Page 1 of 32 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seriously. Could this person continue to show her lack of knowledge and lack of professionalism any more blatantly? It's kinda sad.

Watch the video here.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    It means neither.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    hmmm...not sure that says anything. Disagree with her politics, fine. I tend to edge conservative in politics, but would think no less of anyone I disagree with philosophically if they had to jot a note on their hand.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    She obviously thinks less of her self or she would have just used an index card. Plus this isn't about her politics, it's about her ability to be some sort of leader of anything. Why do people have such low expectations of someone who very well could have been vice president of the united states.
    What I can't figure out is why liberals are so fascinated with knocking her down at every opportunity. If she is such a "bimbo" (among other words used to describe her), why do liberals seem anxious to continually knock her? What are liberals afraid of? Oh...wait...Americans did show a lack of judgement in voting for Obama, so, I guess the concern is Americans might actually vote for her as well, huh? Other than that, it really is quite mystifying.

To me the real mystery is how liberals were so concerned with her being the VP, and just a step away from the Prez, when the man they supported had even less experience. Now we have a guy in the White House who really only impresses when he reads from a teleprompter. Jon Stewart even made fun of his need to use the teleprompter in a 6th grade class room. Come on, Jon Stewart is even making fun of him now? Jon Stewart? One of Obama's biggest fans?

Video: Obama Speaks to a Sixth-Grade Classroom | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Anyway, I admit Palin would not likely be one of my top 5 candidates for the top position (admitedly, I have no top 5 at this point, I mean, not a lot to chose from yet), but, if Obama is the democrat running, and things continue the way they have in his first year, well, she could probably take him....even with notes on her palm.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    She obviously thinks less of her self or she would have just used an index card. Plus this isn't about her politics, it's about her ability to be some sort of leader of anything. Why do people have such low expectations of someone who very well could have been vice president of the united states.
    I have a solid self esteem that remains unaltered after jotting a note on my hand.

Again...nothing to do with her ability or lack of to lead.

People have variable expectations for people they do or don't like.

If you think she was a quitter as a governor and not qualified to lead...fine.

What the hell does writing a note have to do with anything?
  7.    #7  
    If you watch the video she pauses and reads her palm in a manner which appears she is trying not to look like she is reading a cheat sheet. She looks like a kid in school cheating.

Completely silly. As some have already noted, just write some notes on a card and don't try to hide it.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Jon Stewart even made fun of his need to use the teleprompter in a 6th grade class room. Come on, Jon Stewart is even making fun of him now? Jon Stewart? One of Obama's biggest fans?
    Fan or not Jon Stewart is a comedian, they make jokes. Kinda what they do. I'd really not put much weight behind that. Anyway I'm gonna try and stay a-political because I've seen these kinda conversations turn friends and family members against each other but I will say that there are much more professional options than writing on your hand. She should have used a little bit better judgment and gone with an index card or maybe a jot in the corner of a notepad... Pretty much anything else really. Just to be clear yes, if it were Obama who had written on his hand and been photographed (I suspect that's the real key)trust that I would say the exact same thing.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I'd just like to know why your fear her so much, daThomas. Obviously it's important enough for you to devote a thread to it. Do you truly see her as a threat? If so, why?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Can't knock someone for having a back up plan. If only the current selection did.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I'd just like to know why your fear her so much, daThomas. Obviously it's important enough for you to devote a thread to it. Do you truly see her as a threat? If so, why?
    I fear anyone as inept as that somehow becoming the president of the US. Even vice president.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    you know what? she's probably been doing this for years to insure she covers certain points. to me it shows she's thinking ahead and making certain she gets her message out. come on, index cards? I guess only elites use those.....
    you know what? she's probably been doing this for years to insure she covers certain points. to me it shows she's thinking ahead and making certain she gets her message out. come on, index cards? I guess only elites use those.....
    Yes, index cards are elitist. I often wave them over the heads of poor children while driving around in my luxury automobile and chatting on my iphone.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Yes, index cards are elitist. I often wave them over the heads of poor children while driving around in my luxury automobile and chatting on my iphone.
    I don't care who you are, now THAT was funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I fear anyone as inept as that somehow becoming the president of the US. Even vice president.
    After all, Americans voted for Obama who had no business being in the position to run for President, and yet we had enough naive people to vote for him. I certainly see where you are coming from daThomas.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    I would love to see her represent the republican party. Can you imagine the Katie Couric interviews we'd see over and over again? Or her retirement speech, which made no sense at all? She isn't a bimbo. Bimbos aren't dangerous. But she isn't either, although she is a quitter. This country will never elect someone who represents the teabaggers. We are not that backward yet. She will cement another democratic incumbency; moderates will vote democratic in droves. Please please let her run.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I'm still trying to get the "inept" part... how was that inept?

I gotta go to the gym... talk amongst yourselves
    I don't care who you are, now THAT was funny!
    I try, I really do.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I'd rather have someone as VP who hides her crib notes as opposed to hiding one's own child as John Edwards did:
    but he looked sharp and smart, didn't he?

ok.... really leaving now :P
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Fan or not Jon Stewart is a comedian, they make jokes. Kinda what they do. I'd really not put much weight behind that. Anyway I'm gonna try and stay a-political because I've seen these kinda conversations turn friends and family members against each other but I will say that there are much more professional options than writing on your hand. She should have used a little bit better judgment and gone with an index card or maybe a jot in the corner of a notepad... Pretty much anything else really. Just to be clear yes, if it were Obama who had written on his hand and been photographed (I suspect that's the real key)trust that I would say the exact same thing.
    Jon Stewart is a comedian? Really? Dang....I thought he was a serious journalist. My bad.

Page 1 of 32 12345611 ... LastLast