Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    She smoking too much of that Alaskan Kush. Her memory is shot. It's like everybody, including her, knows she shouldn't be in the position she's in. &nd she's trying her darnest to fit in and look professional, when she's not. But nobody will tell her and their laughing behind her back and continue to set her up. Encouraging her. Like, "yeah nobody will notice that black marker on your skin. It's a great idea." Sends her on stage and her team is back stage cracking up like "I told yall I could get that ****** to do that on TV."
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I'm still trying to get the "inept" part... how was that inept?

I gotta go to the gym... talk amongst yourselves
    Well, if you've actually watched the video and don't find that to be inept, I guess we have two different dictionaries.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    i dont care what anyone says it is ten times more embarrassing to me as an american knowing my president can't pronounce corpsman, corpse-man. I mean he is the commander and chief right? Imagine your boss at burger king called a whopper a whooper and didnt realize he was dead wrong. How would you feel about how well he might be doing his job, or how he even deserves to have it. I use to be in the army shortly after 9 11 i signed up and that bit of fotage made me sick.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    After all, Americans voted for Obama who had no business being in the position to run for President, and yet we had enough naive people to vote for him. I certainly see where you are coming from daThomas.
    I know that you are unwilling to make a fair comparison of those two people's intellect, knowledge of domestic and world events, and knowledge of the rules & procedures of the Federal gov't so I have no choice but to ignore that post.
    Jon Stewart is a comedian? Really? Dang....I thought he was a serious journalist. My bad.
    I'm glad I could bring it to your attention, the last thing we need is more disinformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Well, if you've actually watched the video and don't find that to be inept, I guess we have two different dictionaries.
    Or you just don't care for her view points (written or spoken) and therefore will take any opportunity to bash her.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    I'm glad I could bring it to your attention, the last thing we need is more disinformation.
    Thanks!

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    I know that you are unwilling to make a fair comparison of those two people's intellect, knowledge of domestic and world events, and knowledge of the rules & procedures of the Federal gov't so I have no choice but to ignore that post.
    Ahhhh.....but you didn't

If you were fair, you would realize that Palin was more focused on her state, not focused on the names of world leaders until she was put in that position (running for VP). Even though Obama didn't accomplish didly squat while in the Senate, he at least was exposed to national and international events as well as being prepared during the democratic primary. Just saying....

9.    #29  
    ...and therefore will take any opportunity to bash her.
    If I took every opportunity provided by her ineptness to bash her, I wouldn't have time for much more.

10.    #30  
    Ahhhh.....but you didn't

If you were fair, you would realize that Palin was more focused on her state, not focused on the names of world leaders until she was put in that position (running for VP). Even though Obama didn't accomplish didly squat while in the Senate, he at least was exposed to national and international events as well as being prepared during the democratic primary. Just saying....
    That's kinda sad Clem. It's not that hard to stay up on world events.
    So Palin writing talking points on her hand is OK? Wasn't she one of the people bashing Obama for using a teleprompter? Haven't most you in here bashed Obama for using a teleprompter and now you are defending Palin for looking at her hand for guidance during a softball Q&A during a for profit tea party event? The hypocrisy is mind boggling...

BTW, nobody from the left is defending Edwards. He has been pretty well shunned from the party yet those on the right keep bashing him. Kinda funny. The Dems have historically done so in the past as well. Gary Hart for example. When Dems fail, they never hold another office. Now you look at the Rep side, and you see guys like Mark Sanford still holding office and his actions being defended by his party.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Jon Stewart is a comedian? Really? Dang....I thought he was a serious journalist. My bad.
    What shocked me was the Beck and Hannity are NOT comedians!!!
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

- H.L. Mencken
    Ahhhh.....but you didn't

That's why she quit as governor 2 years early, to focus on her state? I am sure her quiting had nothing to do with showing up to, for profit, tea party rallies, book tours and being a commentator for FOX.

- H.L. Mencken
    I'd like to see a Tina Fey skit, where she rubs her palm on her head and ends up with ink on her face.

I'm not sure where the defensiveness here is.
    She does some funny things.
    Obama does some funny things.
    Bush did some hilarious things.
    Clinton did some hilarious things.
    And so on, so on, so forth.

But the same things go on here in OT - double standards.

If Palin was using a teleprompter, one side would make fun, the other would defend.

Let's be honest with ourselves.
    Just call me Berd.
  15.    #35  
    I think it's more that this particular group of people just ignores reality. Palin, in her speech to the tea jobbers throws the crowd meat in the form of making fun of Obama for using teleprompters while reading her speech from notes in front of her.

Now there's loyalty and then there's just blind stupidity.
    I think it's more that this particular group of people just ignores reality. Palin, in her speech to the tea jobbers throws the crowd meat in the form of making fun of Obama for using teleprompters while reading her speech from notes in front of her.

But atleast she wasn't using a teleprompter, or index cards, or at the very least an outline.

But writing notes on her hand? Now that's just so creative.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    So Palin writing talking points on her hand is OK? Wasn't she one of the people bashing Obama for using a teleprompter? Haven't most you in here bashed Obama for using a teleprompter and now you are defending Palin for looking at her hand for guidance during a softball Q&A during a for profit tea party event?
    I wondered the exact same thing.

I still don't know why any of us make fun of teleprompters, index cards, an outline, a manuscript, or even little sticky notes. What's the big deal?
    Have any of us done public speaking?
    I don't blame anyone for using memory aids.
    But honestly; this video would make a hilarious SNL skit.
    Just call me Berd.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    But atleast she wasn't using a teleprompter, or index cards, or at the very least an outline.

But writing notes on her hand? Now that's just so creative.
    No, I'm actually referring to her speech. She was reading it when she made the teleprompter comment. Makes no sense. And if you're watching her, why would you applaud someone doing the same thing?

Don't be so hard on yourself. Many have been deceived by those seeking power.
    No, I'm actually referring to her speech. She was reading it when she made the teleprompter comment. Makes no sense. And if you're watching her, why would you applaud someone doing the same thing?
    Maybe I need to quit being facetious.
    I'm actually laughing with you.

The point I'm making is against those who have bashed Obama for supposedly using a teleprompter and are now defending Palin.
    Kinda like saying bush's inability to express himself intelligently was defended by saying he's just an average guy like the rest of us, and then turn around and bash Obama because he hesitates with an 'uh' and tries to choose his words wisely.
    I hate to use the word hypocrisy.

Either way, there's no shame in using notes.

Now, if she bashes Obama for using a teleprompter while using notes on her hand - that's hypocrisy at its finest.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast