Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    The commercial isnt about Tim Tebow's football talent, but how he and his mother are grateful that they didnt listen to the doctor who told them to have an abortion when she was pregnant with Tim. Its a 'Look at the miracle that happened when you dont abort!" Sure, you can feel the Christian roots that Focus on the Family (the sponsor) has on the commercial, but it didnt matter that Tim grew up to be the most hated-yet-respected college football player of all time or not...he's alive versus the alternative if she wouldve aborted.

By the way, you know what they say about haters....you've officially made it when you have them! Keep telling him he wont do it...It seems as though he has thrived from it!
  2.    #42  
    sudoer lol you're funny prolly the best guy on here yeah this whole thread was really a waste of time to see some flames many can understand the entertainment.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    The commercial isnt about Tim Tebow's football talent, but how he and his mother are grateful that they didnt listen to the doctor who told them to have an abortion when she was pregnant with Tim. Its a 'Look at the miracle that happened when you dont abort!" Sure, you can feel the Christian roots that Focus on the Family (the sponsor) has on the commercial, but it didnt matter that Tim grew up to be the most hated-yet-respected college football player of all time or not...he's alive versus the alternative if she wouldve aborted.

By the way, you know what they say about haters....you've officially made it when you have them! Keep telling him he wont do it...It seems as though he has thrived from it!
    Hmmm good point I'm impressed see now this thread is getting some smart people for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by noxaj2 View Post
    sudoer lol you're funny prolly the best guy on here yeah this whole thread was really a waste of time to see some flames many can understand the entertainment.
    Yeah, I can tell you and I are totally different kinds of people, but I think your love of football is cool. Lots of people will be POed about the commercial for various reasons. It's purpose is to make people think a bit. There will be good football afterward so it shouldn't bug people for too long!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Yeah, I can tell you and I are totally different kinds of people, but I think your love of football is cool. Lots of people will be POed about the commercial for various reasons. It's purpose is to make people think a bit. There will be good football afterward so it shouldn't bug people for too long!
    Ha thanks it's for good purposes for different peoples opinion which is good
    Quote Originally Posted by noxaj2 View Post
    Yeah last night sucked for Tennesee I love Tennesee and they lost to freaking Vandy
    Hey Jethro. Since I'm a Vandy and a Florida fan, I guess you're not too happy about anything these days, are you? Lane had the right idea...it's a lot better when your fans have their real teeth and know how to spell the name of the state they live in. Amazing how Vandy grads can actually do that.

Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Hey Jethro. Since I'm a Vandy and a Florida fan, I guess you're not too happy about anything these days, are you? Lane had the right idea...it's a lot better when your fans have their real teeth and know how to spell the name of the state they live in. Amazing how Vandy grads can actually do that.
    I was wondering when this Topic would get the attention of Davidra....don't be messing with Tebow when davidra is around!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    He's a positive image.
    -0 you would post a retaliation thread. That is pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by lsuinhouston View Post
    He's a positive image.
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by renaldobenjamin View Post
    -0 you would post a retaliation thread. That is pathetic.
    yes you are.

And obviously bad at math too. -0? really?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post

Yep...it's really great that she had a choice...right?
    Yep...it's really great that she had a choice...right?
    And has a choice for quite some time in this country. Are we overturning Roe V Wade? No.
    And "choice" usually means abortion and you know it.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    And has a choice for quite some time in this country. Are we overturning Roe V Wade? No.
    And "choice" usually means abortion and you know it.
    We only have it because of progressives who have fought tooth and nail to keep the right wing bible-thumpers out of a woman's right to choose. And unless we watch out, it will be overturned, against the will of the majority.
    Htf is Tim Tebow?
    We only have it because of progressives who have fought tooth and nail to keep the right wing bible-thumpers out of a woman's right to choose. And unless we watch out, it will be overturned, against the will of the majority.
    Choose what? ("Right to choose" makes it sound like a choice between chocolate or vanilla ice cream. Minimally this should be an "informed choice".) The choice should really be one about choosing a vocation and a mate before even engaging in sexual intercourse. Those who choose parenthood as part of their vocation should accept that nature intends procreation as a consequence of such acts. Our society sort of takes a "better living through science" approach here which it seems has reduced our ability to remain disciplined people.

EDIT: In other words:
    if you like it better put a ring on it

Your "right wing bible-thumpers" comment clearly shows an unhealthy prejudice and lack of tolerance on your part. Not all Judeau-Christians fit the mold you are stereotyping them into and many would find your "sorting criteria" of fellow citizens in a democracy to be both shallow and uninformed (on both patriotic and religious fronts).

You really ought to dispense with the "we vs. them" attitude you have and accept that in a democracy opposing ideas, carefully considered, often lead to a better society as a whole.
    Last edited by sudoer; 02/01/2010 at 11:05 AM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Tebow is a good kid....no doubt about that. His problem is he suffered from over exposure....kind of like Obama. You just get tired of see the guy on TV (both Tebow and Obama). Then, when it's time to impress everyone he totally stinks it up in that Saturday All Star game, what 2 fumbles and really lousy passing. I'm just glad the guy is leaving the college stage....4 years of listening to people talk about him is enough. Hopefully 4 years is all we will have to listen to people talk about Obama.

As for the "controversial" commercial. Not sure what the big deal is. Maybe when I see the commercial I will see if there is anything controversial. As far as I can tell, it's about a kid who is happy his Mom had him despite the recommendations to end his life early. Seems like anyone would be happy about that.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Go Gators!!!!
  19.    #59  
    Yeah to all the people that stood up for Tebow and said he doesn't suck your mouths must have been when or if you even seen the Senior Bowl Tebow played against only Seniors just imagine him in the pros yeah he'll make a great 3rd string FB.
    I'm a Wolverine fan through and through. That being said, you cannot discount what Tebow has accomplished as a player on the collegiate level. Kid was a a beast, and did it with class..

That being said, if Dan LeFervre went to Florida, and Tebow had gone to CMU, Lefevre would be all the rage.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast