Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    what person walks around with 10 inch sized pockets to store this in? or maybe the will come out with the iholster to hold it onto a belt. this company is ridiculous. iphone was nice and it helped development of phones like pre, but at this point they are just beating a dead horse. what kinda ******* wants to put this on a table and look down at the screen while you try to type? there is a reason why laptops/netbooks are L shaped, and that is for viewable input. the only way this will succeed is if their apple loyalists buy it for the sole purpose of having another apple product
    wow, 130 bucks for a GSM radio addition! Lol
    No thanks, this thing will fail!! Mark my words!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Lets see, an 11" netbook with NVIDIA ION2 and Pinetrail doing HD video, actual decent PC Games, a full keyboard, a browswer that actually has flash, with almost 4 times more storage space than the 64MB version....and you could probalby have it with 3G for 300 bucks less.

Yeah, sorry, iPass
    Maybe they have ipants with 10inch pockets?
  5.    #65  
    New Name: Ipass
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Guys it's a good deal.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Engaget just said its not the magical to them and they are super apple fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    New Name: Ipass
    +1
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    You know its bad when you have the relatively big Apple fans at Engadget essentially going "meh" to your new revolutionary device
    They shouldve went smaller. Like a 6inch with a phone. wouldve been better idea i think dell just did it though.
    "No word on multitasking or notifications"

Ouch.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    no mention of multi tasking! They should have licenses WebOS from Palm lol.
    It doubles at a digital picture frame.

I've actually been intrigued by tablets over the years (I even owned a couple of Newtons back in the day) because I have to interview people for my job all the time, and I hate the idea of typing while I'm talking to somebody. It's a bit surprising that they've abandoned the direction they went with the Newton (in its last iterations, the HWR was pretty stunning, but they couldn't get the message out through all the previous bad press) and that most other tablets have taken, since some sort of HWR or eInk seems to be one of the main features of a device like this for my purposes. There's no way you won't have to stare at that thing while you type, even with the best on-screen keyboard on Earth.

After years of looking at solutions for what is admittedly a niche application, I finally, and very happily, settled on a niche product: the Livescribe Pulse pen, which is a pretty amazing device, and perfect for my needs. Best of the paper world, best of the digital world all in one. Then I use my Pre for everything else.

Livescribe :: Never Miss A Word

BTW, because it's frequently misunderstood, I should say that the whole thing about the Livescribe is not that it records audio, but that it correlates that audio with whatever you write, giving you random-access to interviews, meeting notes, etc. I can write a single word as a note in the middle of a 30-minute interview, and later just touch that word in the notebook (or click it on screen, once I upload), and it brings me right to the part of the interview where the person was saying those words. (It even accounts for the little lag it take for you to have begun writing--pretty cool.)

I know this is OT, but thought people might be interested.
    I think somethine like this really needs a front facing camera and multitasking to be a success.
    This could be so much more running a light version of Mac OS.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    "The iPad is the most advanced piece of tech that I've ever worked on at Apple."

That's kind of sad Steve, since its an iPod Touch in case that looks like it ate a Mario Mushroom
    sucks i've been waiting for this for a while. Big let down for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Lets see, an 11" netbook with NVIDIA ION2 and Pinetrail doing HD video, actual decent PC Games, a full keyboard, a browswer that actually has flash, with almost 4 times more storage space than the 64MB version....and you could probalby have it with 3G for 300 bucks less.

Yeah, sorry, iPass
    I really don't see why someone doesn't take Ion and Atom, or Pinetrail, and make a 8-10" tablet running windows 7 and with capacitive touch, and pen input. Could probably have that for 500-600, plus use any bluetooth keyboard/mouse with it if you needed that.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterj3033 View Post
    I think somethine like this really needs a front facing camera and multitasking to be a success.
    I just don't get why they ignored these....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.