Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    It's all a conspiracy. Palin was likely kidnapped and Tina Fey was standing in (or Palin is learning her finer points about politics from Fey! )

Seriously. I kind of put Palin and Quayle in the same camp. They are likely brighter than they appear but both appear like idiots in public. I'm not sure how many of the rest of us would do any better under similar circumstances. At least she was using a "human" teleprompter!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Kam,

I find your smarmy replies to be objectionable. It's pretty typical for your ilk to sit back and fire off at will without actually providing a shred of your own thought. Instead, you pick line-by-line through a comprehensive counterargument and focus in on what you perceive to be fatal flaws without taking into account the entire body of thought. Again, I'm not surprised - people like you like their thoughts handed to them and don't display a lot of ability to think freely and objectively.

What part of my point about Democrats supposedly being "elitist" was based on nonsensical propaganda? Have you ever been outside of your little corner of the world to see that there are millions of people in this country who happen to vote Democrat but don't drive a Saab and drink soy milk? Go ahead and call me an elitist while you're picking apart this paragraph. I'll even give you some fodder: I'm smart, I've been outside the country, I speak a second language, I've interacted with cultures other than my own, and I'm far too educated. Heaven forbid I'd like the same in my leadership.

And, yes, my president is elite, by the true definition of the word. I'm not using the Glenn Beck/KAM version of the word that is a substitute for "uses big words and doesn't cowtow to the Christian Right."

Frankly, a conversation with a rock is more productive than this. Go ahead and pick apart this message line-by-line. It should keep you busy for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Considering that you stated a false premise that someone uneducated might believe (in contrast to the actual factual examples I gave, refuting your inaccurate claims) I find this statement laughable.

I'm sure that some of this is attributable to Republicans, but of course what I stated was pointing out how flawed your propaganda based claims are. I'm more than happy to acknowledge that people of both parties were engaged in bad practices. You on the other hand ignorantly claim that this is due to "republican" bankers. Your reasoning is flawed, and based on at best a flimsy grasp of the fact (assuming your post here is an indication of your knowledge and you aren't simply lying while actually knowing it isn't true).

Anecdotes...oh yes, you must be referring to facts that don't fit your propaganda template. Sorry, but I'll continue to state facts, even if you dislike the practice.

Perhaps then you might want to make your point with accuracy instead of resorting to nonsensical propaganda-based claims.

So, your "leadership" IS elite then? Or not? Please make up your mind.

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    ... if she wasn't in the news 24/7, most wouldn't care. ...
    I'm pretty sure she is a secret liberal plant who is being paid highly to make the republicans look stupid. (Who's paying her, now that is the question!)
    Dude, just say it, she's a dumb***. Everyone knows it. Even the Rupugs. Only the lowest of the low will see anything of value in that wasted body, hence the tea party welcomed her.

And for those wondering why liberals are so interested? Well, if she wasn't in the news 24/7, most wouldn't care. Plus, after having dodged a bullet during the last presidential campaign, some are naturally curious about who this person really was (as if they didn't know already), and day after day she never fails to surprise.
    Dumb enough to get elected governor and chosen as a running mate for President, have a book on the best sellers list.

Damn I wish I was that dumb!
  5. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by kalimotxo View Post
    I find your smarmy replies to be objectionable. It's pretty typical for your ilk to sit back and fire off at will without actually providing a shred of your own thought. Instead, you pick line-by-line through a comprehensive counterargument and focus in on what you perceive to be fatal flaws without taking into account the entire body of thought. Again, I'm not surprised - people like you like their thoughts handed to them and don't display a lot of ability to think freely and objectively.

What part of my point about Democrats supposedly being "elitist" was based on nonsensical propaganda? Have you ever been outside of your little corner of the world to see that there are millions of people in this country who happen to vote Democrat but don't drive a Saab and drink soy milk? Go ahead and call me an elitist while you're picking apart this paragraph. I'll even give you some fodder: I'm smart, I've been outside the country, I speak a second language, I've interacted with cultures other than my own, and I'm far too educated. Heaven forbid I'd like the same in my leadership.

And, yes, my president is elite, by the true definition of the word. I'm not using the Glenn Beck/KAM version of the word that is a substitute for "uses big words and doesn't cowtow to the Christian Right."

Frankly, a conversation with a rock is more productive than this. Go ahead and pick apart this message line-by-line. It should keep you busy for a while.
    While it is true that trying to make sense of nonsense is time consuming, I'm gonna just go ahead and let you engage in whatever fantasy you've got going on, prompting this nonsensical response. Fact is--you parroted some talking points (badly outdated, which apparently you are unaware of) and I provided specific examples refuting the inaccuracy of your claims. I'm not sure why you fail to understand this, and I guess it really doesn't matter. I'm not going to spend time repeating it.

One hint--you might want to try less assumptions in your little "counterargument" as you generously refer to your statements here. Congratulating yourself for your brilliance, while projecting your petty accusations at me isn't an argument.

I'm not sure if you are serious here or having a joke on me, but if your example of education is what is on display here...well, then I certainly have nothing to fear from the "elite."

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    each of these little elitist gripes have been debunked ad nauseum. obviously debunking them with you would be a waste of time. you've made up your mind on sarah palin. that's your right, but you're wrong.
    Debunked or swept under the rug? OK, since you have no problem defending her, please tell me which of Palin's policies you approve of most...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  7. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Debunked or swept under the rug? OK, since you have no problem defending her, please tell me which of Palin's policies you approve of most...
    Did you think that perhaps Michel's "defense" of Palin isn't about agreement with a policy, but just borne out of disgust with these endless prattling attacks coming from leftists?

Perhaps he's just sick of the endless childishness that erupts from some people regarding someone who isn't even in office. Perhaps he's just sick of listening to this irrelevant crap, and hopes that someday it will stop, and thus states his opposition to these petty attacks.

KAM
    No, your practice of labeling anyone you disagree with as unintelligent is the joke that you delude yourselves with.
    So it is wrong to make fun of an elected official, who quit, just to cash in on making a living at doing nothing more that bashing our president?

Oh, but it is a president you do not like so it is OK... How hypocritical of ME...

I'm amazed at this display of Junior High level "damn the man" sort of thinking. "Anything with an .inc" after it? Seriously? Are you really so detatched from reality that you adhere to this outdated propaganda set?

KAM
    Please show me a resent republican policy that was for the good of the common person, that in no way benefited, or harmed, any form of industry or corporation...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

- H.L. Mencken
    Quote Originally Posted by cdritch24 View Post
    Dumb enough to get elected governor and chosen as a running mate for President, have a book on the best sellers list.

Damn I wish I was that dumb!
    And Bush was elected for a second term, what's your point? Yeah the stupid half elected him, same people who voted for airhead. Same people who believe in a flat Earth, Adam and Eve and the invisible man in the sky.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  10. KAM1138
    So it is wrong to make fun of an elected official, who quit, just to cash in on making a living at doing nothing more that bashing our president?

Oh, but it is a president you do not like so it is OK... How hypocritical of ME...
    So, you wish to emulate what you accuse Sarah Palin of then?

Please show me a resent republican policy that was for the good of the common person, that in no way benefited, or harmed, any form of industry or corporation...
    I'm not sure I can name ANY government policy that has been good for the common person. Let me address your premise however. Why should I buy into your mindset that insists on separating what is good for the 'common person' shouldn't or can't also be good for a business?

I don't share the belief that makes businesses into some sort of childish villain. I'm not a victim of marxist thinking. I find it interesting that people such as you whine about "corporations" while depending on them in so many ways--for things you need to live. Where does your food, fuel, entertainment, housing come from? I know that you have this desire to twist what is no more than a group of people (who make up corporations) into this dark little scapegoat for all of your hatred, but I reject that nonsense.

From what I've seen of your mindset (as evidenced in your posts) you have a very unrealistic view of the world and how it works--as such, it is very difficult to talk to you in a substantive way, given that your mindset is so...different.

KAM
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    That's America for ya. After all, this country was founded by a bunch of hyper-literate, highly verbal aristocrats. Ever read their stuff? Yuck, what a bunch of snobs.

As that commoner Harry Truman said, if Palin can't stand the heat, she can get out of the kitchen. My heart really bleeds for poor Sarah!
    I didn't catch where she was complaining. You guys seem to be doing all of the whining.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Kam,
    I find your smarmy replies to be objectionable. It's pretty typical for your ilk to sit back and fire off at will without actually providing a shred of your own thought.
    I find KAM1138's "remarks" to be reasonably well thought out. While he might come across a bit pretentious at times, this is not due to lack of reason or just plainly to "pick a fight" or discredit someone needlessly. Can you please clarify what you meant?

the tyrade continues ...
    people like you like their thoughts handed to them and don't display a lot of ability to think freely and objectively.
    Please provide some examples of how "people like him" do this, and also explain how you bucket people into such groups, and then please tell me how you feel about stereotyping and prejudice.
    I'm smart, I've been outside the country, I speak a second language, I've interacted with cultures other than my own, and I'm far too educated.
    So far you've only proven to me that you don't have problems with self confidence.

Heaven forbid I'd like the same in my leadership.
    If I used your standards of education and foreign awareness, I'd have to detest Jimmy Carter (which many people did, but unfairly). Carter was an honest man who restrained his pride and wished to build consensus, but was often incapable of achieving that in government. Level of education matters less than ability to comprehend issues and find ways to bring people together. I think Regan and Clinton come to mind as presidents who did this well. Obama seems to me to be a little like Carter (but with a higher likability factor and higher expectations going into office). He may fall into a lot of the same traps if he is not careful. I think Obama is pretty bright, but he's not a genius - and again high intelligence is less important for a leader than leadership qualities. Obama's leadership qualities still remain unproven. Like Carter, I want to give Obama a chance, but Obama needs to "lead" more than he has done so far in his fiirst term and take charge, and be critical of both parties if he truly wants to lead the country.

And, yes, my president is elite, by the true definition of the word.
    So what? Eliteists have problems leading too.

I'm not using the Glenn Beck/KAM version of the word that is a substitute for "uses big words and doesn't cowtow to the Christian Right."
    It's immature on your part to (once again) group people into a single class that you can so easily "hate". St. Paul hated Christians at one time in his life also (so you are in good company).

Frankly, a conversation with a rock is more productive than this.
    Do you remember the "pet rocks" from the '70's? Maybe we can get you one!

Go ahead and pick apart this message line-by-line. It should keep you busy for a while.
    Looks like I "unwittingly" did just that. Sometimes responding line by line can help to build understanding of an opposing viewpoint. (Noone likes talking to rocks.) I'm hoping to see your conversation "grow" (think "Chia Pet" instead of "rock".) Maybe I'm "butting in" too much here, but it's probably just the "Carter" in me wishing that people can learn to work together and see the good that exists in everyone.
    Last edited by sudoer; 02/10/2010 at 01:28 PM.
  13. KAM1138
    And Bush was elected for a second term, what's your point? Yeah the stupid half elected him, same people who voted for airhead. Same people who believe in a flat Earth, Adam and Eve and the invisible man in the sky.
    Against this blistering analysis, who could argue.

KAM
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I approve of her having the right to write crib notes wherever she wants, and would expect that the left would be mature enough to let it go.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  15. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    I find KAM1138's "remarks" to be reasonably well thought out. While he might come across a bit pretentious at times, this is not due to lack of reason or just plainly to "pick a fight" or discredit someone needlessly. Can you please clarify what you meant?
    You can call me KAM.

Pretentious! HOW DARE YOU?! I don't intend for that, but I do get disgusted at times.

KAM
    Did you think that perhaps Michel's "defense" of Palin isn't about agreement with a policy, but just borne out of disgust with these endless prattling attacks coming from leftists?
    Kinda like the "endless prattling attacks" coming from coming from the right against our current, wartime president?

Perhaps he's just sick of the endless childishness that erupts from some people regarding someone who isn't even in office.
    She is not in the office she was elected to because SHE QUIT!!!

Perhaps he's just sick of listening to this irrelevant crap, and hopes that someday it will stop, and thus states his opposition to these petty attacks.

KAM
    But all of the Obama bashing is relevant. Gotcha....

- H.L. Mencken
    I know this wasn't directed towards me, and again, as I've said before I'm not a huge fan of Palin's, but, I do like her stance on energy. She believes in using resources no matter where they are and I believe strongly in that. Of course, people think of the days where oil is gushing up in the air, but I happen to believe we can drill in places with very little damage....the technology is much improved since the early 1900's....it really is! So, there is just one policy of hers (though it is not just hers) that I like. Of course, listening to Obama at the GOP breakfast it appears that Obama is also onboard with nuclear energy, which Palin is also in favor of. I am anxiously awaiting Obama to push the nuclear programs that he apparently likes so much. Yet another example of how Obama says something, but doesn't really mean.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Against this blistering analysis, who could argue.

KAM
    Bwahaha, like there's a need for in dept analysis of the flat-earth crowd. Watching those yahoos make fools of themselves on tv is all the analysis anyone needs. Anyway glad you agreed.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  19. KAM1138
    Kinda like the "endless prattling attacks" coming from coming from the right against our current, wartime president?
    So, in your view is it or isn't it ok to "attack" a wartime President? Again--I'd really like to hear some consistency by leftists (not sure if you are one of them or not) who screamed about how their "dissent" was patriotic, and then decry someone attacking their favored "wartime President."

Perhaps you never said a bad word about President Bush while he was in office, and are completely consistent, but somehow I doubt that is the case.

She is not in the office she was elected to because SHE QUIT!!!
    And? Do you have a point to make or are you simply throwing out some meaningless fact?

But all of the Obama bashing is relevant. Gotcha....
    I'd appreciate it if you'd try to address what I say. I don't believe I was advocating "Obama bashing" so, why are you responding to me as if I did? This tactic is tiresome. If you've got nothing to say, please spare me responding to something from your imagination.

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I approve of her having the right to write crib notes wherever she wants, and would expect that the left would be mature enough to let it go.
    So she has the right to thrust herself into the media and public forums, no longer as an elected official, but as a private citizen, and nobody should call her out on anything that she does/says that is crazy?

- H.L. Mencken