Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. jwinn35's Avatar
    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #21  
    I saw avatar and am ****ed. I figuered you know they have the toys in the kids meals. The games and toys at the retail spots. It should be alright to take my 9 and 6 year old cause of course with all the advertisement they couldn't not want to see it. And what do I get for all that money(me wife and 2 kids, so you do the math), a 2 and half hour blue alien nipple fest. Areola area if they block it out. That was just so frustrating I hate when movies do this. Add something that would offend people that has absolutely nothing to do with the movie. They could have kept em clothed and no body would have gave a darn. That is unless you got some sick blue alien fetish. Don't even get me started on the liberal propaganda that went on. I felt like I was being brainwashed around my kids. I mean come on the marines being portrayed as some lunatic murdering machines being slaughtered by the poor aliens we invaded for money. It's a shame movies like this even hit the market but hey this is america and that's why they can do it. It makes no since to make a movie that cost more than anyother movie ever about how america is money hungry, and doing it for a huge amount of profit. I almost felt like puking when I came out. I only stayed just hoping that it would at some point turn into atleast a decent movie and it never did.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    I saw avatar and am ****ed. I figuered you know they have the toys in the kids meals. The games and toys at the retail spots. It should be alright to take my 9 and 6 year old cause of course with all the advertisement they couldn't not want to see it. And what do I get for all that money(me wife and 2 kids, so you do the math), a 2 and half hour blue alien nipple fest. Areola area if they block it out. That was just so frustrating I hate when movies do this. Add something that would offend people that has absolutely nothing to do with the movie. They could have kept em clothed and no body would have gave a darn. That is unless you got some sick blue alien fetish. Don't even get me started on the liberal propaganda that went on. I felt like I was being brainwashed around my kids. I mean come on the marines being portrayed as some lunatic murdering machines being slaughtered by the poor aliens we invaded for money. It's a shame movies like this even hit the market but hey this is america and that's why they can do it. It makes no since to make a movie that cost more than anyother movie ever about how america is money hungry, and doing it for a huge amount of profit. I almost felt like puking when I came out. I only stayed just hoping that it would at some point turn into atleast a decent movie and it never did.
    Wow. Don't know how you missed the overdone plot of taking the natives' land before choosing to see it. It's exactly why I chose NOT to see it and I'm considered a Liberal around these parts.

    Now if more attention was paid to those areolas, then I would have gone to see it to feed my sick, blue alien fetish.
  3. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Wow. Don't know how you missed the overdone plot of taking the natives' land before choosing to see it. It's exactly why I chose NOT to see it and I'm considered a Liberal around these parts.

    Now if more attention was paid to those areolas, then I would have gone to see it to feed my sick, blue alien fetish.
    Someone explain to me please how this sort of movie does not influence how the rest of the world sees the US.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Someone explain to me please how this sort of movie does not influence how the rest of the world sees the US.
    Huh?

  5. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Someone explain to me please how this sort of movie does not influence how the rest of the world sees the US.
    They influence how the US sees the US. Sad to say, but between the ivory tower elite who actually believe that way about the US and the uneducated who get their views from movies and television, there are a lot of people who think the way Mr. Cameron does.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    They influence how the US sees the US. Sad to say, but between the ivory tower elite who actually believe that way about the US and the uneducated who get their views from movies and television, there are a lot of people who think the way Mr. Cameron does.
    Um, taking the natives' land is by NO MEANS exclusive to the U.S. There are plenty of others in that group.
  7. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Um, taking the natives' land is by NO MEANS exclusive to the U.S. There are plenty of others in that group.
    Sure.... I guess. But I thought it was direct nod to the "Bush went to Iraq for Oil" crowd. And the shades of Haliburton were all over it. You can't tell me that those were not direct knock-off's of US grunts (was that a double negative?).

    Maybe I'm overreacting.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  8. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Um, taking the natives' land is by NO MEANS exclusive to the U.S. There are plenty of others in that group.
    You're preaching to the choir. But to portray such a one-sided view of history as Hollywood is want to do certainly colors people's perspectives (at least in my experience).
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    You're preaching to the choir. But to portray such a one-sided view of history as Hollywood is want to do certainly colors people's perspectives (at least in my experience).
    Well, there's no "coloring" actual history. There was a fair amount of brutality by the english, french, dutch, spanish, and so on and so on...

    All of which could easily fit in the part of robo-exoskeleton drivers shooting all those slender blue areola exposing natives.
  10. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #30  
    I don't remember seeing nipples or areolas. Believe me, I would remember seeing them. And those marines? They were ex-military turned mercenaries. I'm not defending the movie, just saying.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  11. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    All of which could easily fit in the part of robo-exoskeleton drivers shooting all those slender blue areola exposing natives.
    Who, by the way, lived in absolute harmony with nature and each other in the perfect anti-Western utopia before the white man came along. There is plenty of coloring of history.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions