Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Your so right. I always expect snow when I think of warming. Educate us please. Even those of us who are not republicans and are making fun.
    Wow you are clueless.

WOOF....Yes it seems his knowledge of the Constitution is helping him and his cronies run roughshod over it.
    I'm the second person to ask that you clarify, what it is you are talking about here.

Read it. Even used words from it.
    No you didn't. my second line from that quote was this. "but while we're here we should try to be decent to each other."
    Clearly you lie again.

Also I would like clarification on you being an atheist for 30+ years. You said exactly ""Speaking from 30+ adult years experience as an atheist I know the logic card all too well."" Anybody would read that as you were or are an atheist. I think it was simply you lying. So please save face for yourself and explain your statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Just wanted to give you another opportunity to defend your positions.
    On what? I will be glad to defend anything I've said. Of course it's always us doing the defending, which is fine, as I dont mind explaining things. So what is it your asking?
    SUDOER.....These teach the Catholic interpretation of the Scriptures and the commentary often provides quotes from the Church Fathers (which are historical, but not canonical). I like to put more credence in how people of the time understood the scriptures than what many people of today might say. (They were "closer to Jesus" and more likely to have more correct understandings.)
    Well theres a mistake. Do you know the catholic church banned the bible, tried to destroy much of the bible, Purged an unknown amount of books from the bible, went through cleaned many things out of what is now the modern bible. The bible which you read, is not the bible at all. And why is that? Why was so much of it classified as heretical, dangerous, and corruptive. What was in the real Bible? What were they afraid of men knowing or understanding? Why did Constatine stop the teaching of reincarnation, and try to remove anything related to it from the bible you read? This is why I say most christians don't even know what it is they believe, I say that simply because it's true.
    And I'm sorry, but they are far from closer to jesus, and I wouldn't trust anyone that has left something like the bible a shell of itself. You should do your own research. In Matthew, Jesus himself says to beware of the synagouges, to go to your closet. You should start with what Jesus said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    So states have authority to override your constitutional rights? You said that being forced to buy med ins was unconstitutional but being forced to buy auto ins is OK because it is from the state? That makes no sense whatsoever.
    Pretty simple actually. The states can do things the fed cannot. And considering the many states that require car insurance I highly suspect that if it were unconstitutional it would have been ruled as such by now and the practice ended.
    Why should the gov mandate you purchase anything? Your money right? Do you want the gov to tell you how you have to spend it? This is conservatism/libertarianism 101 here.
    You want the govt to mandate health insurance so your question really makes no sense.
    OK, good. You need ins to protect yourself in case you get into an accident. you can't afford auto ins, don't drive. Easy. Now, what if you get sick and can not afford med ins and you job does not offer those benefits? Do you not deserve medical attention?
    Medical attention? Anyone can get medical attention. If your employer doesnt offer insurance, buy some. Contrary to the horror stories your liberals tell, most people dont need health insurance because most people are healthy. One certainly doesnt need a dr visit for a cold and yet that is what a huge portion of people use their insurance for. I went years w/o it and only have it now because my employer offers it. And I still rarely go to the dr.

I am not anti-corporation at all. I am pro fairness!
    And that means what?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    So WOOFY, you gonna answer? Or just ask more questions?
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Wow you are clueless.
    That's a great rebuttal. And informative too. To think you had a chance to educate me and you wasted it being insulting. Well done.
    I'm the second person to ask that you clarify, what it is you are talking about here.
    And if you go back and read the rest of the posts you'll see I did clarify.

No you didn't. my second line from that quote was this. "but while we're here we should try to be decent to each other."
    Clearly you lie again.
    Panties in a bunch? I don't have anything to gain by lying. Here let me show you because it seems your ability to see what's on the screen is impaired. Let's review.
    You said
    but as i said in another thread, i personally dont care if we destroy ourselves anyway. but while we're here we should try to be decent to each other.
    and I said
    So if you don't care why push for so many policies that hurt so many people. Unless of course you think taxing people into poverty in many cases is being decent. If you don't care why do you march so tirelessly in your leftist army? (are you able to handle all these questions?)
    Whats the point if you don't care?
    See I used the words decent, don't and care. Perhaps it was the questions. I know you hate questions.

Also I would like clarification on you being an atheist for 30+ years. You said exactly ""Speaking from 30+ adult years experience as an atheist I know the logic card all too well."" Anybody would read that as you were or are an atheist. I think it was simply you lying. So please save face for yourself and explain your statement.
    My statement says I have 30+ adult years as an atheist. An no, YOU read it as I am an atheist. It doesn't say that. It says I have experience as one. It doesn't say I am one now and whether I am or not isn't relevant. I have plenty of years as one so I can speak from that point of view. No lies here. Sorry.
    You know you can be kind of a putz. Calling people liars when you have no proof. My statement didn't indicate in any way that I was currently an atheist, just that at sometime I have been one. And you call me a liar because youre reading comprehension is poor. Nice.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    So WOOFY, you gonna answer? Or just ask more questions?
    Woofy? What are you, nine?
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Medical attention? Anyone can get medical attention. If your employer doesnt offer insurance, buy some. Contrary to the horror stories your liberals tell, most people dont need health insurance because most people are healthy.
    wow, now those are wild assertions.
    My statement says I have 30+ adult years as an atheist. An no, YOU read it as I am an atheist. It doesn't say that. It says I have experience as one. It doesn't say I am one now and whether I am or not isn't relevant. I have plenty of years as one so I can speak from that point of view. No lies here. Sorry.
    I never said I was an atheist, did I?
    So what did you mean by this:
    ?
    Quote:
    Speaking from 30+ adult years experience as an atheist I know the logic card all too well.
    I said I had experience. Didn't say I was or wasn't currently anything.
    I full well know your not, and it shouldn't matter wether you are or aren't. I have experience as one, what does that mean anyway. The whole thing was silly on your part.

That's a great rebuttal. And informative too. To think you had a chance to educate me and you wasted it being insulting. Well done.
    If i honestly thought you cared, I would take the time to give my view.

but as i said in another thread, i personally dont care if we destroy ourselves anyway. but while we're here we should try to be decent to each other.
    So if you don't care why push for so many policies that hurt so many people. Unless of course you think taxing people into poverty in many cases is being decent. If you don't care why do you march so tirelessly in your leftist army? (are you able to handle all these questions?)
    Whats the point if you don't care?
    I said in that quote, while we are here we should be decent to one another. After saying that, I dont understand how you can question my tireless march. I mean I stated pretty clear what I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    and a half.
    Btw, if you were an atheist, and now you aren't, but say something in opposition to healthcare like jesus never talked about saving lives, then tell me I dont know jesus, you should probably return to being an atheist.
    and a half.
    i love you guys
    Just call me Berd.
    Pretty simple actually. The states can do things the fed cannot. And considering the many states that require car insurance I highly suspect that if it were unconstitutional it would have been ruled as such by now and the practice ended.
    Yes, states can offer different laws than the fed. Here in CA you can purchase medical marijuana. The fed sees that as a no no. In CA, you can have small amounts of pot and the local police allow it. Get caught by a federal officer and you are in trouble.

My point of this? States can not pass laws that take away rights given to you by the fed but they can relax laws of the feds. Federal law says you have free speech, a state can not pass a law that takes that right away.

You want the govt to mandate health insurance so your question really makes no sense.
    Please point out where I said that! If anything, I am for single payer, or at the very least, a two tier system with a public option.

Medical attention? Anyone can get medical attention. If your employer doesnt offer insurance, buy some. Contrary to the horror stories your liberals tell, most people dont need health insurance because most people are healthy. One certainly doesnt need a dr visit for a cold and yet that is what a huge portion of people use their insurance for. I went years w/o it and only have it now because my employer offers it. And I still rarely go to the dr.
    I hate to break it to you but everybody needs health insurance. I have plenty of friends that can tell you first hand accounts about the "horror stories liberals tell."

So because you have lucked out, everybody else will to? That is like saying "I have won the lottery so EVERYBODY can quit their jobs because they will win it as well."

And that means what?
    It mean I do not corporations to be able to take advantage of the common man. Kinda like what Anthem is wanting to do now with raising premiums 39%.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    By far not a wild assertion. My wife had terminal lung cancer and was able to get medical coverage. Not at all out of the ordinary.

wow, now those are wild assertions.
    Also if something is not specifically granted the federal government, it becomes a state issue.

The current healthcare proposal in the senate. The Constitution does not give the Congress power to force the people to purchase a product from a private company at a price set by the company, or anyone else for that matter.
    Not within their power, therefore unconstitutional.
    First, there is no Bush Doctrine. Look hard and you will not find itl

With all of your babbling, you state nothing at all that indicates Barry was better qualified. Nothing. Are you familiar with the reason she quit the position? The death panels are there. You have so much trash below that frankly it is a waste of time

Enjoy your extreme Barry disease.

Incidentally, have you ever paid attention to Joe when he talks? You are also aware that Barry has made bunches of errors when he reads his teleprompter and when off of it, he cannot talk. Pay attention to Barry when he teleprompts and when he does not. Then get back to us.

Considering our choices was hope and change, compared to joe the plumber and drill baby drill, yes he was very much the better choice. Mcain and Palin spoke about nothing during their campaign. I even remember Mccain saying the economy was fine, while it was collapsing.
    And you can't honestly believe Palin has the better mind do you? Why is she hiding in a no media or recording device, teabagger speech. She also QUIT her position as governor, she QUIT. Did I mention she QUIT her job as governor. Her husband is a seccesionist. By definition she is a terrorist. She's had witches prayed off of her. She perhaps claims her daughters child. She's a hypocrite. She couldn't name her favorite founding father, while talking about them. She couldn't name anything she liked reading, then thought she was attacked with that question. She couldn't understand why africa was a continent.

1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008 (Watch video clip)

2. "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil." –-Sarah Palin, in a message posted on Facebook about Obama's health care plan, Aug. 7, 2009

3. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

4. "Well, let's see. There's ― of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but ―" --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

5. "We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. ... We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in Greensoboro, N.C., Oct. 16, 2008

6. "[T]hey're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom." --Sarah Palin, getting the vice president's constitutional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does, interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008 (Watch video clip)

7. "They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh was using satire ... I didn't hear Rush Limbaugh calling a group of people whom he did not agree with 'f-ing *******,' and we did know that Rahm Emanuel, as has been reported, did say that. There is a big difference there." –Sarah Palin, attempting to rationalize why it's okay for Limbaugh to use the word "*******" but not Emanuel, FOX News Sunday interview, Feb. 7, 2010

8. "Who calls a shot like that? Who makes a decision like that? It's a disturbing trend." –Sarah Palin, pushing a conspiracy theory that "In God We Trust" had been moved to the edge of coins by the Obama administration (the change was made by the Bush administration in 2007 and was later reversed by Congress, before Obama took office), West Allis, Wisconsin, Nov. 6, 2009

9. "Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008 (Read more about the prank call, watch the video and see the transcript)

10. "I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." --Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009

She also thought the vice president ran the senate.

Even Glen Beck looked at her like she was an *****.

She didnt know what the bush doctrine was.

I can keep goin if you want.
    Anyway, you can't honestly say she has the better mind can you?

I would've loved to see her stand there against the democrats, like Hussein Obama did. She can't answer anything thats not prescreened and written for her. Obama does q&a's unscreened, often. So if you honestly believe that, I can't be mad at you, because medically there must be a reason for it.

Now You Tell Us.
    I full well know your not, and it shouldn't matter wether you are or aren't. I have experience as one, what does that mean anyway. The whole thing was silly on your part.
    I am sorry youre not able to understand.

If i honestly thought you cared, I would take the time to give my view.
    That's rich! Now the expression of your views in contingent on how much others care.. dude youre hilarious.

I said in that quote, while we are here we should be decent to one another. After saying that, I dont understand how you can question my tireless march. I mean I stated pretty clear what I think.
    Sorry I don't think its decent to force everyone to play your game.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Btw, if you were an atheist, and now you aren't, but say something in opposition to healthcare like jesus never talked about saving lives, then tell me I dont know jesus, you should probably return to being an atheist.
    What? Let's ask Berd shall we.

Did Jesus preach saving everyone's life? Of course cite so Ninja la Rouge doesn't accuse you of lying.. Thanks Berd.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    First, there is no Bush Doctrine. Look hard and you will not find itl

Wiki

The Bush Doctrine
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Yes, states can offer different laws than the fed. Here in CA you can purchase medical marijuana. The fed sees that as a no no. In CA, you can have small amounts of pot and the local police allow it. Get caught by a federal officer and you are in trouble.

My point of this? States can not pass laws that take away rights given to you by the fed but they can relax laws of the feds. Federal law says you have free speech, a state can not pass a law that takes that right away.
    Right you are, so can you explain why youre so confused about car insurance?

Please point out where I said that! If anything, I am for single payer, or at the very least, a two tier system with a public option.
    Well gee who you think is gonna run single payer. If thats not the government mandating health care what is.
    I hate to break it to you but everybody needs health insurance. I have plenty of friends that can tell you first hand accounts about the "horror stories liberals tell."
    Really? Why does every one need health insurance? People who are healthy, dont engage in dangerous activities etc, who have lived years without ever needing a dr need it for what? So you can justify your govt single payer. And who are YOU to decide what anyone but you or your immediate minor family members need. I haven't given you the privilege of speaking for me, so why do you think you can? Or anyone else for that matter?

So because you have lucked out, everybody else will to? That is like saying "I have won the lottery so EVERYBODY can quit their jobs because they will win it as well."
    Good one. Those who choose not to buy lottery tickets should not quit their jobs.
    Those who lead less than healthy lifestyles and engage in dangerous activities or risky behaviors should have health insurance. Those who choose to get it should. Those who choose not to shouldnt have to. Thats what this country is about.
    Next you'll be saying everyone should have life insurance because everyone dies and their death could be a hardship for those left behind. Why don't you set up a bathroom schedule for every one while your at it. We wouldnt want any overworked bladders.

It mean I do not corporations to be able to take advantage of the common man. Kinda like what Anthem is wanting to do now with raising premiums 39%.
    Right you much rather have the government do it.
    — Ed Howdershelt