Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 639
  1. #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Um, the court jester would be Palin. Ok, failed analogy.
    Palin is a nobody! She will be the cause of her own destruction. 'Nuff said.

    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Don't blame people for pointing to that bizarre act of trying to sneak a peak at cheat notes.
    Palin is a nobody! She will be the cause of her own destruction. 'Nuff said.

    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    ... But she appears to have painted herself into a corner of her own belief after teleprompter bashing.
    Palin is a nobody! She will be the cause of her own destruction. 'Nuff said.

    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    No, it's not picking on someone.
    Yes it is, but I understand that it's fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    It's just bizarre behavior.
    Palin is a nobody! She will be the cause of her own destruction. 'Nuff said.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  2. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    And it is up to them to do their job by hunkering down and doing the give and take that is compromise. Just saying "No" is not doing the people's work and if they choose to do so, they will be stepped over.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, obstructing a bad thing is not a bad thing. In my opinion, the Democrats version of reform is so fundamentally different that any compromise would be worse that nothing at all.

    And we'll see how well the voters take that being "stepped over" -- or stepped on, as it were -- in November.
  3.    #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Actually, I think Saying no to destructive ideas that will accelerate our race towards financial ruin is EXACTLY the job of Responsible Politicians. Their only problem is that they didn't say no (to spending) enough when they were in power, but hopefully, we (the people who know that government spending is disaster) will be able to push that back a bit this fall. MAYBE.
    "Accelerate our race towards financial ruin" are you serious?

    And the fact is KAM, the Repulicans have said no to EVERYTHING this administration puts it's stamp of approval on, EVEN Repulican sponsored legislation. Those are the facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    That being said--I'd be all for ACTUAL reform, starting with a clean sheet of paper and saying "where can we agree, today, and get this done." However, I doubt that either side is willing to do that.

    KAM
    No way. You don't get to flush a year's worth of work down the drain with your "clean slate" line. The existing pieces of legislation can be gone through and adjusted VIA COMPROMISE by BOTH PARTIES to get the People's Work done.
  4.    #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, obstructing a bad thing is not a bad thing. In my opinion, the Democrats version of reform is so fundamentally different that any compromise would be worse that nothing at all.

    And we'll see how well the voters take that being "stepped over" -- or stepped on, as it were -- in November.
    Deliver Healthcare reform to the people and small biz and we most certainly would see.
  5. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Deliver Healthcare reform to the people and small biz and we most certainly would see.
    Being a part of that "small biz" myself I have to chuckle. But, yes, we shall see. I trust you will be here. As a fellow moderator, I will do my best to console you.
  6. #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Well, so far, that reason would be the party of "No" and their threat of a filibuster. They will be offered ONE MORE chance to work together to provide a solution like Mass to the American people, and if they continue to say "No" to it, the Democrats will step over them.
    Thanks for letting me know how things are going to play out. You, my friend have your head in the sand. What good does it do to win this battle at the expense of loosing the war? I hope for their sake their tunnel vision is not as bad as yours!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  7. #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I don't recall Massachusetts asking my state.
    I'm not sure what you were trying to say here.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  8. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Um, the court jester would be Palin. Ok, failed analogy.

    Don't blame people for pointing to that bizarre act of trying to sneak a peak at cheat notes. And that is actually the part deserving of mocking. No one would have thought twice if she had a couple of note cards in her hands. But she appears to have painted herself into a corner of her own belief after teleprompter bashing.

    No, it's not picking on someone. It's just bizarre behavior.
    Ah, I think I understand better. You're bashing her for not using his technical approach to displaying cheat notes, and then for mocking him for using cheat notes displayed on a teleprompter. I can see that. What was the soundbyte specifically?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I will do my best to console you.
    If they don't get the most Moderate parts of the Healthcare reform through this year, I'll need that consoling. (hell I'll probably lose it and join the libertarians).

  10. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Palin is a nobody! She will be the cause of her own destruction. 'Nuff said.
    Jeez, for a 'Nuff said, you're sure saying it 'Nuff!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  11.    #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Thanks for letting me know how things are going to play out. You, my friend have your head in the sand. What good does it do to win this battle at the expense of loosing the war? I hope for their sake their tunnel vision is not as bad as yours!
    I think not getting anything done is far more damaging to the Dems in 2010 than shoving through 70% of what's been talked about.

    Hell, you want to create votes in 2010, lower the Medicare enrollment age to 55.
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Ah, I think I understand better. You're bashing her for not using his technical approach to displaying cheat notes, and then for mocking him for using cheat notes displayed on a teleprompter. I can see that. What was the soundbyte specifically?
    Honestly, I showed that clip to my wife, didn't mention a thing of what to look for or expect and she immediately was like *** when Palin tried to not appear like she was reading notes in her palm.

    All she had to do was hold a note card. No one would have thought poo. Bizarre.
  13. #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Deliver Healthcare reform to the people and small biz and we most certainly would see.
    It's a big gamble. Our country is barely on the brink of a possible recovery. Adding the cost of healthcare to every small and large employer, and to every taxpayer who doesn't otherwise have it might be a ball and chain that our economic engine does not need at the current moment. If we were in a period of boom, the risk would be a lot less. One might argue healthcare could serve as a form of stimulus, but not at the expense of causing inflation. I hate being the naysayer of doom here, but the more I think about this, I don't see it working without finding some jet fuel for our economic engines at the same time.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  14. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    "Accelerate our race towards financial ruin" are you serious?
    Yes, even without the added costs of this, we are in very deep financial trouble. Of course, I'm serious. Are you seriously denying this?

    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    And the fact is KAM, the Repulicans have said no to EVERYTHING this administration puts it's stamp of approval on, EVEN Repulican sponsored legislation. Those are the facts.
    Really? So the Republicans have opposed the Surge in Afghanistan? Can't you people avoid making absolute statements?

    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    No way. You don't get to flush a year's worth of work down the drain with your "clean slate" line. The existing pieces of legislation can be gone through and adjusted VIA COMPROMISE by BOTH PARTIES to get the People's Work done.
    Where to start? A "years work" is a special interest filled mess. A year's waste is more like it. I didn't say Clean Slate BTW--I said clean sheet of paper.

    Why are you so dedicated to that mangled mess of legislation? Are you unaware that one of the reasons it failed is because it is such a mess?

    There can be components of it in whatever the end result is. But why start with a mess that is KNOWN to be a problem--even BEFORE considering Republican views. The Democrats on their own couldn't pass it.

    "The People's work" doesn't mean the same thing to us I suspect.

    Healthcare reform in 2010 should be just that--REFORM, not a massive new spending program. It should pave the way for long term viability, not hasten our economic insolvency.

    KAM
  15. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Adding the cost of healthcare to every small and large employer, and to every taxpayer who doesn't otherwise have it might be a ball and chain that our economic engine does not need at the current moment.
    No "might" about it, and it will be more like a ship's anchor that rips a hole in the hull. It will also impact the elections, have no doubt.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I don't recall Massachusetts asking my state.
    Not mine either...

    Senate health care bill similar to law in Massachusetts
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  17. #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post


    Who is to say that what is in the bible is not true. Do you know what is or isn't true in there, or do you simply have a belief that is different from others?
    Who? Reality and logic, that's who. It's one thing to believe in hokus pokus and keep it to oneself, but it's quite another for it to matter politically.


    How many Obama (who is treated more like a celebrity than a politician) voters are voting on "pure emotion" do you think? What basis would you claim for saying that others vote on pure emotion or not?
    Not as many as you think. During the campaign, the Republicans offered the same old solutions, whereas Obama brought in fresh ideas that resonated not only with liberals but the group that mattered the most: indepedents. Of course being the first Black president brought him a lot more media scrutiny, a lot of which was as negative as well as positive. So yes there were emotions at play, especially in the Black community but in the grand scheme of things it really didn't matter as blacks usually vote liberal anyway. A large portion of the people on the left voted on the issues first and foremost. The 'hope and change' mantra was voiced by pretty much all the condidates to some degree, not just Obama. Also, if there was no Obama, it's very likely another liberal would be our President considering how the general public viewed the Republicans.

    A controlling figure...like a rock star candidate--such as Obama? Someone who had an overwhelming degree of positive media coverage? As far as Wedge issues...take your pick--they are used by both sides.
    Like I said before Obama's media coverage was both positive and negative. Or have you forgotten about the Rev. Wright issue among other things? Hillary as well as McCain had equally positive coverage as far as I'm concerned. Yes wedge issues are used on both sides but from what I've seen, it's a lot more successful when used on the Right.


    In my view President Obama's election was the most band-wagon, media driven election in my lifetime, yet it seems you seem to be claiming that these "lowest common denominators" vote for the others side. I don't see people who buy into "hope and change" and not being the other guy as particularly thoughtful reasons for voting a certain way.
    The devout religious in this country tend to be conservative and I have a problem with religion, especially when it intermingles with matters of the State. People that take the Bible literally to the point of hating others I look down upon. That's just me.

    Yes there are 'lower common denominators' on both sides, but I see a lot more of it on the right.

    See--that's why I ask--because I've now seen a bit of your 'analysis' but I'm not sure why it leads you to your conclusion, because again--what you accuse those you disagree with seems (from my perspective) to apply to people I disagree with just as well.
    And that's why we'll never agree on certain things.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  18. #258  
    A Palin commentary:

    its still basically a sexist nation and world. If Palin looked like Susan Boyle, and everything on the inside was Palin, she would NEVER be where she is today..

    Hot looking women get far, just on looks..

    The ones that have something substantial on the inside too, well just a bonus.

    Sadly tho, Palin gets the attentions she gets, from the jumping point of her looks..

    She gets the following from her all white, not a person of color, or ethnicity in that whole nut cake T bagger group, from her ability to create fear and hate..

    The End
  19. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Who? Reality and logic, that's who. It's one thing to believe in hokus pokus and keep it to oneself, but it's quite another for it to matter politically.
    Hocus pocus? Who's practicing magic here?
    Not as many as you think. During the campaign, the Republicans offered the same old solutions, whereas Obama brought in fresh ideas that resonated not only with liberals but the group that mattered the most: indepedents.
    Talk about hocus pocus, that was apparently all smoke and mirrors, cause the guy hasn't followed through with much. Transparency? Openess? Well, not for the first year, he meant.
    Of course being the first Black president brought him a lot more media scrutiny, a lot of which was as negative as well as positive.
    Would you mind pointing out some of the negative media related to his being black? I must have missed that.
    So yes there were emotions at play, especially in the Black community but in the grand scheme of things it really didn't matter as blacks usually vote liberal anyway. A large portion of the people on the left voted on the issues first and foremost.
    And those were... ?
    The 'hope and change' mantra was voiced by pretty much all the condidates to some degree, not just Obama. Also, if there was no Obama, it's very likely another liberal would be our President considering how the general public viewed the Republicans.
    More like there wasn't a good candidate for Republicans. Reminds me of Kerry. What were they thinking with McCain?
    Like I said before Obama's media coverage was both positive and negative. Or have you forgotten about the Rev. Wright issue among other things? Hillary as well as McCain had equally positive coverage as far as I'm concerned. Yes wedge issues are used on both sides but from what I've seen, it's a lot more successful when used on the Right.

    The devout religious in this country tend to be conservative and I have a problem with religion,
    You've made that clear.
    especially when it intermingles with matters of the State. People that take the Bible literally to the point of hating others I look down upon. That's just me.
    So.... would you say that you hate them? Seriously, who is taking the Bible literally to the point of hating others? Last I checked, the Bible was about loving your neighbor, helping and feeding the poor, standing up against repression, sharing with others.... seems like some fairly liberal ideals to me. I could be wrong though.
    Yes there are 'lower common denominators' on both sides, but I see a lot more of it on the right

    And that's why we'll never agree on certain things.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  20. #260  
    So, here we are 260 posts later, all because someone jotted a few words on their had as reminders in a speech.

    I love LOVE this thread and hope it keeps going. It's a perfect display of how utterly desperate the Left is. (And I can't help but laugh as I think about it again...) All because of notes on her palm...priceless!!

    I have to believe that there are people on the Left that are secretly asking themselves why they ran with this one.

Posting Permissions