Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 639
  1. #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    snip



    To me, personally, a person with a constitutional law degree is more qualified than a person with a communications degree, is more qualified to be president. Yes there are more factors than that but that is the basics.

    snip
    Yes it seems his knowledge of the Constitution is helping him and his cronies run roughshod over it.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  2. #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    100 years ago, besides taxes, we also did not have:

    Roads

    Plumbing/Sewage systems

    Electrical grids

    Advanced Medicine

    300 million people


    While I do agree with you, that the 545 could clean up their acts and learn to balance s budget, you do have to understand that being the best country in the world is not going to be free. It is like an auto racing line, "speed costs. How fast do you want to go?" Well we can only go as fast as we are willing to afford. I am not advocating the we should be paying more in taxes, but that we are not getting what we should be for what we are paying now.
    I agree with you, and see it that way also, was just something i got in my mail. But you have to admit, we are taxed alot, and when billions and billions are simply lost in paperwork, it sucks for us. I liked it more for the 545 people thing. wasn't nothing fancy, just an email.
  3. #443  
    but as i said in another thread, i personally dont care if we destroy ourselves anyway. but while we're here we should try to be decent to each other.

    So if you don't care why push for so many policies that hurt so many people. Unless of course you don't think taxing people into poverty in many cases is being decent. If you don't care why do you march so tirelessly in your leftist army? (are you able to handle all these questions?)
    Whats the point if you don't care?
    Perhaps you should of read the second sentence, in what you quoted from me. Why don't you go ahead and read it now.
  4. #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    I haven't claimed certainty about anything.
    You said colors don't exist. That sounded pretty certain to me.

    If you're that curious do your own research. Start with the sumarians.
    How come I always have to research YOUR claims. If you know so much and have so much evidence, why not share? That is especially annoying.
    Be like Einstien saying "I have discovered that ....." and when people ask for an explanation he says "do your own research. start here..." If you can make a claim AND back it up, do so. If you can't shut up.

    I know I wouldn't put all of mankinds fate at risk, because the bible tells me so. I think enough of that has been discussed already.
    Right you wouldnt do it because you don't care. As stated by you.

    I do notice how well you completely ignore everything i said and posted about palin.
    Do I have to respond to the stuff about Palin? Are there instructions here somewhere that I missed? Did your advanced scientific mind fail to acknowledge the possibility that I dont disagree about Palin? Not saying either way, but if youre so smart, why didn't you consider that as the reason for my silence on her.
    And again chose to hand pick pointless sentences to mash on. And choose the response above instead.
    I already explained why I pick apart your posts.
    I understand why you would like and defend her.
    Please post any post of mine where I say I like her and or examples of me defending her.
    All of your responses are pointless and have no real use in any conversation here, childish at best.
    And yet here you are typing away.
    I listed many many things as well as others have, and your one word reponse is amusing, it opens a good look into you right up, so thank you for that.
    Good to see you have a handle on pointless and childish too.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  5. #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I pity the others in your life if that is what you think is love.
    Be careful loving children with that position. Could get you in jail.
    Sorry I left out our instincts of nurturing and family, which are all variations of love and are all prewired into all of us as well.

    Did I say that?
    "Speaking from 30+ adult years experience as an atheist I know the logic card all too well."

    ....yes....yes you did.....

    [/quote]To humor you, can you prove elves are not real?[quote]

    They are not real because they were a creation of authors and storytellers as part of a story of fantacy.

    I don't believe I said there weren't. Do you feel/think those people are somehow better smarter than those of faith?
    To be honest, I respect them more. I see atheists as being more open minded and more curious about the world around them. They are more willing to explore the creation of the world and our universe rather then relying on accepting a predetermined story.

    Many millionaire's would suggest that yes that is the secret. Of course you'll have to work to get there, it won't just happen. "The Millionaire Mind" is a good book on the subject.
    That is much different than "I believe in a god so therefore he exists".

    Why? Are you so focused in your hatred(my word not yours) of faith and belief in a god that you can't acknowledge the good that has resulted from faith?
    Here is how I see it. Yes there is good that can come of religion. Community service and such, but that, to me, is usually on the small local scale and you do not to have religion to do so. If anything, churches are good at organizing these occasions.

    On the grander scene you get into wars, persecution, terrorism, and to be honest, I can not think of any positives religion has had on a global scale. Of course though, if you look at resent history, only 2 religions have been the biggest cause of this. Christianity and Islam. Of all of the worlds religions these 2 are also the most closed minded religions as well.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  6. #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Wow, how is that not understandable? I dont even know the point you are trying to make. If colors dont exist, but are created and percieved by us as colors due to our eye and minds interpretation of light refraction, then they are real to US, even if in reality they aren't. Oh I see, sorry, after typing that I now understand why someone like, lets say you for example, wouldnt quite understand what I meant to begin with.
    Let's play a game.
    If God doesn't exist, but is created and perceived by us as God due to our eye and minds interpretation, then he/she is real to US, even if in reality he/she isn't.

    Your example is weak at best son. Pretty much every person would respond to the question "do colors exist?" with a yes. I am not sure where you even came up with that. Was it to make you look smart?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  7. #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    One word. Corpseman.
    Weak rebuttal is weak...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  8. #448  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    (Sarcasm alert!! Remembered I said it's used in the face of absurdity.)

    So Einstien, which is it. Do colors exists or not.

    /sarcasm

    And there is a perfect example of you saying something that makes your post(s) look completely ridiculous.
    Einstein was an atheist BTW
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  9. #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    How would one use the Bible to prove Global Warming is fake?
    Ask this guy
    I've never read anything from Joseph Farah before your posting of the link. I guess there is "an element of truth" in what most people say. I'm willing to consider what Joseph Farah has to say regarding God's promises but prophecy and promises in the Bible have often been misunderstood over time, so I don't automatically accept what others tell me that the Bible says or means. The promise that the world will not be destroyed by another global flood seems pretty clear, but I'm not so sure we can conclude that global warming might not be a problem. Man was also given dominion over the Earth in Genesis and we are the stewards of the Earth. I believe we cooperate with God in maintaining and protecting our planet. The passages he mentions don't really talk about global warming per-se and the Earth warming or cooling a few degrees would not necessarily be the same thing as not allowing believers not to perish. This does not sound like any sort of "proof" to me. Using the Bible to prove or disprove gloable warming seems like a misuse of Scripture to me.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  10. #450  
    I replied to the Global Warming topic in the Global Warming Thread.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...87#post2219087
    Just call me Berd.
  11. #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    So much material to work with...
    Can you prove that wrong? I know, a question.
    The bible is a work of fiction. Fiction does not determine anythings fate.

    Your so right. I always expect snow when I think of warming. Educate us please. Even those of us who are not republicans and are making fun.
    I am not a believer in "man made" global warming either, BUT, with extreme warming comes extreme cooling. You can not say that the weather that chilling the east coast right now is normal because it is not. It has been record breaking. Saying "Look! Snow! Global warming is a lie!" is not a valid argument. Does a lottery winner signify the end of a recession? Deserts are arid and dry but do they not get an occasional rain storm?

    Proof. I'd be inclined to agree, but my Grandmother used to say "never say never" so I'll need you to prove we cant or wont be able to someday.

    Proof So if you don't care why push for so many policies that hurt so many people. Unless of course you don't think taxing people into poverty in many cases is being decent. If you don't care why do you march so tirelessly in your leftist army?
    Conservatives held power for 8 years. Taxes did not go down for anyone other than the top 1% and corporations. My taxes did not change. Now, if you lower taxes to the top 1% and corporations, how does that help anything? By paying less taxes are they going to sell more products and services? Does that create more jobs? The answers are all no because people are not getting tax breaks, so they can not afford to purchase the good and services. The top down thinking of conservatism is flawed. If you give the breaks to the middle class, they can in turn afford to purchase more, which helps the corporations sell more, which creates jobs, which builds the economy. Pretty logical if you ask me.

    (are you able to handle all these questions?)
    Whats the point if you don't care?
    Yes, quite easily. Of course we care.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  12. #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Yes it seems his knowledge of the Constitution is helping him and his cronies run roughshod over it.
    Please give examples of anything unconstitutional that Obama or his "cronies" have done. If you can not back up this statement, you should not have made it.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  13. #453  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Let's play a game.
    If God doesn't exist, but is created and perceived by us as God due to our eye and minds interpretation, then he/she is real to US, even if in reality he/she isn't.
    No... Game over.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  14. #454  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    I would extend that advice to you as well.

    And your point is?
    ? see above
    Hmm, thought you'd have gotten that. My point was that something that has been believed for so long may have some validity, at least to the believers.


    haha, well that goes without saying doesn't it? Of course it depends on the logic and the belief itself. Lets consider 2 beliefs for example, one in the existence of evles and the other in the existence of aliens. Both are not quite the same. One is based on just imagination / folklore and no sound logic whereas the other is logical given the vastness of the universe and what we know about the mechanisms in the formation of life.
    How do you know they are not the same? Maybe the folklore came from an alien visitation.


    We went to the moon because we believed it can be done with a lot of hard work and the technology at hand at the time. That's a far cry from just having a belief. It takes lots of sound science, skill, experience and determination to reach that goal. Belief/faith only makes up a tiny portion of that.
    So who is to say the belief wasn't an essential part?



    So what did you mean by this:
    ?
    I meant just what I said. I have 30+ adult years as an atheist. Don't assume it means anything beyond the statement it self.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  15. #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Please give examples of anything unconstitutional that Obama or his "cronies" have done. If you can not back up this statement, you should not have made it.
    The current healthcare proposal in the senate. The Constitution does not give the Congress power to force the people to purchase a product from a private company at a price set by the company, or anyone else for that matter.
    Not within their power, therefore unconstitutional.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  16. #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Perhaps you should of read the second sentence, in what you quoted from me. Why don't you go ahead and read it now.
    Read it. Even used words from it.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  17. #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    The current healthcare proposal in the senate. The Constitution does not give the Congress power to force the people to purchase a product from a private company at a price set by the company, or anyone else for that matter.
    Not within their power, therefore unconstitutional.
    And that proposal also originally had a free public option that was removed to appease the conservatives, who by the way, didn't have a problem with everyone purchasing mandatory insurance. Is it also unconstitutional that I have to purchase auto insurance if I want to own a car? Here in CA, with our republican governor, they signed in a law that if you do not pay your auto insurance, the insurance company HAS to notify the DMV who then has the authority to impound your car. Is that constitutional? More evidence of conservative protecting corporations and screwing the common man.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  18. #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Sorry I left out our instincts of nurturing and family, which are all variations of love and are all prewired into all of us as well.
    Why would we need love to procreate?


    "Speaking from 30+ adult years experience as an atheist I know the logic card all too well."

    ....yes....yes you did.....

    To humor you, can you prove elves are not real?
    I said I had experience. Didn't say I was or wasn't currently anything.

    They are not real because they were a creation of authors and storytellers as part of a story of fantacy.
    Really, you have proof of this? Maybe they were stories of the authors experience with an alien race. Who knows? My problem with your statements is that you seem to think you have facts when you just don't.

    To be honest, I respect them more. I see atheists as being more open minded and more curious about the world around them. They are more willing to explore the creation of the world and our universe rather then relying on accepting a predetermined story.
    Because they agree with you on some level. Understandably? yes. Fair? probably not.



    That is much different than "I believe in a god so therefore he exists".
    In your opinion. what about the majority that thinks otherwise?
    Here is how I see it. Yes there is good that can come of religion. Community service and such, but that, to me, is usually on the small local scale and you do not to have religion to do so. If anything, churches are good at organizing these occasions.
    Yep churches only affect things on a local level.

    On the grander scene you get into wars, persecution, terrorism, and to be honest, I can not think of any positives religion has had on a global scale. Of course though, if you look at resent history, only 2 religions have been the biggest cause of this. Christianity and Islam. Of all of the worlds religions these 2 are also the most closed minded religions as well.
    Are you suggesting that wars are only started because of religion? Really?
    Isn't it just a tad convenient for the atheist to suggest that wars are always in the name of religion to further the atheist belief that religion is bad?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  19. #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    No... Game over.
    Good one. Very pithy. Take a long time to come up with it?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  20. #460  
    Hey Ken how come you and redninja never seem to be online together and always support each others statements?
    Related?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson

Posting Permissions