Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    though it was made in DC, and I know it was a respected show -- I never saw even one full episode of the West Wing

It may have been a European movie where I heard it -- near the end, though not the end...

The movie most associated with Cohen's music is Robert Altman's extraordinary "McCabe and Mrs. Miller"
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I used to hang out w/ Tracy, back in the day, late 70's, early 80's), in Boston, playing subway stations, street corners and little clubs.

Then one day she got a recording contract and was gone. None of us were the least bit surprised. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    though it was made in DC, and I know it was a respected show -- I never saw even one full episode of the West Wing
    I'm astonished. See if you can track down the pilot, during which the president throws a bunch of Christian rightwing hypocrites out of the White House. It's a great introduction.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I'm astonished. See if you can track down the pilot, during which the president throws a bunch of Christian rightwing hypocrites out of the White House. It's a great introduction.
    it seemed boring and unbelievable to me. And the characters in the parts I saw, were not like the people I've met or known who had jobs like that.

DC is Hollywood for uglies.

But I never gave it much of my time -- maybe it could have grown on me.

there are only 2 network shows I watch -- Lost and Survivor. I also really like HBO's Entourage & Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Last edited by BARYE; 02/20/2010 at 01:35 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    If you'd like to be completely and utterly blown away by a song, download Jeff Buckley's version of "Hallelujah".

Sit in a quiet, dark room and either put it on your best stereo or get out your best headphones...and just listen to his version. Do nothing else for those 7 minutes...just listen.

Powerful song...powerful rendition.

Then, when you're done listening, pull up Jeff Buckley's page on Wikipedia and read about his life (short read). Then come back and tell me your thoughts on it all.
    That whole album is incredible.
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    I used to hang out w/ Tracy, back in the day, late 70's, early 80's), in Boston, playing subway stations, street corners and little clubs.

Then one day she got a recording contract and was gone. None of us were the least bit surprised. ;-)
    Awesome! It must've been so cool to hear her on the radio having known her before the fame.

and BTW, sometimes things just sneak under the radar. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I hadn't the slightest idea of the awesomeness of Led Zeppelin until after High School, and I'm almost 30.
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12