Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 639
  1. #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by big****t View Post
    Look, bottom line, both sides need to stop acting like dicks, stop worrying about personal projects and make a move to better this country.

    P.S. Do you republicans on here think that the deficit was at 0 when Obama took office?
    Seriously agree! This is the point I try to introduce whenever getting into these discussions. And lets not even mention the surplus W was handed when he took office, and proceeded to systematically evaporate over 8 years to hand the next administration a HUGE deficit?

    And talk about run away spending, and all the moaning about programs and bills being deficit neutral? Where was all this chatter when for the 8 years we were hemoraging (as in a Carl Sagan voice) Billions and Billions of our hard earned dollars into that hellole called iraq, and now adding to those billions in the super hellhole called afganistan? Where were the battle cries of deficit neutral THEN? HUH?
  2. #322  
    Why is this a topic.

    I have been told by businessmen, professors, and ministers that I have excellent speaking ability, and I use notes sometimes.

    Notes aren't the problem. Daughter hiding first child by saying it's yours is more of a problem!
  3. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by ego2001 View Post
    Daughter hiding first child by saying it's yours is more of a problem!
    Huh?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  4. #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Huh?
    He is referring to this rumor that was going around during the campaign.

    THIS
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  5. #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    No, they really didn't.



    Its interesting--I've got someone in another thread whining about how Democracy is being thwarted, while in reality, NOT passing Healthcare is what the People want. You can characterize their reasons, but the polls have been quite consistent for some time now. The American people are not in favor of this.



    KAM
    You are just so definitive....and completely wrong. It's interesting the way you criticize people for their ideas, saying that they just think that's the truth. You are the worst offender. You may think they don't want a health care bill, but you're wrong.

    A huge majority of Americans want a comprehensive health care bill passed. That includes 88% of Democrats, 56% of Independents, and almost a majority – 42% – of Republicans. If Congress thinks they can get away with not passing a bill, given those numbers, they’ve got another thing coming.

    When you add these numbers to a few other questions in this poll, you get a picture of the electorate that really wants reform done right.

    The poll shows that 49% oppose the health care bills in Congress and 46% support. But when people are asked about whether they support major features in the bills, they say yes. Banning denials for pre-existing conditions is popular with 80% of people. Requiring employers to offer insurance to full time employees is supported by 72% of people.

    The picture is becoming clear: America wants to see a comprehensive bill passed and they support major components of the legislation. They also don’t see the current bill in the Senate as the final bill – they want to see some changes before President Obama signs something. And there’s no doubt that a great many people have been influenced by the negative advertising the insurance industry and its allies have been flooding the airwaves with, coupled with the media’s focus on process rather than policy.
    Feb. 10 Washington Post poll
  6.    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by ego2001 View Post
    Why is this a topic.

    I have been told by businessmen, professors, and ministers that I have excellent speaking ability, and I use notes sometimes.

    Notes aren't the problem. Daughter hiding first child by saying it's yours is more of a problem!
    No one is objecting to using notes. Holding a note card would have been perfectly normal. I pointed this video out because she tries to hide the fact that she's looking at crib notes like a fourth grader cheating on a test. Watch the video.
  7. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Well, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I frankly see the same in you. For example, some one here said they voted for Obama because he saw McCain as having the same policies as Bush. You told him he was just making that up and had no proof to back that up.
    Please point me to this post. While I have said something similar to this--that this lie of the Obama campaign to make McCain and Bush into the same guy essentially is nonsense, what you are saying isn't in my recollection.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Now how can you say that when both McCain and Obama both verbalized in speeches and debates,and posted all of their policy proposals on the Internet for all to see and review? We knew McCain was the same because there was blatant evidence of it. Cut taxes, ease regulations. We have been hearing that since Reagan and look where we are now.
    No, this is just another example of you applying simplistic thinking in order to "support" the propaganda based goal you chose. The purpose was to link McCain and Bush, because Bush was unpopular, so it was stated to be true, regardless of whether that savages reality or not.

    Your last line is nonsense. Again--you rely on a very simplistic mangling of a very elaborate mixture of situations over decades, in order to push the "conclusion" that you pre-select. That's propaganda, not reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    You also tried to discredit a website I posted that showed the bias in new blogs because it was voted by "regular people" and their numbers where low. You then latter posted a couple of pages that where from some small, little known, news blogs, written buy just "random people". Now, how come what I post is wrong and what you post is right? Your opinion does not trump everything.
    No, you are distorting things. I was pointing out the level of relevance that an extremely small samples size of OPINIONS (not analysis of any kind) has--which is low. I didn't "discredit" it--I questioned your use of it. You seemed to portray it as if it were some objective source--in your attempt to attack Rasmussen Reports, and you made a very weak case.

    If there is something inaccurate in some link I post, feel free to address it.

    Of course my opinion doesn't trump everything, nor did I ever claim that it did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Fine. You think my opinions are flawed. The feeling is mutual. Just let me remind you of one thing, I did not start with the personal attacks, that was you.
    I didn't attack you. In fact, I took extra steps to make sure you understood that was not my goal, but here you go again. You want an apology for what you THINK I meant--sure, its your's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    I do realize the fact that I post on here, and the content of my posts, that I open myself up for mockery. I am fine with that, and to be honest, it does not bother me at all. I did not point it out to be a "victim". I pointed it out because when in a debate, and you resort to personal attacks, it makes you look pretty weak, and I think it was funny.
    Well, if your accusation was accurate, you might be correct, but it isn't--I've told you this plainly multiple times, yet you insist on claiming offense. There isn't much more I can say about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    As far as I am concerned, it is over. Keep it civil towards your fellow poster. Back to the debate...
    I'm more than happy to treat you with civility. Your ideas as expressed by your posts however are not you. If I think your ideas are nonsense, then I'll tell you why. If you aren't interested, then you don't have to respond.

    KAM
    Last edited by KAM1138; 02/11/2010 at 01:08 PM.
  8. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    You are just so definitive....and completely wrong. It's interesting the way you criticize people for their ideas, saying that they just think that's the truth. You are the worst offender. You may think they don't want a health care bill, but you're wrong.
    Oh, I'm COMPLETELY wrong. As if that isn't definitive. Fortunately for me, you're claim is easy disproved.

    RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Obama and Democrats' Health Care Plan

    So, if you notice you've picked the single most favorable poll there, and it is STILL in opposition. Yes, please tell me how I'm "completely wrong" when every single poll agrees with what I stated.

    Let's see--that's an AVERAGE of 15.2 Opposed, and yet somehow my stating that people are opposed is "completely wrong." Your statement is embarrassingly false. So, it appears as if your eagerness to declare me wrong really doesn't have much fact behind it, but that's not surprising.

    Now, I know you want to rely on subjective claims such as "the people really want it" and ignore the numbers that say otherwise, but the reality is, while people want reform, they don't want what's on the table. You know--the special interest filled mess that you DEMAND we accept.

    Your tactic is very transparent. You are attempting to substitute people's desire for ACTUAL reform for this abomination that you advocate, but its plain to see that people don't want it--they want REAL reform, which is what I've said all along.

    So, yes--I'm going to criticize you for forwarding this distortion as reasoning to attempt to disprove what I said, which is clearly supported across the board in every poll listed above. EVERY POLL. Again--to make clear the distortion you are attempting here. You are trying to substitute the best case people envision for "Reform" (what they want) and try and subsitute that for the actual bill--which they clearly do not want. That's totally unreasonable.

    So, I wish I could say "nice try" but it was actually a very poor attempt--just my opinion of course.

    KAM
  9. #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Its interesting--I've got someone in another thread whining about how Democracy is being thwarted, while in reality, NOT passing Healthcare is what the People want. You can characterize their reasons, but the polls have been quite consistent for some time now. The American people are not in favor of this.

    KAM
    I'm sorry. Maybe you don't remember exactly what you wrote. Let me refresh your memory. You didn't qualify it; you said the American people are not in favor of health care reform. It was wrong when you wrote it, and it's still wrong now. But you do tend to respond to your inaccuracy with strong denial, even when the evidence is right in front of you. Go figure.
  10. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I'm sorry. Maybe you don't remember exactly what you wrote. Let me refresh your memory. You didn't qualify it; you said the American people are not in favor of health care reform. It was wrong when you wrote it, and it's still wrong now. But you do tend to respond to your inaccuracy with strong denial, even when the evidence is right in front of you. Go figure.
    You should be sorry, because in your rush to disagree, you apparently didn't read the paragraph above the one you quoted.

    Here's what I actually wrote, since you are making claims that are false, instead of bothering to ask when you fail to understand something.

    Democrats had complete control of the process, and while it is true that any party is made up of individuals who vote (and have their own motivations), your knee-jerk analysis insisting that this is due to "corporations" seems...well, inaccurate at best. Rather, I suggest that these people are motivated mostly by their own self-interest--namely being re-elected. Like it or not--the people of this country are not behind THIS effort, and the politicians are (barely) reflecting this.

    Its interesting--I've got someone in another thread whining about how Democracy is being thwarted, while in reality, NOT passing Healthcare is what the People want. You can characterize their reasons, but the polls have been quite consistent for some time now. The American people are not in favor of this.


    See, in your sloppy response you didn't pick up on what was said. You will note in the first paragraph where I said the people are not behind "THIS" effort...see that's referring to the existing plan. I didn't say "Any health reform plan."

    Now, anyone can make an innocent mistake and I would have been happy to correct you, but you chose instead to A) run with your flawed understanding of what I was talking about, and B) now insist on compounding the mistake.

    So, no--you've made a foolish error, and seem unable to own up to it. I would be happy to accept your apology however--everyone makes mistakes.

    KAM
  11. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #331  
    This is better than saying "corpse man" and that we have 57 states. Way to go genius!
  12. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    This is better than saying "corpse man" and that we have 57 states. Way to go genius!
    Hate Monger.

    KAM
  13.    #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    This is better than saying "corpse man" and that we have 57 states. Way to go genius!
    Way to follow your Limbaugh talking points.
  14. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Way to follow your Limbaugh talking points.
    Why would you assume that he learned that from Limbaugh? What did Jewel say that indicated that this is a "talking point"--instead of just speaking from their own recollection?

    I suppose following your line of thinking that any criticism that President Bush ever got was merely a talking point right? Some Air America, Daily Kos or Moveon.org dictate.

    When is the last time Limbaugh mentioned the 57 states flub anyway? Apparently you have more knowledge of Limbaugh than I do.

    What I really think is happening here is that you, by starting this thread have invited the same sort of picky little comments that you apparently enjoy when used to attack Conservatives, but bristle at when applied to your heroes.

    Did you get the idea for this thread from your talking points source?

    KAM
  15. #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    You should be sorry, because in your rush to disagree, you apparently didn't read the paragraph above the one you quoted.


    KAM
    Actually, I read it perfectly. You said "not passing healthcare is what the people want". You didn't qualify that statement. Now saying it refers to a prior paragraph is a great way of pretending you didn't say something....but in fact you did. Nowhere did you say that the people want healthcare reform. In fact, I'm not sure you have ever said it. Is that what you believe now? Because that's what the truth is.....the US population wants health care reform. And a fair number of them would support the current plans. But yes, the majority of people want those bills changed. Not thrown away....changed. So do I. The Senate bill is a special interest giveaway, just like Medicare Part D. But that's moot. The point is that as I interpret what you say, you now support healthcare reform. Congrats and welcome to the effort.
  16. #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Way to follow your Limbaugh talking points.
    Funny, I heard both of those examples on the regular old news. How does that make em Limbaugh talking points?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  17. #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Seriously. Could this person continue to show her lack of knowledge and lack of professionalism any more blatantly? It's kinda sad.



    Watch the video here.

    Well, bad things can happen if you don't have notes, or teleprompters fail. Example:
    (Warning, quite graphically shows lack of knowledge and lack of professionalism)
    Quite sad.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  18. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Actually, I read it perfectly. You said "not passing healthcare is what the people want". You didn't qualify that statement. Now saying it refers to a prior paragraph is a great way of pretending you didn't say something....but in fact you did.
    No, you are wrong and it is plain to see. You are simply so arrogant that you would prefer to twist about because you can't admit you were so eager to mouth off that you made a fool of yourself. You are being very petty. Pick one sentence to hang your hat on all you like--it doesn't change what I actually said. In context it is pretty clear that it was referring to the existing effort. I didn't deny saying anything--I simply am not going to accept your flawed understanding of what I said, forgetting the rest of it, because it will help you not look foolish.

    Should I go through it line by line and embarrass you further, pointing out each instance where you COULD have realized your mistake and didn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Nowhere did you say that the people want healthcare reform. In fact, I'm not sure you have ever said it. Is that what you believe now? Because that's what the truth is.....the US population wants health care reform.
    Actually I've said it many times, but of course, what is actually said isn't relevant to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    And a fair number of them would support the current plans. But yes, the majority of people want those bills changed. Not thrown away....changed. So do I. The Senate bill is a special interest giveaway, just like Medicare Part D. But that's moot. The point is that as I interpret what you say, you now support healthcare reform. Congrats and welcome to the effort.
    I'm sorry that your memory is so poor that you don't remember the many times that I said I want healthcare reform, or my many, many posts explaining the specifics of what I would prefer.

    Are you truly so petty that even when I specifically point out your error that your ego doesn't allow you to admit a mistake? Your avoidance here is really, really ridiculous.

    KAM
  19. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Well, bad things can happen if you don't have notes, or teleprompters fail. Example:
    (Warning, quite graphically shows lack of knowledge and lack of professionalism)
    Quite sad.
    I love that video. I bet he wished he had a crib note in his palm for that one.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  20. #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    ...Its interesting--I've got someone in another thread whining about how Democracy is being thwarted, while in reality, NOT passing Healthcare is what the People want. You can characterize their reasons, but the polls have been quite consistent for some time now. The American people are not in favor of this.[/I]

    KAM
    You're kinda right. The reform bill as it stands now, nobody wants. It is garbage and does nothing. What people wanted was what Obama proposed during his candidacy. What he proposed was robust health care reform that would have included either going to a system that included a public option for those who needed it. That was one of his policies, and he won the election by a landslide. There, the people had spoken. When the health care reform process started, polls for it were high. If I remember correctly, they were about 70% for it. The problem is the dems couldn't get their collective **** together, and the republicans started with the lies about death panels and euthanasia. During all of this, the bill became a watered down mess and sadly, some people actually believed the lies. As a result, the polls for the bill slipped as the public became disillusioned with the entire process.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken

Posting Permissions