Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I'm sorry that you may confuse my reference to that particular event as hero-worship. Many on both sides found it to be a refreshingly honest partisan exchange.

I offered as an example of President Obama speaking well and in an informed manner for an hour without a teleprompter. Not sure that's hero worship but a fair defense against the Limbaugh talking point of teleprompters.
    You must know more about Limbaugh's talking points than I do, obviously. Do you get them through email?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    You didn't say it was good honest sparing. What you said is this: The Republicans were intent on using the event to smack President Obama around with loaded questions in their continued partisan "competition".

Saying it was "handing them their butts" strikes me as childish and cheerleading. As I see it--you choose to characterize this as a competition (which oddly you accuse Republicans of). I can't explain your choice.

KAM
    Perhaps I assume others follow these events as much as I do. Every political analyst was predicting that President Obama was walking into the lions den and they could not understand why the White House would request it be televised. The Republicans mulled it over and decided to agree to televise planning on hammering the theme that Republicans offered solutions.

What ensued was the President walking into their event, owning it, and leaving the Republicans half glowing in the warmth of their new found friend and the other half asking themselves how they let that happen.

To the original point, it's a fine example of no teleprompter 1 hour speaking.
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    What am I saying.... Don't you worry one bit about the upcoming elections one iota, daThomas.... he's doing fine.
    I worry about our Country.
    Didn't know this was a game. I guess his photo-op showing trumps the fact that he hasn't delivered on his promises.... oh wait, I just saw another 'consensus' that shows he sucks.....
    Rasmussen is not biased at all

Skewz.com - Media Bias - rasmussenreports.com
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    So you're saying Rassmussen is a shill for the Republicans?? Have you reviewed his methodology, or just going on gut instinct?
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

- H.L. Mencken
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Excuse me?
    but I really don't think clem has to answer that.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Is he black? Why, after his State of the Union speech, I had forgotten he was black. Actually, I don't think the liberal agenda has anything to do with the color of his skin....is there a common color for liberals? Never thought about it. There is a very liberal attorney in my Rotary Club, but he's white...dang...that would make him clearly a different color from Obama. Oh no....I apparantly have racist views towards white people!

I mean, clearly, you'd be wrong. You might see it as making America a better place, but I feel his liberal agenda makes America a much weaker country. You have your view, and I have mine. I hope I don't have to be proven that I am right....I am counting on Americans realizing their error and not electing Obama for a 2nd term. Fingers crossed!
    I know this thread, in a few short hours, has gone right off of this rail but, I wanted to come back and clarify my point...

I WAS JOKING! (apologies for not using the <sarcasm> tag in my post)

I'm actually in complete agreement with clem...and was making a joke on some people's perception of this man.

People on the news today are STILL referring to the Tea Party movement as "bigots and racists"...because they really believe that this simply MUST be the answer. There's just no way they can comprehend that someone would be AGAINST the great Obamessiah. They MUST be against him because he's black...yeah, that's got to be it.

This attitude has been going on since the election. During the presidential campaign, I actually heard more than one person questioning a McCain supporter with "Oh, you don't think a black man can be president?"

Colin Powell wasn't running!! There's a PROVEN leader if I ever saw one!
  7. KAM1138
    What ensued was the President walking into their event, owning it, and leaving the Republicans half glowing in the warmth of their new found friend and the other half asking themselves how they let that happen.
    This is merely your biased characterization. You are welcome to it, but you'll have to excuse me if I don't find it particularly relevant or insightful. You're just cheering the guy you like. If I were saying "Republicans PWNED Obama" or some such nonsense then you could criticize me, but I didn't say anything like that.

To the original point, it's a fine example of no teleprompter 1 hour speaking.
    It's an example of not using a teleprompter--the rest is just your congratulations. I think he did fine, but I'd hardly call it a "victory" and I hardly think he "owned" anyone any more than they "owned" him.

I think that you and people like you have treated this exchange (as you appear to be here (based on your posts)) in a childish fashion, and I've explained why. I think this is a demonstration of why our politics remains at the level that President Obama was decrying (while being a participant).

Now, shall I simply declare that I "Owned" the Forums today, and talk about how awesome my intellect is, because I didn't use a teleprompter once, or should I get some shill to do it for me?

KAM
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Just out of curiousity, when does the "bipartisanism" start and the "Our guy OWNED your guy!" crap stop?
  9. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Just out of curiousity, when does the "bipartisanism" start and the "Our guy OWNED your guy!" crap stop?
    Yes indeed. When? I guess its a pretty sad statement that this exchange (a year after the President came into office) is seen as such a refreshing thing. It is just an indication of exactly how not bipartisan the first year of the Obama Administration has been--and there's plenty of blame to go around.

KAM
  10. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Rasmussen is not biased at all

So, help me out here--it appears that the ratings on that site are decided by its users vote. Is that correct?

If so, some random internet folks vote is the measure of bias you want to cite?

KAM
  11.    #131  
    I think that you and people like you have treated this exchange (as you appear to be here (based on your posts)) in a childish fashion, and I've explained why. I think this is a demonstration of why our politics remains at the level that President Obama was decrying (while being a participant).
    Actually, if you watch the event in question, I think one would have to admit that the President made very clear statements that the Republican's ideas on the issues discussed there would absolutely be considered by the President if they were effective for the American people, such as tort reform etc.
  12.    #132  
    To be clear, President Obama was allowed to own the event. Not his intent, it's the way it was shot. Obama was front and center (never made any gaffs) and the Republicans were off screen voices.

Now if you want to talk about Bipartisanship, that deserves a new thread and you can start by pointing to all the Republican congress people that voted against bills they sponsored THEMSELVES as soon as the White House signed onto them.
    How can their even be a comparison. The President must look flawless in public, hence the teleprompter for long speeches. No issue. But you got to be dumb to write on your hand. And she even crossed a word out. She couldn't wipe that off? Smh. Lol. Yall say it. And yall Palin die-hards.......come on....... Yall need to find another ***** to follow.
    ...People on the news today are STILL referring to the Tea Party movement as "bigots and racists"...because they really believe that this simply MUST be the answer. There's just no way they can comprehend that someone would be AGAINST the great Obamessiah. They MUST be against him because he's black...yeah, that's got to be it.
    So name calling against the Tea party is wrong, but calling our president the "Obamessiah" is perfectly acceptable. No hypocrisy there.

BTW The tea par tiers have been called "racists and bigots" because many of them have been caring racist and bigoted signs...

Colin Powell wasn't running!! There's a PROVEN leader if I ever saw one!
    Even with his recent flip-flop on don't ask don't tell?

- H.L. Mencken
    So, help me out here--it appears that the ratings on that site are decided by its users vote. Is that correct?

If so, some random internet folks vote is the measure of bias you want to cite?

KAM
    Don't those "random internet folks" also vote in our elections and attend tea party conventions? What is you beef with this?

- H.L. Mencken
    Quote Originally Posted by emaddox84 View Post
    The things written on her palm were like energy, budget, tax cuts, and "lift American spirits." Are you kidding me? She needed to look at her palm for this? These are talking points she's been spouting for a year now. The fact that she couldn't remember these items is laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by big****t View Post
    But you got to be dumb to write on your hand. And she even crossed a word out. She couldn't wipe that off?
    For some reason, nobody seems to have a counter for you guys.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Now we have a guy in the White House who really only impresses when he reads from a teleprompter.
    dude,all you harp on is the teleprompter. It's pathetic man.

1. She very well may of had her daughters child, more evidence supports that, then there is evidence of god.

2. She quit her position as governor. She quit.

3. Seems her husband helped with alot of decision making, while she was governor.

4. She is unable to answer the simplest of questions, ie., what do you read, who is your favorite founding father, what is africa

5. She bans books still

6. She will not answer questions that arent prescreened. You know, like Obama did vs the GOP.

7. She outright lied and mislead the genius right side, during healthcare talks.

Plus she's a religous nutjob. And I find absolutely no difference between a fundamentalist christian and a fundamentalist muslim. Both are evil creepy people.

"My Bible is the State Consititution" Sarah Palin, yeah real winner there.
    The republicans kicked that dog out the door awhile back.
    I feel the democrats worked with the right for a very long time, since clinton. And as soon as power shifted, hte right has kinda freaked out about it, and they have not done one thing themselves to be bipartisan. So how can you cry about it?? They lied, misled, scared and have been very childish throughout obama's year of presidency. What happened to support a war time president? Seemed very big while bushy was in. They have done nothiong but try to destroy anything the left has attempted to do. Even fought credit card reform. Therefore they dont deserve bi-partisanship any longer. And you have no right to cry about it yourself. They had a chance during their Q&A, instead they chose to make it a smear campaign, and clearly lost. So why dont you email boehner and ask him about bi-partisanship.
    It's an example of not using a teleprompter--the rest is just your congratulations. I think he did fine, but I'd hardly call it a "victory" and I hardly think he "owned" anyone any more than they "owned" him.

KAM
    He clearly won every exchange, simply by being impressively informed about everything, and with facts and numbers that completely decimated anything they attempted to throw at him. Which, even if you dont like him, it was pretty impressive. I dont believe theres many people at all that could've done the same, especially as collected as he did it.
    Also, you seem intelligent, so I find it hard that you didn't see this also, and instead choose to deny it. Unless of course, like Palin, you have someone else write your speeches also.
    Ah, then perhaps we should hold our discussion until you do:

Well.....I did listen to the majority of the video....thanks for the link This will not surprise you, but I simply don't agree with you that he kicked the Republicans ****.

First, let's address your saying how well he did without a teleprompter (sorry redninja, bringing it up again). At your job (I think you have a job, correct?), when you repeat something enough, you learn the subject and eventually you know the subject matter or product pretty well, correct? Well, what I heard was Obama's same rhetoric that he does in his speeches. The questions were asked, and if he did answer the questions, he basically just said what he has been saying in his speeches the last several months.

Second, I've said this before, and I'll say it again, many of his answers were just either lies, he just worked his way around the question, or, he blamed the previous administration and said "you can't blame me for that". An example of a lie is when he said he is one of the strongest advocates of nuclear energy. Well shoot, if he is, I would love to hear more about that. He says stuff like that, makes for great sound bites, and then he never follows through on it. It is just one example of how this guy operates. He talks one way.....and then doesn't back it up.

So thanks again for the link, but I did not hear the **** whoopin' you discussed. I will agree, he did NOT use a teleprompter and did not put his foot in his mouth. However, as I said, he just repeated what he said from his teleprompter talks. I will give him a thumbs up for at least admitting that it was his fault for not putting the health care debate on C-Span....although....he claims it was for the most part (well, except the behind the door deals, geez).
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast