Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    I actually didn't see a whole lot of it...
    KAM
    Ah, then perhaps we should hold our discussion until you do:

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Let me clarify what I mean by handing them their butts. The Republicans were intent on using the event to smack President Obama around with loaded questions in their continued partisan "competition".

President Obama called them on, cut through their BS and pointed towards rational, logical solutions that both parties could agree on. And again, without a teleprompter.
    Amazing you got that out of it. I saw him sidestep and ducking direct questions. Man, perspective is a fickle thing.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  3. KAM1138
    Ah, then perhaps we should hold our discussion until you do:

Why? Will it change the fact that you are applying biased opinions to what occurred or make you stop portraying it as some sort of school-yard contest where "butts are handed" to others?

Will it make me alter my opinion (shared by both Obama and the Republicans) that it was a constructive exchange and a decent step forward?

KAM
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Amazing you got that out of it. I saw him sidestep and ducking direct questions. Man, perspective is a fickle thing.
    I believe the general consensus was President Obama owned that Q&A.

oh and this is priceless! ---->

White House Mocks Sarah Palin From Podium

Zinger! Well, if you're going to throw rocks be prepared for return fire.
  5.    #105  
    Why? Will it change the fact that you are applying biased opinions to what occurred or make you stop portraying it as some sort of school-yard contest where "butts are handed" to others?

Will it make me alter my opinion (shared by both Obama and the Republicans) that it was a constructive exchange and a decent step forward?

KAM
    An example of President Obama thinking on his feet and responding to questions he had no idea of beforehand was offered as a comparison to another public speaker sneakily reading notes from her palm in a softball Q&A.

After poo-pooing Obama's performance at said example you then state you had not seen it. So in response to your quoted questions above I can only respond by offering you a source so you can watch it then we'll have the answers to those questions.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Didn't know this was a game. I guess his photo-op showing trumps the fact that he hasn't delivered on his promises.... oh wait, I just saw another 'consensus' that shows he sucks.....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    An example of President Obama thinking on his feet and responding to questions he had no idea......
    Had no idea is right... here's another example of his .
  8. KAM1138
    An example of President Obama thinking on his feet and responding to questions he had no idea of beforehand was offered as a comparison to another public speaker sneakily reading notes from her palm in a softball Q&A.

After poo-pooing Obama's performance at said example you then state you had not seen it. So in response to your quoted questions above I can only respond by offering you a source so you can watch it then we'll have the answers to those questions.
    Let me correct you (without a teleprompter). First, I didn't say I hadn't seen it--I said I hadn't seen a whole lot of it. Second, I didn't pooh-pooh Obama's performance. I believe I "poo-pooed" your characterization, which struck me as being little more than cheerleading your guy.

Let me be clear--I didn't criticize Obama on this--I criticized what I see as your childish characterization of the event (no personal slight intended).

KAM
  9.    #109  
    Didn't know this was a game. I guess his photo-op showing trumps the fact that he hasn't delivered on his promises.... oh wait, I just saw another 'consensus' that shows he sucks.....
    Exactly why I have to use the term "general consensus". There's always right wing survey and media sources which would never concede to complimenting a Democrat.
  10.    #110  
    Had no idea is right... here's another example of his .
    Nice. Come on. You're usually a bit less rabid than to use something like that.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Exactly why I have to use the term "general consensus". There's always right wing survey and media sources which would never concede to complimenting a Democrat.
    So you're saying Rassmussen is a shill for the Republicans?? Have you reviewed his methodology, or just going on gut instinct?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Nice. Come on. You're usually a bit less rabid than to use something like that.
    Huh? Wasn't that Obama? His words speak for themselves.

I don't endorse any other comments around that particular posting. They may be rabid, I'm not.
  13.    #113  
    Let me be clear--I didn't criticize Obama on this--I criticized what I see as your childish characterization of the event (no personal slight intended).

KAM
    Not sure how recognizing good honest political sparring without a lot staging live on tv is childish?

Many were so impressed by that event they were calling for a yearly repeat of it. But most concede if it became part of the political schedule, the staging would begin and it would lose the refreshing authenticity the Republican Retreat Q&A had.

So perhaps you can tell me how that's childish?
  14.    #114  
    Huh? Wasn't that Obama? His words speak for themselves.

I don't endorse any other comments around that particular posting. They may be rabid, I'm not.
    Not only was it from the height of non-stop campaigning it was spliced. Hardly compares to the hour long Q&A.
  15. KAM1138

Zinger! Well, if you're going to throw rocks be prepared for return fire.
    That's about the level of "professionalism" that I'd expect from someone like Gibbs. A PROFESSIONAL who witnessed someone doing something unprofessional (as the accusation is here) would probably act like an adult instead of mockery. But that's the guy the President chooses to speak for him.

KAM
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Not only was it from the height of non-stop campaigning it was spliced. Hardly compares to the hour long Q&A.
    Again, he was dodgey and spinning like a wildman in your blessed Q&A. I can't help the fact that his worshippers are blind to it.
  17.    #117  
    So you're saying Rassmussen is a shill for the Republicans?? Have you reviewed his methodology, or just going on gut instinct?
    Rasmussen has received criticism over the wording in its polls.[14] Examples of Rasmussen's questions with wording issues include:

* Agree or Disagree: "Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the Republican Party. He says jump, and they say how high."[15]
    * Do you favor or oppose the economic recovery package proposed by Barack Obama and the Congressional Democrats?[16]
    * Suppose that Democrats agreed on a health care reform bill that is opposed by all Republicans in Congress. Should the Democrats pass that bill or should they change the bill to win support from a reasonable number of Republicans?[17]
    * Do you agree or disagree with the following statement... itís always better to cut taxes than to increase government spending because taxpayers, not bureaucrats, are the best judges of how to spend their money?[18]

Some of Rasmussen polls have contained two different weights for questions, depending on the party of the statesman in the question.[19] In one example, the first question asks for a job rating for Tim Pawlenty, a Republican governor, using an approve/disapprove scale. The next question asks for the way that Al Franken, a Democratic senator, is performing his role, but uses a Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor scale. Nick Panagakis of Pollster.com has pointed out that, when using the latter scale, "approval is often reported by combining the top two and bottom two scores", including the "fair" score as a "disapproval" vote.[20]
    Scott Rasmussen was a paid consultant for the 2004 George W. Bush campaign.
  18. KAM1138
    Not sure how recognizing good honest political sparring without a lot staging live on tv is childish?
    You didn't say it was good honest sparing. What you said is this: The Republicans were intent on using the event to smack President Obama around with loaded questions in their continued partisan "competition".

Saying it was "handing them their butts" strikes me as childish and cheerleading. As I see it--you choose to characterize this as a competition (which oddly you accuse Republicans of). I can't explain your choice.

Many were so impressed by that event they were calling for a yearly repeat of it. But most concede if it became part of the political schedule, the staging would begin and it would lose the refreshing authenticity the Republican Retreat Q&A had.
    Again--I believe it was you who chose to characterize it as one side's view as "BS."

So perhaps you can tell me how that's childish?
    I just did.

KAM
  19.    #119  
    Again, he was dodgey and spinning like a wildman in your blessed Q&A. I can't help the fact that his worshippers are blind to it.
    I'm sorry that you may confuse my reference to that particular event as hero-worship. Many on both sides found it to be a refreshingly honest partisan exchange.

I offered as an example of President Obama speaking well and in an informed manner for an hour without a teleprompter. Not sure that's hero worship but a fair defense against the Limbaugh talking point of teleprompters.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Scott Rasmussen was a paid consultant for the 2004 George W. Bush campaign.
    So was this from Huffington Toast, or MoveOne.org? Any way you want to spin it, he hasn't delivered much of what he promised.

What am I saying.... Don't you worry one bit about the upcoming elections one iota, daThomas.... he's doing fine.