Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You gonna get one?

Live from the Apple 'latest creation' event -- Engadget

Looks like a giant Iphone.....

Shocker....... but no Flash!
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 01/27/2010 at 12:21 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    You mean the new giant iPhone?

No thanks, I'd rather have a real tablet, running a real OS, where I don't have to rely on a giant onscreen keyboard to input, and instead can use handwriting recognition.

Note that the event is just starting, so maybe I'll have to eat my words, but we'll see.
    Apple's new women's hygiene product?
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I see what you did there ...
    I had high hopes for today but this looks terrible to me. So far it looks like it wont multitask. Real downer...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    You have to admit it's beautiful--it's just too expensive.

I'm predicting it will dominate all the ebook readers and netbooks out there.
    no more so than an iphone. It's just bigger.

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by orlando_c View Post
    I had high hopes for today but this looks terrible to me. So far it looks like it wont multitask. Real downer...
    You still might see that.... Its running OSX so a new version should be announced today

FAIL! The iphone xL ... theres nothing great about this thing. Its really just another tablet with a iphone os wow : (
    No Flash? That's definitely not a full rich internet browsing experience to me. if I am going to be caring a big slab around it better be able to accesses the web like a lap top.
    Its gonna be so funny when i see the apple fans with one of these trying to listen to music LOL!
  11.    #11  
    Seriously, can their engineers make anything that doesn't look like something they already make?

Nice battery life, non removable I'm sure.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Should be less than the macbook. I'm interested if it goes below 700. I'm hoping for ASUS to release something that could best this.

I gotta ask, what are the chances of palm releasing their own type of tablet!?
    I can see it work nicely with cards.
  13. KAM1138
    Hello Everyone,

Wow, bowl me over with a feather.

I suspect this will be like most apple devices--a cute repackaging of something someone else has already done, with inordinate amounts of hype added in order to make it a "must have" amongst the hipsters or tech junkies.

That's fine--more power to them.

Did you say that comment "Magical and Revolutionary" MAGICAL! Jobs is a WITCH!!!

KAM
  14. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Seriously, can their engineers make anything that doesn't look like something they already make?
    I'm sure its all part of their branding strategy or some other such business.

KAM

I don't think it will. The true readers out there will stick with the Kindles and Nooks and primarily because they use eInk. The iPad or any other tablet or netbook, iPhone, Pre, etc just don't really cut it as readers because people can't stand staring a screen that emits light for prolonged periods of time. Eyestrain is a ***** and at the end of the day, my eyes are tired from staring at my monitors all day long. I'm not about to spend my free time staring at another screen that is not comfortable on my senses.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    With a clean and fresh scent of apple!
  17.    #17  
    we built the iPad to run virtually EVERY app unmodified out of the box
    What can't it run? Would it be fun to use the accelerometer on a screen that big? IDK....

id consider getting one if its cheaper than a 1000$ off a cell contract. Although, it would still be a hard buy for me since knowing apple, there will probably be a new one a year after release thats 2 times better and cheaper.
    I live in NY and have never seen anyone useing a table except the ups guy. I dont think palm should make one. I dont think anyone should lol. Its a device thats awkward for everything.

Not if the price is ridiculous. This comes across as something that only die-hard Apple fans will buy. With this product, it seems as if Apple is running out of fresh ideas. It's hard to top the iphone. Better luck next year Apple.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast