Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 639
  1. #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    ......Obama, who at this point, is sadly on track to be another one term pres..
    God I hope you're right.....just seeing a democrat write that gives me hope! Whooohoooo! Now that is the type of "hope and change" I can grab hold of!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  2. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Who? Reality and logic, that's who. It's one thing to believe in hokus pokus and keep it to oneself, but it's quite another for it to matter politically.
    First, you are incorrect--logic does not prove or disprove Religion.
    Second--perhaps you aren't aware of this thing called "freedom of Religion" which certainly does not require anyone to "keep it to themselves"
    Thirdly--I'm always interested in why people who dislike Religion seem more than happy to adopt other non-religious dogma (not sure if this is the case with you), as if the basis for a belief that motivates an action is more important (to a third party) than the action itself.


    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Not as many as you think. During the campaign, the Republicans offered the same old solutions, whereas Obama brought in fresh ideas that resonated not only with liberals but the group that mattered the most: indepedents.
    How could you possibly know this? You are simply stating an opinion, not a fact. My opinion is that Obama voters are highly emotionally motivated. There is no doubt that Obama APPEALED to independents, but you have no proof on what basis (emotional or otherwise).

    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Of course being the first Black president brought him a lot more media scrutiny, a lot of which was as negative as well as positive.
    Media attention perhaps. Scrutiny? That is a good one. The media was his biggest ally, giving him a free pass or lip-service questioning at best. None of it had anything to do with him being Mixed Race as I saw it.

    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    So yes there were emotions at play, especially in the Black community but in the grand scheme of things it really didn't matter as blacks usually vote liberal anyway. A large portion of the people on the left voted on the issues first and foremost. The 'hope and change' mantra was voiced by pretty much all the condidates to some degree, not just Obama. Also, if there was no Obama, it's very likely another liberal would be our President considering how the general public viewed the Republicans.
    That's probably true, but again--I don't see that you have any basis for the claim about the motivation for people voting--other than it is your perception.

    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Like I said before Obama's media coverage was both positive and negative. Or have you forgotten about the Rev. Wright issue among other things? Hillary as well as McCain had equally positive coverage as far as I'm concerned. Yes wedge issues are used on both sides but from what I've seen, it's a lot more successful when used on the Right.
    I would strongly disagree. While there were some minor negatives--like Wright (probably the biggest...which in the end had no effect). Obama had fawning media coverage for the most part. Hilary and McCain on about the same level...probably true.

    As far as Wedge issues--I think its probably more likely that you (favoring the left) simply criticize the right more for them.

    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    The devout religious in this country tend to be conservative and I have a problem with religion, especially when it intermingles with matters of the State. People that take the Bible literally to the point of hating others I look down upon. That's just me.
    Well, you are welcome to your view of course, and while I am not a bible literalist by any means, people aren't restricted from their Religious views in this country.

    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Yes there are 'lower common denominators' on both sides, but I see a lot more of it on the right.
    Yes, which I suspect is because you favor the side you are on--naturally.

    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    And that's why we'll never agree on certain things.
    I'm not all that interested in agreeing, as long as there can be constructive or at least reasonable exchanges. From my perspective this falls into that category, so thank you for explaining your views (which as is obvious from my response I disagree with in many ways).

    One more thing. You do realize that President Obama is a Christian correct? Obviously, his Beliefs shape who he is, and therefore what he does.

    KAM
    Last edited by KAM1138; 02/11/2010 at 08:29 AM.
  3. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Well, I'm not sure the US moving towards the same system the Europeans have would drive the race to financial ruin. I mean our race wasn't driven to financial ruin when the Europeans did so.
    What makes you think that the economic situation in the US is the same as in a European nation? Unless you are under the impression that another massive government system is actually going to cost less--much less than their optimistic predictions, this will cost more money. Typically a government program costs many times more than promised--and since there is no actual mechanism (other than top-down price control attempts) to enable lowering of costs, it is highly likely they will go up. However, to be fair--we will be going broke with or without this new program--its just a question of when.

    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Because the majority of it is basic and straightforward and has already been put together like ending pre-existing conditions. Highlight that as a keeper. Stuff that both sides agree should be taken out, rip it out. Want to add some tort reform sprinkle it in there.

    But not going to kill it. Reconciliation is the only leverage left.
    Basic and Straightforward? Really--then why does it require thousands of pages? Ending Pre-existing conditions is a great GOAL, but I don't think that simply pretending that they don't exist and cost money is a solution--which effectively is what is being suggested. Rather, I have suggested (not that anyone hears me) that an equitable system be used to isolate that condition, and not let it be used to knock someone out of the box completely. Rather, have a moderate additional cost for narrowly defined medical issues related to that--IF (and only if) it occurs again. The basic idea is that it would allow people with pre-existing conditions to get coverage without massive upfront penalties, and only pay more (not a huge amount more) if that problem comes up again. Right now--they just assume that a problem from the past WILL occur again and affects everything--that's not reasonable in my view.

    As far as "killing it" hate to tell you there pal, but that might be exactly what happens. Not saying it will, but definitely a possibility.

    KAM
  4. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Agreed.

    You also have to admit Obama can be funny, too, especially on the topic we're talking about in this thread. When he complimented Congressman Paul Ryan (R-WI . . . IMHO, the sort of decent guy the GOP should be concentrating their energies on) on the fiscal plan he's put forth as putting in a sincere and serious effort (even though it's completely different from something Obama would propose), Obama quickly said, "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you, man," i.e., his career, for being complimented by Obama. I wish there was more of the good-natured civility that Obama and Ryan possess, but it's in pretty short supply these days.
    There is no doubt that President Obama is charming, and people find it easy to like him. I've no doubt that if I sat down and talked to him, I would leave with a favorable impression of him on a PERSONAL level. I think this is largely why people are drawn to him, and continue to give him favorable ratings personally, even if they do not like his job performance on disagree with him on specific issues. The guy has got charisma.

    KAM
  5. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    I exactly know what being bi-partisan is. The democrats tried for almost a year to be bi-partisan, even while the rights hatefueled propaganda machine was in full stride. There comes a point, when locking them out was the right thing to do. Which is the fault of the right that it ever had to happen that way.
    No, they really didn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Also, they were never in complete control, I've talked about it before. The mythical 60 seats was just that, mythical. When half of your party is also in the pockets of the corporations, or they are what is now branded a moderate democrat, then you actually have no control. When you have to pay a senator's state for his or her vote, you aren't in control. The entire healthcare debate was sickening from both sides. But I have to say, escpecially from the right, and the teabagger republicans that pretend to be independent.
    In the pockets of corporations? Can you back up your claim?

    I understand that you have these leftist ideas and beliefs--fine, but I'm afraid I don't find your claims to be accurate or realistic in many cases. Or more accurately, I think they are somewhat wild exaggerations in many cases.

    Democrats had complete control of the process, and while it is true that any party is made up of individuals who vote (and have their own motivations), your knee-jerk analysis insisting that this is due to "corporations" seems...well, inaccurate at best. Rather, I suggest that these people are motivated mostly by their own self-interest--namely being re-elected. Like it or not--the people of this country are not behind THIS effort, and the politicians are (barely) reflecting this.

    Its interesting--I've got someone in another thread whining about how Democracy is being thwarted, while in reality, NOT passing Healthcare is what the People want. You can characterize their reasons, but the polls have been quite consistent for some time now. The American people are not in favor of this.

    You might want to blame Republicans or "corporate" democrats or whatever, but the Democrat Leadership managed (or mismanaged) this show, and thought they could ram this through both their own caucus and the American people, and by the narrowest of margins it appears they've failed (at least right now).

    If they DID approach this in a bipartisan manner, and actually dealt with the issues instead of forwarding the primary goal of government power first (passing the bill no matter what), and didn't sell out the American people again and again in the process, we might have an actual reform bill.

    In my view, the power-hungry politicians leading the Democrat party are to blame for this disaster. They had the power, the control and bear the responsibility.

    KAM
  6. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    President Obama's $3.6 trillion fiscal year 2010 budget However, President Bush submitted a $3.1 trillion budget for FY 2009. For FY 2008, Bush submitted a $2.9 trillion budget. None of Bush's budgets included the wars or many other little "projects" he had going on, such as his handout to the pharmaceutical industry also known as "Medicare Part D"...
    And? Bush's spending was out of control as well.

    BTW--since that Medicare Part D is so bad...are you lobbying your Democrat Congress and President to end that program?

    So much hatred for corporations. Yes, Damn them for manufacturing drugs that keep people alive. Damn them to hell. Let's get the pitchforks and have the townsfolk storm their factories and burn them to the ground.

    KAM
  7. #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    God I hope you're right.....just seeing a democrat write that gives me hope! Whooohoooo! Now that is the type of "hope and change" I can grab hold of!
    Dont get yourself too carried away.. there is still time.

    And while, he or anyone is not perfect, I still do believe in what is trying to be accomplished.

    But my conflicted dichotomy prevails.. Republicans Lie, and Democrats are Stupid.

    The problem is people who vote are fickle. If things dont change/fix/improve as fast as instant coffee is made, they tend to vote for the opposite.

    If the economy didnt tank so close to the election, or if there was absolute (whether real or inflated) prosperity, I think people were duped enough to actually elect old man McCain and his hot lil perky dumb as a box of rocks side kick.
  8. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    According to me, yes. We should always question authority and call them out for their errors, wartime or not.

    According to conservatives.... no. They set president for that for the last 8 years. Now they should have kept their mouths shut in regards to that or they should be practicing what they preach now. They made their bed, they have to lie in it.
    Ridiculous. Its as if there wasn't a constant barrage of complaining about pretty much everything that President Bush did or said.

    Of course, while you attribute this to "Conservatives" as if there is one voice, I seem to recall Democrat Senators decrying Republicans going after Clinton when he ordered some minor strike against Iraq back in the late 90's. Of course, you probably don't remember (or choose to forget) that.

    Bottom line--we agree, but your claim that this sort of deflecting tactic is a "conservative" practice is simply false. Politicians do or say whatever, whenever, without consistency. It isn't a left or right issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    I am under the belief that you were voted to perform a job. You put you name your name on the ballot and the people vote you in. DO YOUR JOB. Don't quit just because you want to be an activist for hire. She let down all of those who voted her and turned her back to them.

    But then again, if it was a dem that did this, you would have no problem calling them out on this.
    Don't tell me what I'd do or think about something. You want to harp on this go ahead, but it seems to me you're just looking for another petty line of attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    ...how will I ever sleep at night...
    I'm sure using inaccurate deflections doesn't bother you one bit. When one cannot deal with what is actually said, what other choice do they have?

    KAM
    Last edited by KAM1138; 02/11/2010 at 09:10 AM.
  9. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    So my pointing out Palin's blunders is now "labeling anyone you disagree with as unintelligent". I am glad you feel so free to make such broad assumptions about something that has never happened...

    You sure jumped to personal insults quickly. You could have just sighted instances that backed up you arguments instead...
    That's not intended as an insult--rather its meant as an accurate description of the nature of your statements. Perhaps you can understand that it is very difficult to deal with arguments that have such a hollow basis in a substantive way. How exactly does someone deal with someone's distorted imagination?

    I don't mean to be insulting. However many of your statements (or others) strike me as simplistic or unrealistic, or based on the sort of mindset that I encountered amongst half-educated children. I'm not saying you ARE a half-educated child, or are unintelligent, I'm just responding to your posts as they are.

    Of course, since this entire thread's purpose was to ridicule someone for their public "face" and our posts here are our "face" as it were, then I suppose if I were to criticize you (not what you say) that would be in line with what is apparently acceptable practice.

    KAM
  10. #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    And? Bush's spending was out of control as well.
    And I have shown to you that Obama's budget is actually less than Bush's when you factor in the spending for the wars, which Bush never did.

    BTW--since that Medicare Part D is so bad...are you lobbying your Democrat Congress and President to end that program?

    So much hatred for corporations. Yes, Damn them for manufacturing drugs that keep people alive. Damn them to hell. Let's get the pitchforks and have the townsfolk storm their factories and burn them to the ground.

    KAM
    Tell me, how come every other country on the planet pay a 3rd of what we do for medications? How come they can negotiate a lower price but we can't? Why would Bush sign in Medicare Pt. D that takes away our governments power to negotiate those prices AND gives them $170million in unfunded money? Why did this have to go to vote at 3am on a friday?
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  11. #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Dont get yourself too carried away.. there is still time.

    And while, he or anyone is not perfect, I still do believe in what is trying to be accomplished.

    But my conflicted dichotomy prevails.. Republicans Lie, and Democrats are Stupid.

    The problem is people who vote are fickle. If things dont change/fix/improve as fast as instant coffee is made, they tend to vote for the opposite.

    If the economy didnt tank so close to the election, or if there was absolute (whether real or inflated) prosperity, I think people were duped enough to actually elect old man McCain and his hot lil perky dumb as a box of rocks side kick.
    Oh geez.....yes, democrats don't lie....good grief. Heck, Obama has been caught on many lies. The biggest lie was that he was going to change DC and yet I've never seen a President more into being the same ole politician than this guy. He goes in front of one group...say...the GOP breakfast meeting the other morning....and says how he really is right in step with many of their ideas....and then he'll go in front of another group and completely change his story. Good grief.

    As for people being duped, it was the folks who elected Obama that were duped. They got so caught up in the idea of electing the first black guy....making history....voting for a guy who, after all, was going to broadcast everything on C-SPAN (ROFL, how naive were people?), that they blindly pulled the "lever" for the guy and his side kick "foot in the mouth".

    Here is who voted for Obama:



    Are you proud of these folks? I would never say these people shouldn't be voting, but it is discouraging to know they are voting.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  12. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    And I have shown to you that Obama's budget is actually less than Bush's when you factor in the spending for the wars, which Bush never did.
    You posted some numbers, yes.

    Now, go ahead and look at how the National Debt and Deficit compares under each and the rate at which they are increasing. You will find that the debt under Obama is increasing at a more rapid pace than under Bush, that his deficits (projected by his own numbers) are a higher percentage of GDP.

    Of course, you are making the mistaken assumption that it matters to me which irresponsible President (and Congress) is creating the financial problem. Whereas you seem to want to pretend that Obama is somehow improving the situation (which is not true) so you can Blame Bush (which is pretty much the central theme to defending Obama), he is not.

    Our Reckless government spending continues (and increases) unabated. Deny that if you wish, but that is exactly what is happening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Tell me, how come every other country on the planet pay a 3rd of what we do for medications? How come they can negotiate a lower price but we can't? Why would Bush sign in Medicare Pt. D that takes away our governments power to negotiate those prices AND gives them $170million in unfunded money? Why did this have to go to vote at 3am on a friday?
    It's another horrible government program that should be scrapped, and never should have been started in the first place. I'm not a supporter of it, nor have I ever been. The difference between you and I is that you rail against this government program, because it was a Republican plan, but happily advocate and support other even worse messes--including this so-called "reform" bill.

    What you accept or reject might be based on D or R, but mine is not.

    KAM
  13. #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Ridiculous. Its as if there wasn't a constant barrage of complaining about pretty much everything that President Bush did or said.

    Of course, while you attribute this to "Conservatives" as if there is one voice, I seem to recall Democrat Senators decrying Republicans going after Clinton when he ordered some minor strike against Iraq back in the late 90's. Of course, you probably don't remember (or choose to forget) that.

    Bottom line--we agree, but your claim that this sort of deflecting tactic is a "conservative" practice is simply false. Politicians do or say whatever, whenever, without consistency. It isn't a left or right issue.
    I see you totally missed the point. I said COSERVATIVES were the ones saying to not question a wartime president. Not anyone else. And yes, nobody listened to them and called Bush out as need. Nothing wrong with that. What I have a problem with now, is not the fact that the republicans are calling out Obama, but the fact that they are not practicing what they preach. Criticism in politics should never be a one way street.

    Don't tell me what I'd do or think about something. You want to harp on this go ahead, but it seems to me you're just looking for another petty line of attack.
    Wow, nothing I wrote here was about you or telling you what you should think, but OK...

    So you do not credibility issues with an elected official that just quits for no valid reason after 2 years of a 4 year term?

    I'm sure using inaccurate deflections doesn't bother you one bit. When one cannot deal with what is actually said, what other choice do they have?

    KAM
    The problem is, is that you haven't really been saying anything, just attacking what I say and mixing in little petty insults. I find it kind of amusing actually.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  14. #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    That's not intended as an insult--rather its meant as an accurate description of the nature of your statements. Perhaps you can understand that it is very difficult to deal with arguments that have such a hollow basis in a substantive way. How exactly does someone deal with someone's distorted imagination?

    I don't mean to be insulting. However many of your statements (or others) strike me as simplistic or unrealistic, or based on the sort of mindset that I encountered amongst half-educated children. I'm not saying you ARE a half-educated child, or are unintelligent, I'm just responding to your posts as they are.

    Of course, since this entire thread's purpose was to ridicule someone for their public "face" and our posts here are our "face" as it were, then I suppose if I were to criticize you (not what you say) that would be in line with what is apparently acceptable practice.

    KAM
    LMAO!!! This is good! You said that I was "labeling anyone you disagree with as unintelligent" and yet that is what you are doing to me in that very post!!! And what you have been doing in other posts. Oh but you are not saying that I am unintelligent, just that I sound unintelligent....
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  15. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    I see you totally missed the point. I said COSERVATIVES were the ones saying to not question a wartime president. Not anyone else. And yes, nobody listened to them and called Bush out as need. Nothing wrong with that. What I have a problem with now, is not the fact that the republicans are calling out Obama, but the fact that they are not practicing what they preach. Criticism in politics should never be a one way street.
    No, I read your point--but like much of what you say, it ignores reality in order to single out your enemies and ignore the same actions taken by those you prefer. I provided you an example of how (prior to Bush) Democrats engaged in that exact same tactic. In other words--your accusations are cherry picked--as is typical.

    However, of course, we've heard from various politicians how "republicans want to destroy our President" (referring to Obama)--which is of course directly hypocritical effort to silence "dissent." But again--you attribute this only to conservatives. In other words--this is just another expression of your bias.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Wow, nothing I wrote here was about you or telling you what you should think, but OK...
    Actually what you said was: But then again, if it was a dem that did this, you would have no problem calling them out on this.

    In fact--you attempted to tell me exactly what I would do in a situation. What's really hypocritical about this is that you are in fact doing what you claim I WOULD do (but haven't). You, as referenced above are making accusations and applying them only to conservatives when it in fact is not at all unique to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    So you do not credibility issues with an elected official that just quits for no valid reason after 2 years of a 4 year term?
    I thought it was a strange move on her part--my opinion. However, she was free to do it. You on the other hand, want to treat it as if it were a crime of some sort.

    What's really hilarious is that you are a supporter of a guy who has quit multiple offices in order to take different ones. President Obama RESIGNED his Senate Seat to take the Presidency. Of course, I'm sure you define "valid reason" and have decided that Palin's isn't, but of course--just another example of your biased view being used to create a line of attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    The problem is, is that you haven't really been saying anything, just attacking what I say and mixing in little petty insults. I find it kind of amusing actually.
    Actually, I've addressed your (false) points with specific responses. If you aren't able to comprehend that, then I can't help you.

    I'm attacking your inaccuracy and false premises, yes. I told you that I'm not interested in insulting you. You can believe that, or play the victim--its up to you.

    KAM
    Last edited by KAM1138; 02/11/2010 at 10:04 AM.
  16. #316  
    Look, bottom line, both sides need to stop acting like dicks, stop worrying about personal projects and make a move to better this country.
    No argument about how Obama is doing should be valid until his 1st term is over. The man came into a mess and is trying to fix what Bush messed up. We all know why most of these bills won't pass, cause it will cut into these politicians income cause a majority (both sides) have ties to businesses that are not healthy for this country. So, once everybody (politicians and the public) can rise up to maturity, problems will begin to get solved.

    P.S. Do you republicans on here think that the deficit was at 0 when Obama took office?
  17. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    LMAO!!! This is good! You said that I was "labeling anyone you disagree with as unintelligent" and yet that is what you are doing to me in that very post!!! And what you have been doing in other posts. Oh but you are not saying that I am unintelligent, just that I sound unintelligent....
    I'm sorry if you dislike the fact that I disagree with your points, and that I find them to be based on faulty reasoning, and or bias. I said it before--I don't assume you are unintelligent, but a lot of the assumptions you seem to rely on are in fact biased (selective vs reality) or simplistic.

    Of course that's just my view. I am not sure I can be clearer however--I said that I don't think you are unintelligent. I'm saying that various things you say seem (to me) to be flawed reasoning.

    Now of course, despite my specific statement to the contrary (saying I don't think you are unintelligent) you claim that I am in fact saying the opposite. Yet another example of your straw-man responses.

    Now, let's cut the nonsense shall we. Playing victim isn't going to help your argument. I've told you that I have no desire or intent to insult you personally, and am addressing what you say. If you dislike my views of your posts and positions as expressed by them, well, that's the nature of a discussion forum.

    Example: My grammar and spelling aren't the best, so if you said "Your grammar and spelling" is at a Junior High level, I would probably say "yeah, at best." I don't know you, so it is hard to understand any context outside of your posts.

    KAM
  18. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    A Palin commentary:

    its still basically a sexist nation and world. If Palin looked like Susan Boyle, and everything on the inside was Palin, she would NEVER be where she is today..

    Hot looking women get far, just on looks..

    The ones that have something substantial on the inside too, well just a bonus.

    Sadly tho, Palin gets the attentions she gets, from the jumping point of her looks..

    She gets the following from her all white, not a person of color, or ethnicity in that whole nut cake T bagger group, from her ability to create fear and hate..

    The End
    Every bit of this is probably right, but guys have the same issue. Height is a major jumping off point for leadership. Tall men are in more management and leadership positions than any other height. And looks make a difference as well.

    So if you're shorter, maybe a little less good looking, and balding, lets just say that you have a bit more to overcome.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  19. #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    I'm sorry if you dislike the fact that I disagree with your points, and that I find them to be based on faulty reasoning, and or bias. I said it before--I don't assume you are unintelligent, but a lot of the assumptions you seem to rely on are in fact biased (selective vs reality) or simplistic.
    Well, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I frankly see the same in you. For example, some one here said they voted for Obama because he saw McCain as having the same policies as Bush. You told him he was just making that up and had no proof to back that up. Now how can you say that when both McCain and Obama both verbalized in speeches and debates,and posted all of their policy proposals on the Internet for all to see and review? We knew McCain was the same because there was blatant evidence of it. Cut taxes, ease regulations. We have been hearing that since Reagan and look where we are now.

    You also tried to discredit a website I posted that showed the bias in new blogs because it was voted by "regular people" and their numbers where low. You then latter posted a couple of pages that where from some small, little known, news blogs, written buy just "random people". Now, how come what I post is wrong and what you post is right? Your opinion does not trump everything.

    Of course that's just my view. I am not sure I can be clearer however--I said that I don't think you are unintelligent. I'm saying that various things you say seem (to me) to be flawed reasoning.

    Now of course, despite my specific statement to the contrary (saying I don't think you are unintelligent) you claim that I am in fact saying the opposite. Yet another example of your straw-man responses.

    Now, let's cut the nonsense shall we. Playing victim isn't going to help your argument. I've told you that I have no desire or intent to insult you personally, and am addressing what you say. If you dislike my views of your posts and positions as expressed by them, well, that's the nature of a discussion forum.

    Example: My grammar and spelling aren't the best, so if you said "Your grammar and spelling" is at a Junior High level, I would probably say "yeah, at best." I don't know you, so it is hard to understand any context outside of your posts.

    KAM
    Fine. You think my opinions are flawed. The feeling is mutual. Just let me remind you of one thing, I did not start with the personal attacks, that was you. I do realize the fact that I post on here, and the content of my posts, that I open myself up for mockery. I am fine with that, and to be honest, it does not bother me at all. I did not point it out to be a "victim". I pointed it out because when in a debate, and you resort to personal attacks, it makes you look pretty weak, and I think it was funny.

    As far as I am concerned, it is over. Keep it civil towards your fellow poster. Back to the debate...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  20. #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Every bit of this is probably right, but guys have the same issue. Height is a major jumping off point for leadership. Tall men are in more management and leadership positions than any other height. And looks make a difference as well.

    So if you're shorter, maybe a little less good looking, and balding, lets just say that you have a bit more to overcome.
    But my mom says I am a handsome, lady killer!!!
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken

Posting Permissions