Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    The problem with health care in this country is that too few individuals are paying for it. If there was no such thing as health insurance, I can guarantee that the cost of most medical procedures would only be 10-50% of what they cost today.

I have been blessed with very good genes and good luck and have rarely needed any sort of medical help (said sipping my Cherry Coke). However, I learned how royally screwed up the system is when my child was born. It was amazing how fast people wanted to spend money on things that weren't necessary, and who was I to stop them? It's all covered! Try to ask someone what something costs....no one knows, they just put it on your tab....let the insurance company sort everything out later. Hey, you need to rent a medical device? We'll have it delivered to your door! Don't worry, it's covered! Then, when you see the bill for said device...WOW. It cost how much to rent something that didn't take $30 to manufacturer? It's all just one big money grab and no one complains....why? Because it's covered and someone else paid for it!!

The solution is NOT, however, to let the government take over heath care. The government does not, and cannot run ANYTHING efficiently. It is already too big. All the procedure costs will end up remaining the same, the overhead will go up, and when the money runs out (like it does with EVERY government program) they will simply start reducing benefits and rationing care.

No thank you.
    Well....it does appear that the proposed Healthcare bills are "dead". Thank goodness. Now.....let's see if the dems have learned and will try and include the Republicans in the process. We all, or at least most of us, agree healthcare reform is needed. But let's concentrate on what will get people covered and what will help with the costs rather than just saying we need a government plan. I think it is quite apparent the American people do not believe that a government plan is the way....but have the dems really gotten that through their heads?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  3. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Well....it does appear that the proposed Healthcare bills are "dead". Thank goodness. Now.....let's see if the dems have learned and will try and include the Republicans in the process. We all, or at least most of us, agree healthcare reform is needed. But let's concentrate on what will get people covered and what will help with the costs rather than just saying we need a government plan. I think it is quite apparent the American people do not believe that a government plan is the way....but have the dems really gotten that through their heads?
    I wouldn't be too quick to declare this dead. Certain Democrats (their leadership) have too much riding on this. They aren't about to just give up on the biggest political grab they've yet envisioned.

It does appear some more pragmatic minds have said "Don't run us off the cliff" however, but I'm sure they are just retooling and looking for another opportunity to push this through--or whatever even further mangled version they can get.

It has become clear--what they do really isn't important--they are willing to pass any piece of garbage. They need something they can call a "win"--at least in their minds that's what they need. I think it is because they are facing a revolt from their own left--their base that they need to pander to.

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Unfortunately, you don't get it... MA already has healthcare... lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Unfortunately, you don't get it... MA already has healthcare... lol
    Oh I get it.....and yes, I know that MA has a health plan. They see the problems with a plan like they have and realize it isn't best for the country. In addition, they (MA residents) didn't like all the deals in the proposed plan for other states that everyone else would be paying for. The fact that Brown ran on voting against it was a clear sign that the voters of Mass definitely got it.

Bottom line....we can have a plan that will accomplish what is needed and do it with both parties involved. I clearly get that.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123