Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post

Give this a watch. It's just her supporters. You know, it's these people that will help her run for presidency. These bright, informed individuals.
    Yup....like these intelligent Obama supporters?:

Two can play this lame game. Interesting to note what they knew about....the real important issues. And this is how we got Obama! By the way, this is relevant to the subject as they mention Palin quite often.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    [url= - SARAH PALIN BOOK SIGNING - Interviews with Supporters[/url]

Give this a watch. It's just her supporters. You know, it's these people that will help her run for presidency. These bright, informed individuals.
    LMAO. Prime example of the dumb leading the dumb. These Palin supporters don't even know her policies. It looks more and more racist when I see videos like this with people blindly going against something and hear republicans say no matter what Obama brings up, they will vote against it.
    Look, Palin for president in 2012=easy victory for Obama. Especially if she has idiots from this video backing her.

Yep thats her base, WHITE, basically uninformed, fall for the same lies that they fell for electing W for 8 years, thinking he was their "friends" who they could have a beer with.. Riiighhhhttt...

Not a black, not a hispanic, not an asian, in the bunch.. and THATS the so called real (bigoted, separatist) America, huh?

That snarky, (fake) homey, down homey talk of hers, just makes me GAG!!

And the reality is, even the Republicans, for the most part do not want her.. They are really looking to make a real go of it in 2012, and put Romney up,
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    So, it is ok to bash a President Wartime or not then?
    According to me, yes. We should always question authority and call them out for their errors, wartime or not.

According to conservatives.... no. They set president for that for the last 8 years. Now they should have kept their mouths shut in regards to that or they should be practicing what they preach now. They made their bed, they have to lie in it.

I am unclear if you are suffering under some false belief that politicians cannot resign their office.
    I am under the belief that you were voted to perform a job. You put you name your name on the ballot and the people vote you in. DO YOUR JOB. Don't quit just because you want to be an activist for hire. She let down all of those who voted her and turned her back to them.

But then again, if it was a dem that did this, you would have no problem calling them out on this.

Yes, your common use of mini-strawmen is annoying.

KAM
    ...how will I ever sleep at night...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    They are really looking to make a real go of it in 2012, and put Romney up,
    Yuck! Just the thought that pretentious snob made me cough up something I'd rather not describe.

And now onto a happier thought ...
    Scott Brown for President!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Yuck! Just the thought that pretentious snob made me cough up something I'd rather not describe.

I don't agree with Romney on everything (I don't agree with anyone on everything) but if you compare resumes, Romney's resume of working in both the private sector and in the government is pretty impressive. Not sure why some Republicans don't like him....I can understand democrats not liking him....but just don't know why some Republicans don't like him. Go figure.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton

LMAO Scott Brown's political history. At least Obama was a community organizer before he got into politics...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

- H.L. Mencken

OH! Don't get me wrong.. I personally do NOT like Romney, I just think he is someone the republicans think can have a chance..

I woud LOVE to see Palin run, that would almost be a guarnteed 2nd term for Obama, who at this point, is sadly on track to be another one term pres..
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    I can understand democrats not liking him....but just don't know why some Republicans don't like him. Go figure.
    I don't like him because he's a big fake in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    LMAO Scott Brown's political history. At least Obama was a community organizer before he got into politics...
    Yeah, I totally agree that Brown is so unknown the he could never pull off the top spot. He'd make a nice VP for anyone else's ticket though.

OH! Don't get me wrong.. I personally do NOT like Romney, I just think he is someone the republicans think can have a chance..
    I totally agree.

I [would] LOVE to see Palin run, that would almost be a [guaranteed] 2nd term for Obama, who at this point, is sadly on track to be another one term pres..
    Palin is just being played along to fake out the democrats and give them overconfidence. The only way she'll be in the races will be as some 3rd party.

EDIT: Regarding Obama, it's still early. There is still hope that he might things around.
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    No, your practice of labeling anyone you disagree with as unintelligent is the joke that you delude yourselves with.
    So my pointing out Palin's blunders is now "labeling anyone you disagree with as unintelligent". I am glad you feel so free to make such broad assumptions about something that has never happened...

I'm amazed at this display of Junior High level "damn the man" sort of thinking. "Anything with an .inc" after it? Seriously? Are you really so detatched from reality that you adhere to this outdated propaganda set?

KAM
    You sure jumped to personal insults quickly. You could have just sighted instances that backed up you arguments instead...

- H.L. Mencken
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Hocus pocus? Who's practicing magic here?
    Apparently the the guy who parted the red sea. Or what about that burning bush? Sounds like nothing but a bunch of hokus pokus to me.

Would you mind pointing out some of the negative media related to his being black? I must have missed that.
    Um, Rev Wright? Need I say more?

And those were... ?
    Google is your friend?

What were they thinking with McCain?
    McCain? Nah I totally disagreed with his politics but they could've done worse. Palin is who sealed their fate.

So.... would you say that you hate them? Seriously, who is taking the Bible literally to the point of hating others? Last I checked, the Bible was about loving your neighbor, helping and feeding the poor, standing up against repression, sharing with others.... seems like some fairly liberal ideals to me. I could be wrong though.
    Well it depends on which version of fiction you prefer to follow: the old or new testament. God is supposedly pretty brutal in the old testament.

As for who takes the Bible literally and preaches hate? Hmmmmmm:

http://www.godhates****.com/

w w w. g o d h a t e s f a g s . c o m
    I can surely come up with more but you can start there.
    Last edited by darreno1; 02/10/2010 at 10:13 PM.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Citizens in a democracy have a right to bring whatever they want into politics. (Separation of church and state was implemented to protect the church from the state and not the other way around.)
    Sorry, I gotta call you out on this one.

MYTH 7: THE FIRST AMENDMENT WAS INTENDED TO KEEP THE STATE FROM INTERFERING WITH THE CHURCH, NOT TO BAR RELIGIOUS GROUPS FROM CO-OPTING THE GOVERNMENT.

Jefferson and Madison held an expansive view of the First Amendment, arguing that church-state separation would protect both religion and government.

Madison specifically feared that a small group of powerful churches would join together and seek establishment or special favors from the government. To prevent this from happening, Madison spoke of the desirability of a "multiplicity of sects" that would guard against government favoritism.

Jefferson and Madison did not see church-state separation as an "either or" proposition or argue that one institution needed greater protection than the other. As historian Garry Wills points out in his 1990 book Under God, Jefferson believed that no worthy religion would seek the power of the state to coerce belief. In his notes he argued that disestablishment would strengthen religion, holding that it would "oblige its ministers to be industrious [and] exemplary." The state likewise was degraded by an established faith, Jefferson asserted, because establishment made it a partner in a system based on bribery of religion.

Madison also argued that establishment was no friend to religion or the state. He insisted that civil society would be hindered by establishment, charging that attempts to enforce religious belief by law would weaken government. In his 1785 Memorial and Remonstrance, Madison stated flatly that "Religion is not helped by establishment, but is hurt by it."

11 Myths About Church and State
    TL;DR The separation of church and state is a two street, protecting the church from the government and vice versa.

- H.L. Mencken
    I'll be happy to read up on this. Thanks for the link.
    Sorry, I gotta call you out on this one.

TL;DR The separation of church and state is a two street, protecting the church from the government and vice versa.
    True. You also have to remember that many of the "founding fathers" were quakers and were not treated very well by protestants in New England

Taken from wikipedia:

"As the movement expanded, it faced opposition and persecution. Friends were imprisoned and beaten in Great Britain, Ireland and the British colonies. In the Massachusetts Bay colony, Friends were banished on pain of death some (most famously Mary Dyer) were hanged on Boston Common for returning to preach their beliefs. In England Friends were effectively banned from sitting in Parliament from 1698 to 1833. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania was founded by William Penn, as a safe place for Friends to live in and practice their faith."

Obviously none of the delegates from Pennsylvania would want the government to have any power over religion (and vice versa) given their history.
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Apparently the the guy who parted the red sea. Or what about that burning bush? Sounds like nothing but a bunch of hokus pokus to me.
    You mean none of that ever really happened?

Well it depends on which version of fiction you prefer to follow: the old or new testament. God is supposedly pretty brutal in the old testament.
    The first bible, God was kinda a d!ck. They had to come up with the kinder gentler, hippie character name Jesus, to make the masses happy.

As for who takes the Bible literally and preaches hate? Hmmmmmm:

http://www.godhates****.com/

I can surely come up with more but you can start there.
    don't forget the KKK...

- H.L. Mencken
    I don't think anyone can make a reasonable and intelligent argument that Palin would be a good leader. She quit her job as govenor, appears corrupt, and overall is an *****. Those who support her are doing it out of emotion.

Even worse are the "conservative" supporters that fail to realize that their republican representatives are not doing what they claim. Bush did not lower taxes and drastically increased the size of the federal government. If republicans actually went through and slash and burned a large portion of the federal government, I would likely vote for them, but they don't.

My main issue with the federal government is that it is so removed from our everyday lives its hard to see the costs. For example, after 9/11 how many communities fire/police departments got grants that they blew on worthless items (small town cops don't need extensive anti-terrorist equipment). However the mentality of the local governments was to gobble up all the federal money that they could as it wasn't "their" money. If things were funded at a more local level such wouldn't happen as people would rightfully complain. (not picking on the 9/11 stimulus as this happens with about any federally distributed money, ie. the "bridge to nowhere").

Obviously some money needs to be redistributed otherwise the southern states (mainly those bordering the Mississippi" would be screwed), but other than that the disconnect between taxes and how money is spent really hurts efforts to increase efficiency.
    You mean none of that ever really happened?

The first bible, God was kinda a d!ck. They had to come up with the kinder gentler, hippie character name Jesus, to make the masses happy.

don't forget the KKK...
    People also forget that we were supposed to forget the first bible (as per Jesus's orders). God was a huge **** in the first bible and basically purported that we should follow a tribalistic way of life (full of genocide and slavery).
    Regarding the Bible, first of all, it contains about 7 different types of writing, each of which should be "read" differently. Not all of the Bible was meant to be taken literally (but many/most fundamentalist Christians would disagree with me here). Secondly, miracles have been verified to have occurred throughout history, so some things like water being turned into wine at Cana are to be taken as literally happening. Biblical scholars universally agree that this was the first miracle that Jesus performed. Third: the OT forshadows the NT in ways that would have been impossible to predict, or "game" by people, and this validates the book in a way which can be done with no other book or so called "prophecy". Fourth: Jesus was either an evil, deceitful man, or he was how he said he was: God incarnate sent to save us. History and logic bear this out. Feel free to study and validate (or try to refute) this assertion. Ffith: Many people/groups believe/understand different things from the Bible. The Catholic Church (who compiled the New Testament and recognized Jesus as the Messiah) is in the best position to interpret what the Bible really means. I'm sure this post may ruffle many feathers. (When it comes to religion, everyone thinks what they believe is correct.) I don't really think this is the place to argue this. I'm just hoping I gave you enough here to research this on your own should you want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    That argument would make sense if it had any teeth. The fact is that only one of those men was found guilty of perjury.
    the "legal" persecution and pursuit of Clinton was contrived by many of the same right wing zealots who are so breathless in their love of Palin.

Those right wing zealots ceaselessly pursued Clinton from the day he was elected, making endless ersatz accusations on matters like Whitewater, "travelgate", Foster's suicide, and Clinton's extramarital explorations. They finally succeeded in finding an event so embarrassing and humiliating to him that they were able to maneuver him into a questionable verbal tangle, which was ultimately sufficient for a minor legal sanction.

Many of these same right wing zealots have been behind the: Obama doesn't have a birth certificate, that he's a moslem, that he pals around with terrorists etc. etc.

I see a trend here.

(How many remember btw, that the impeachment process was begun by a lame duck congress immediately AFTER the repugs were humiliated in the '98 election where impeaching Clinton was a prominent GOP campaign issue).
    Last edited by BARYE; 02/11/2010 at 08:39 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    I thought Palin had been seen using a Pre.
    Oh yeah, she was. She tried the Pre but decided her old palm was more reliable.
    My PDA history: ditched pre and upgraded back to the Treo 755p, Palm PRE, Treo 755p, 650, 600, TMobile Pocket PC, Visor Platinum, Kyocera Palmphone, Treo 300, Visor Silver, Ipaq H3600, Orig Handspring, and various and sundry other early iterations of PDA's.