along with other women,, because when they get dramatic and emotional, I can't stand it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  13. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #93  
    No no no no no! You started the whole thread out under a false premise!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I got nothing. I just think that most of my gender is absolutely insane!!!
    So true!
    I almost never get along with other women,, because when they get dramatic and emotional, I can't stand it.
    I think I'm in love. Lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  15. #95  
    @rlangley

    have you read the follow up book called 'five languages of apology'?

    it's even more important. It rocked my world.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    So true!

    I think I'm in love. Lol
    ROFL!

    Women are just nuts!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    @rlangley

    have you read the follow up book called 'five languages of apology'?

    it's even more important. It rocked my world.
    No, but I'll check it out...anything to keep things happy, right?
  18. #98  
    I always get this line over the phone " Seems like you dont wanna talk. Bye"
    I run out of things to talk...i have to make up stuff =D
    So no after 10yr i havent been able to understand mine.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    ROFL!

    Women are just nuts!
    That's right, and you're one of the rare ones that get it.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    That's right, and you're one of the rare ones that get it.
    Thank you!

    My ex actually couldn't handle me not being like a typical woman, it drove him bonkers. LOL
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions