Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 639
  1. rjwerth's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Colors dont really exist, yet to us, they are very real. .
    Colors do exist. No two people may "see" color the same way, but they do exist.
  2. #422  

    this is a doosey, enjoy bclinger, she is truly the better choice.
  3. #423  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Well your interpretation of my "analogy" would be wrong to some extent. While I have never said Obama should not use a teleprompter (not sure how many times I've attempted to explain this), nor did I ever say Bush didn't, I have simply stated that I cannot say Obama is a great speaker when he cannot make a speech, no matter how short it will be, without using a teleprompter. He is constantly called a great speaker, and I simply think it is better to call him a good reader (I used to say very good reader until he stumbled with corpsman, I mean, "corpse man"). His reading skills are a little in doubt now. Obama my "main man", huh? Good one!
    Noone wants to talk about his teleprompterless bout with the gop. You guys created this teleprompter absurdity, but then think we are unfair over the hand notes? See whats happening there?
  4. #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    When A congressman states global warming is fake because the bible says so, that is unreasonable.
    How would one use the Bible to prove Global Warming is fake?
    Just call me Berd.
  5. #425  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjwerth View Post
    Colors do exist. No two people may "see" color the same way, but they do exist.
    I guess you had to handpick something outta that. good job. anyway, colors exist in dream. In real life, they exist through light refraction. many painters and philosophers believe in color realism. many scientists dont, so i tend to agree with the scientists.
  6. #426  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    How would one use the Bible to prove Global Warming is fake?
    here berd, you tell me



    plenty out there through google.... its also funny that many republicans are making fun of global warming, because its snowing. it shows just how uneducated they are on hte subject.

    another thing, I agree man cannot destroy the earth. but we can destroy all life on it. but as i said in another thread, i personally dont care if we destroy ourselves anyway. but while we're here we should try to be decent to each other.
  7. #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Noone wants to talk about his teleprompterless bout with the gop. You guys created this teleprompter absurdity, but then think we are unfair over the hand notes? See whats happening there?
    Yes, I do see, you simply refuse to acknowledge that reading a whole speech is different from having a few notes on your hand. I do see that but you apparently can't. So at least we have reached a point of agreement that we can agree to disagree. Whew.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  8. #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Sorry for no recent visit. Your question, was any of that serious? Yes. Now tell us all how he was more qualified then her?
    There are several reason. Keep reading...

    Tell us where his administrative experience came from?
    You can ask the same about Palin. Lets see, she was governor of Alaska for 2 years, but 1 of those years was spent campaigning with McCain. So approximately 1 year is all of the administrative experience needed to meet your standards of a candidate?

    Where did his business experience come from? A community organizer, trouble maker to be more descriptive. Where did he get? Did he ever have a real job?[/quote]

    He had several: From the University of Chicago:

    The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School's Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

    Durring this time he was also a pro bono business attorney as well as a "community organizer", which the right loves to discredit him for, yet it is perfectly fine for conservative to be community organizers.

    Palin was a sports caster for a local TV station, then mayor of a small town. After that, she was gov. for a year.

    Look at his record in the local legislature, the federal senate. Where?
    Here you go!

    Now tell all of us how he was more qualified than her. Tell us all who has the better mind - one who reads from a teleprompter and has no idea what he is saying, or one who has a few notes on the hand and does not require a teleprompter. Tell us.
    To me, personally, a person with a constitutional law degree is more qualified than a person with a communications degree, is more qualified to be president. Yes there are more factors than that but that is the basics.

    The damn teleprompter argument is weak at best. Many presidents have used them when delivering speeches. It is nothing new. He has proved that he can speak just fine without them as well. She did use a teleprompter before until she called out Obama. This has been gone over over 9000 times in this thread.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  9. #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    ???? The majority of people at one time in history believed the earth was flat, were they right? They also believed the earth was the center of the universe among other things.

    Majority belief does not equal reality or truth just because. Also I have a very hard time believing you're an atheist.
    Good response. You should read before you post though. Your stuff and mine.

    The earth was proven not flat and yet there are still people of faith.

    The earth was proven not the center of the earth and yet there are still people of faith.

    I didn't say belief in something always makes it real.
    If enough people believe in something it can become real.
    Enough people believed we could go to the moon and yet there were many more who said we couldn't (still are) and yet we did it.

    I never said I was an atheist, did I?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  10. #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    How would one use the Bible to prove Global Warming is fake?
    Ask this guy
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  11. #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    I don't see love as being illogical at all. It is a natural reaction we have within our bodies to promote the mating process.
    I pity the others in your life if that is what you think is love.
    Be careful loving children with that position. Could get you in jail.

    So you are an atheist? Welcome aboard!
    Did I say that?

    So if we get enough people to believe that elves are real long enough, it will come true?
    To humor you, can you prove elves are not real?
    There are many of the greatest minds of all time that were also atheists. Here is a list of a few of them with their own quotes on the subject.
    I don't believe I said there weren't. Do you feel/think those people are somehow better smarter than those of faith?
    Again, I just visualize a million dollars and I will get it?
    Many millionaire's would suggest that yes that is the secret. Of course you'll have to work to get there, it won't just happen. "The Millionaire Mind" is a good book on the subject.

    I know this was not directed at me, but I want to answer it anyway. I have never had an injustice put upon me, I just do not want religion and government mixing.
    Why? Are you so focused in your hatred(my word not yours) of faith and belief in a god that you can't acknowledge the good that has resulted from faith?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  12. #432  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Much here isn't understood. Our world for the most part is quite fake. Look at atoms, 80% space, yet they comprise everything, so everything becomes only 20% reality. Colors dont really exist, yet to us, they are very real. They have discovered that bacteria in seperate dishes, know when the other is being fed. That plants feel and communicate. There is much we dont understand, I think most is beyond our understanding.
    And yet you claim to be certain that no God exists. How?

    Well, literally there is more evidence of extraterrestrials then there is of god, not to mention alot of physical evidence of something helping us here......
    Really? What evidence? Of the extraterrestrials, not God. I am seriously curious. I for one belive there is life "out there" but I wasn't aware there was evidence. On the god side of things, faith is not based on evidence.
    I believe in ancient astronaut theory, but I would never involve that in my policies.
    So you can separate who you are from policy making decisions? Decisions you (or anyone) make are based on the facts at hand AND who the person making the decision is. That who is made up of everything you have learned, felt, seen, experienced etc. That's why two people can decide totally different things when faced with the same decision. (If youre married you'd know this). So how does one remove a part of oneself when making decisions? Faith or otherwise?

    I think people forget that liberals are christians to. They just seem to keep it out of they're politics.
    There is no way to prove this. But it's nice you think so.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  13. #433  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    I dont know why we keep talking to you guys anyway.
    You like to argue?
    I have said alot of things across several threads, and much is ignored by you guys.
    IMO opinion it's because alot of what you say has no factual basis and is easily ignored.
    Then I seem to get caught in this answering a silly sentence that one of you picked out, while you ignored many valid points that were brought up.
    So leave out the silly sentences. Even you now realize it destroys your credibility. It's one thing if you are being sarcastic or trying to be funny, but I see very little of that in your posts. You seem to really believe what you write.
    I see this not with just me, but several of us.
    Birds of a feather?
    It seems the majority of the right here, only have sarcastic comments and more questions to offer.
    Sarcastic comments are a great way to deal with that which we find absurd.Questions are designed in many cases to gain information. Do you have a problem when your views are questioned? Why? I realize that two questions and that may send you into an apoplectic fit, but try.
    Your side does it too But perhaps this is why ya'lls political leader bar has become set so low.
    If our bar was so low, we likely wouldn't have any discussion here. No one would have a problem with Obama would they?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  14. #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Considering our choices was hope and change, compared to joe the plumber and drill baby drill, yes he was very much the better choice....snip...

    Now You Tell Us.
    One word. Corpseman.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  15. #435  
    And yet you claim to be certain that no God exists. How?
    I haven't claimed certainty about anything.

    Really? What evidence? Of the extraterrestrials, not God. I am seriously curious. I for one belive there is life "out there" but I wasn't aware there was evidence. On the god side of things, faith is not based on evidence.
    If you're that curious do your own research. Start with the sumarians.

    So you can separate who you are from policy making decisions? Decisions you (or anyone) make are based on the facts at hand AND who the person making the decision is. That who is made up of everything you have learned, felt, seen, experienced etc. That's why two people can decide totally different things when faced with the same decision. (If youre married you'd know this). So how does one remove a part of oneself when making decisions? Faith or otherwise?
    I know I wouldn't put all of mankinds fate at risk, because the bible tells me so. I think enough of that has been discussed already.

    I do notice how well you completely ignore everything i said and posted about palin. And again chose to hand pick pointless sentences to mash on. And choose the response above instead. I understand why you would like and defend her. All of your responses are pointless and have no real use in any conversation here, childish at best. I listed many many things as well as others have, and your one word reponse is amusing, it opens a good look into you right up, so thank you for that.
  16. #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    I guess you had to handpick something outta that. good job. anyway, colors exist in dream. In real life, they exist through light refraction. many painters and philosophers believe in color realism. many scientists dont, so i tend to agree with the scientists.
    Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Colors dont really exist, yet to us, they are very real. .
    (Sarcasm alert!! Remembered I said it's used in the face of absurdity.)

    So Einstien, which is it. Do colors exists or not.

    /sarcasm

    And there is a perfect example of you saying something that makes your post(s) look completely ridiculous.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  17. #437  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Considering our choices was hope and change, compared to joe the plumber and drill baby drill, yes he was very much the better choice. Mcain and Palin spoke about nothing during their campaign. I even remember Mccain saying the economy was fine, while it was collapsing.
    And you can't honestly believe Palin has the better mind do you? Why is she hiding in a no media or recording device, teabagger speech. She also QUIT her position as governor, she QUIT. Did I mention she QUIT her job as governor. Her husband is a seccesionist. By definition she is a terrorist. She's had witches prayed off of her. She perhaps claims her daughters child. She's a hypocrite. She couldn't name her favorite founding father, while talking about them. She couldn't name anything she liked reading, then thought she was attacked with that question. She couldn't understand why africa was a continent.

    1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008 (Watch video clip)

    2. "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil." –-Sarah Palin, in a message posted on Facebook about Obama's health care plan, Aug. 7, 2009

    3. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

    4. "Well, let's see. There's ― of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but ―" --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

    5. "We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. ... We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in Greensoboro, N.C., Oct. 16, 2008

    6. "[T]hey're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom." --Sarah Palin, getting the vice president's constitutional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does, interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008 (Watch video clip)

    7. "They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh. Rush Limbaugh was using satire ... I didn't hear Rush Limbaugh calling a group of people whom he did not agree with 'f-ing *******,' and we did know that Rahm Emanuel, as has been reported, did say that. There is a big difference there." –Sarah Palin, attempting to rationalize why it's okay for Limbaugh to use the word "*******" but not Emanuel, FOX News Sunday interview, Feb. 7, 2010

    8. "Who calls a shot like that? Who makes a decision like that? It's a disturbing trend." –Sarah Palin, pushing a conspiracy theory that "In God We Trust" had been moved to the edge of coins by the Obama administration (the change was made by the Bush administration in 2007 and was later reversed by Congress, before Obama took office), West Allis, Wisconsin, Nov. 6, 2009

    9. "Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008 (Read more about the prank call, watch the video and see the transcript)

    10. "I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." --Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009

    She also thought the vice president ran the senate.



    Even Glen Beck looked at her like she was an *****.

    She didnt know what the bush doctrine was.

    I can keep goin if you want.
    Anyway, you can't honestly say she has the better mind can you?

    I would've loved to see her stand there against the democrats, like Hussein Obama did. She can't answer anything thats not prescreened and written for her. Obama does q&a's unscreened, often. So if you honestly believe that, I can't be mad at you, because medically there must be a reason for it.

    Now You Tell Us.
    Woof out of all the above you snipped "Considering our choices was hope and change, compared to joe the plumber and drill baby drill, yes he was very much the better choice" and responded with "one word, corpseman"

    So you got me there, guess I will see it your way now.
  18. #438  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    (Sarcasm alert!! Remembered I said it's used in the face of absurdity.)

    So Einstien, which is it. Do colors exists or not.

    /sarcasm

    And there is a perfect example of you saying something that makes your post(s) look completely ridiculous.
    Wow, how is that not understandable? I dont even know the point you are trying to make. If colors dont exist, but are created and percieved by us as colors due to our eye and minds interpretation of light refraction, then they are real to US, even if in reality they aren't. Oh I see, sorry, after typing that I now understand why someone like, lets say you for example, wouldnt quite understand what I meant to begin with.
  19. #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Good response. You should read before you post though. Your stuff and mine.
    I would extend that advice to you as well.

    The earth was proven not flat and yet there are still people of faith.
    And your point is?


    The earth was proven not the center of the earth and yet there are still people of faith.
    ? see above

    I didn't say belief in something always makes it real.
    haha, well that goes without saying doesn't it? Of course it depends on the logic and the belief itself. Lets consider 2 beliefs for example, one in the existence of evles and the other in the existence of aliens. Both are not quite the same. One is based on just imagination / folklore and no sound logic whereas the other is logical given the vastness of the universe and what we know about the mechanisms in the formation of life.

    Enough people believed we could go to the moon and yet there were many more who said we couldn't (still are) and yet we did it.
    We went to the moon because we believed it can be done with a lot of hard work and the technology at hand at the time. That's a far cry from just having a belief. It takes lots of sound science, skill, experience and determination to reach that goal. Belief/faith only makes up a tiny portion of that.

    I never said I was an atheist, did I?
    So what did you mean by this:
    ?
    Speaking from 30+ adult years experience as an atheist I know the logic card all too well.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  20. #440  
    So much material to work with...
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    here berd, you tell me

    Can you prove that wrong? I know, a question.

    plenty out there through google.... its also funny that many republicans are making fun of global warming, because its snowing. it shows just how uneducated they are on hte subject.
    Your so right. I always expect snow when I think of warming. Educate us please. Even those of us who are not republicans and are making fun.
    another thing, I agree man cannot destroy the earth.
    Proof. I'd be inclined to agree, but my Grandmother used to say "never say never" so I'll need you to prove we cant or wont be able to someday.
    but we can destroy all life on it.
    Proof
    but as i said in another thread, i personally dont care if we destroy ourselves anyway. but while we're here we should try to be decent to each other.
    So if you don't care why push for so many policies that hurt so many people. Unless of course you think taxing people into poverty in many cases is being decent. If you don't care why do you march so tirelessly in your leftist army? (are you able to handle all these questions?)
    Whats the point if you don't care?
    Last edited by Woof; 02/13/2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: extra word..changed meaning.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson

Posting Permissions