Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 181
  1.    #1  
    Looks like Massachusetts is going to vote in the republican which would in turn lower their count to 59. Lot's of implications here
  2. spikea4's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    #2  
    Well, I hope you are right. The only thing is, they haven't voted a republican in about 60 years! Kennedy killed a women in a car accident and didn't report it till the next day. He still won!
  3. #3  
    I live in Mass and I see the republican winning. The Democrat that they chose to run here is an ***** and noone seems to know what her stance on anything is because ALL of her ads were just negative towards the Republican....I voted Republican for the first time....ever. (registered independent)
  4. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerzwyld77 View Post
    I live in Mass and I see the republican winning. The Democrat that they chose to run here is an ***** and noone seems to know what her stance on anything is because ALL of her ads were just negative towards the Republican....I voted Republican for the first time....ever. (registered independent)
    Thanks for being an independent thinker.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  5. #5  
    No way does Ted Kennedy's seat go to a Republican. I predict Coakley win by a comfortable margin.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  6. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    No way does Ted Kennedy's seat go to a Republican. I predict Coakley win by a comfortable margin.
    Ted Kennedy's dead. And it was never "his" seat.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    No way does Ted Kennedy's seat go to a Republican. I predict Coakley win by a comfortable margin.
    You may be right but that is NOT the buzz I have been hearing. And it is definitely possible..There are ALOT of older people (and young people)who are scared to death of Obamas health bill. She may win, but I dont see it as you do at all.
  8. #8  
    P.S....early reports are Coakley DOWN by 10 points. Good luck with that theory tho
  9. #9  
    +1 to independent thinkers. Vote your conscience.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerzwyld77 View Post
    P.S....early reports are Coakley DOWN by 10 points. Good luck with that theory tho
    Not sure where "early reports" would be from, considering that no one is releasing exit polls.

    Whether or not Coakley wins, the true problem here for Democrats is that because of the arcane U.S. Senate rules, that don't even require a fillibustering Senator to actually fillibuster, one needs a 60-vote majority to bring a measure to a vote that only requires 51 votes (or 50 plus the Vice President's tie-breaker). That's ridiculous, it flies in the face of the stated intention of the Constitution, and while I know neither party wants to change the rule when it's in power so that it can use it when it's not, it's time for that rule to be consigned to the same dustbin of history as the 3/5ths compromise and other anti-democratic (with a small d) Congressional agreements. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  11. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #11  
    I predict Coakley won't win because she's got no rock star's coattails to ride. She ran a year too late. I also predict, if I may be so bold, that this is a small sign of what will come later this year as responsible voters take back the polls.
  12. #12  
    Got that info from MA Senate Election Day Links: Coakley reportedly down 10, the finger-pointing begins and more | Breaking News - MassLive.com -

    So thats what I was going on...exit polls Im sure which dont mean much but I just used it to state a point that there IS a way for Kennedys old seat to go to a Republican
  13. #13  
    never ^^^
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    never ^^^

    HAHAHAHAHAHA....ummmm, OK. I guess we will see
  15. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #15  
    "The Scott Heard Round the World"
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  16. nthimage's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #16  
    It's not Kennedy's seat. It is the people's seat. Those who sit in it should never stay longer than 2 terms!
  17. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by nthimage View Post
    It's not Kennedy's seat. It is the people's seat. Those who sit in it should never stay longer than 2 terms!
    Another joker who actually believes that average people have the capacity to govern themselves.
  18. nthimage's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Another joker who actually believes that average people have the capacity to govern themselves.
    No, I am a believer in the Republic which isn't self governance, but governance through representative government. There is a huge difference
  19. spikea4's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Another joker who actually believes that average people have the capacity to govern themselves.
    Umm...that's the founding of America! The people ruled by it's government is called socializim. The problem with this country is people who think like you. If you think that ower government would be any diffrent , then the ones through history, your crazy. The more power we give ower government, the more freedoms we loss. I can't even paint my house the color I want, with out the ok of my local government! Now, tell the truth....does that sound like a free country to you?
  20. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by nthimage View Post
    No, I am a believer in the Republic which isn't self governance, but governance through representative government. There is a huge difference
    My point was more that the people would be represented by their peers rather than career politicians. But, your point of clarification stands.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions