Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sorry, but I think AC/DC's Highway to Hell is a much better and more vibrante song than Stairway to Heaven.
    Highway to hell has no soul like Stairway does.
    the things you miss when you don't bop in as often as usual ...

Sterling! your URL above has a comma! dam you!

I've become kinda "ehn" on Zeppelin. I used to be a big fan, and I had all of their official albums (on cassette ... this was long before I switched to CDs and subsequently became enamoured of the bootleg). I keep meaning to get the two box sets so I have the material on CD (other than Physical Graffiti anyway) but it's not that important since, as homer pointed out, there are two classic rock format stations in the area and I usually hear LZ three times a week. Also, the one really decent (note I did not say "good" -- that would denote that they are good all the time, instead of only the 50% or so they really are) radio station I can get runs them regularly too. They also run about two Frank Zappa songs a day (the afternoon DJ closes his show with FZ every weekday) which keeps me happy.

"Stairway" is okay by me. Dread Zeppelin (a reggae styled Zeppelin cover band with an Elvis impersonator as a frontman, for those in the dark) did a kick-*** cover in the late 80's which I like better. Rolf Harris, of "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport" fame, also did a cover, which frightens me ... but since I collect what I term "interesting" music I have a copy of the CD.

"Thunderstruck" is a much better song than "Highway to Hell."
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Originally posted by Keefer Lucas
    Satanic Influence in the 1970's = Elderly Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductee at the turn of the century.
    Headline for April 2, 2023 - Marilyn Manson was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame today during a rainy ceremony in Cleveland, cited for his influential music of the late 1990's. Manson was unable to attend the ceremony as he currently serving a 40-year prison sentence.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    I kinda lucked out on the radio station thing around here. When I listen, NCSU has a pretty decent radio station, but in an effort to encompass every style, they sometimes lose my interest.

...sorry about the URL, Yorick. First no consulting fee, now this.....
    See, that's why I never punctuate after an URL. Just too must trouble to do the "[/URL]," stuff.
    Rolf Harris, of "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport" fame, also did a cover,
    Of course, the BEST cover is John Paul Young's lounge-act rendition of Stairway...
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Originally posted by homer
    Of course, the BEST cover is John Paul Young's lounge-act rendition of Stairway...
    Nope, Dash Rip Rock's Stairway to Freebird.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I always thought "Gilligan's Island Stairway" was the best variation ...
    'course, I'm a Gilligan's Island fanatic, so what do I know ...
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  10.    #30  
    Originally posted by volcanopele

Headline for April 2, 2023 - Marilyn Manson was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame today during a rainy ceremony in Cleveland, cited for his influential music of the late 1990's. Manson was unable to attend the ceremony as he currently serving a 40-year prison sentence.

Jason
    "Manson cited among his innfluences the Late Boy George and Pete Burns, lead singer of the group Dead or Alive..."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12