Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    So we can drop the housing issue blame game, here is a stating in 2003. It was taken off Youtube in the US and maintained on a Canada server. By the way it has come back as of late to Youtube USA.
    Oh no--that's all a lie--didn't you see, it was on Fox News.

I blame government in a broad sense for this, but let's note something specific here in reference to McCain's proposed Legislation. "All of the Democrats voted against it."

So, while there is plenty of blame to go around with Fannie and Freddie, let's not pretend that Democrats were some champions of Reform or Regulation--where it would have actually helped avert this major cause of the Recession.

It's funny how propaganda can work--to turn around and benefit those who are at least as guilty as those being blamed. Congratulations on a Very successful lie campaign Dems--this one worked great.

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    The population was convinced that it was an unnecessary mistake sure. That doesn't mean it is an accurate assessment, or that Democrats didn't endanger our troops in order to score political gains, but issuing endless declarations of failure, encouraging our enemies to continue to fight instead of realizing they couldn't win (like they ultimately did).

That's great that you support fighting Terrorism at least in Afghanistan, and considering the war in Iraq is now won (whether Iraq succeeds as a country is now really not something the military can insure), that's not much of a stretch. I think at this point refocusing on Afghanistan is a good plan, and I'm happy that President Obama eventually committed to that--at least to a high degree and for at least 1.5 years.

KAM
    Wow. There really are people that still cling to the fantasy that there was a need to invade Iraq. Amazing.
  3. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Wow. There really are people that still cling to the fantasy that there was a need to invade Iraq. Amazing.
    Fantasy? What's fantastical about my view of Iraq? Or are you just getting on your high horse?

Of course, it could be contained in your wording there--that there was a "NEED." Was there a NEED to invade Afghanistan? Did I say we NEEDED to Invade Iraq, or are you just distorting what I said. I'd prefer you stick to what I actually say, than mis-characterizing my posts.

In short--I think Regime Change in Iraq was a policy that made sense. So did numerous high profile democrats (and in fact the majority of the Congress). the only difference between me and them is that I'm not a coward running from my views like they are, or using it to play to their favored crowd, but of course, I'm not a politician.

Of course, many of these cowards are for something, when all there is to do is talk. They have no desire to actually be responsible for anything--like a President must be.

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    In short--I think Regime Change in Iraq was a policy that made sense. So did numerous high profile democrats (and in fact the majority of the Congress).
    And in fact that turned out not to be the case and the People rewarded congress with an ouster.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Um not quite. The Dems rode to a super majority on a botched unnecessary invasion/occupation and the allowed collapse of the housing market.
    Yet they so quickly turn back to the party that supposedly presided over those calamities? Not likely.

Either you're right, which means the Democrats are so bad that the voters turned their backs on them after only a few months. Or I'm right and the voters, the responsible Center-Right populace of this country, are taking back the polls after an election year anomaly.
    Need? I don't mind admitting it was a desire to invade Iraq. Getting rid of Hussein (not Obama, the other one) was an amazingly good thing. Can you imagine if we were dealing with Ahmadinejad, Hussein, Kim Jong, and Afghanistan? Holy cow. In my opinion, the more nuts we can get rid of over there, the better off we and the world are. Oh sure, when one crazy nut is killed another replaces him, but let's just keep getting rid of them. The mistake the liberals make is the thought that if we just leave them (terrorist nut jobs) alone and kiss their a*#, they will suddenly not want to kill us anymore. And that is simply not the case. It's kill or be killed. I would rather have trained military folks killing them over on their turf versus civilians getting blown up on our own turf. Argue all you want, despite the fact that we will get hit hard over here at some point, we are safer having gone into Iraq and for having rid the world of Hussein and his thugs.

Need? What a typical wimpy liberal comment.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Yet they so quickly turn back to the party that supposedly presided over those calamities? Not likely.
    You're extrapolating Mass to a Nationwide election and I don't think you can do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Need? I don't mind admitting it was a desire to invade Iraq. Getting rid of Hussein (not Obama, the other one) was an amazingly good thing. Can you imagine if we were dealing with Ahmadinejad, Hussein, Kim Jong, and Afghanistan? Holy cow. In my opinion, the more nuts we can get rid of over there, the better off we and the world are. Oh sure, when one crazy nut is killed another replaces him, but let's just keep getting rid of them. The mistake the liberals make is the thought that if we just leave them (terrorist nut jobs) alone and kiss their a*#, they will suddenly not want to kill us anymore. And that is simply not the case. It's kill or be killed. I would rather have trained military folks killing them over on their turf versus civilians getting blown up on our own turf. Argue all you want, despite the fact that we will get hit hard over here at some point, we are safer having gone into Iraq and for having rid the world of Hussein and his thugs.
    You really have no idea what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    You're extrapolating Mass to a Nationwide election and I don't think you can do that.
    You're right. The national will be much harder on the Democrats than Mass.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    You're right. The national will be much harder on the Democrats than Mass.
    Possibly, however there's a lot of water to run under that bridge before November.

Just a turnaround in unemployment would shift the mood.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Typical uniformed conservative comment--continuing to mix up the terrorist attacks with Iraq,

There weren't any "terrorist nut jobs" in Iraq who wanted to kill us...

Life better without Hussein? Iraq could explode into civil war; Iran is becoming more dominant in the Middle East--Hussein kept a lid on all this stuff. Life was BETTER for America WITH Hussein.
    Careful, that's a nuanced concept and does not fit on a bumper sticker therefore cannot be reality.
    You really have no idea what you are talking about.
    No....you simply refuse to face the truth and prefer to think like a naive liberal. But then again, I'm sure your precious Obama (the queen of naivite) could have sat down with Hussein and convinced him to play nice. Hussein was planning on beginning his WMD program, he is quoted as saying that. Better we took care of him before that got going again.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Voters only have two choices. Voters also have very short memories. People turned to whomever wasn't the incumbent (or associated with the incumbent party, in MA's case.
    Translation: voters aren't as smart as I am. Sorry, I just don't buy it.

Considering that the Republicans haven't offered ANY solutions to the economic crisis or the health crisis, the voters aren't turning to Republicans for their ideas.
    If that's true then they must think any idea that Republicans may get is better than the ones Democrats already have.
    Voters only have two choices. Voters also have very short memories. People turned to whomever wasn't the incumbent (or associated with the incumbent party, in MA's case.

Considering that the Republicans haven't offered ANY solutions to the economic crisis or the health crisis, the voters aren't turning to Republicans for their ideas.

"Taking back the polls" is just hopeful conservative gibberish. When the Repubs show they are also incapable of making positive change, voters will go right back...and forth.
    That's why the Dems need to ignore this "arrogance" crap trying to be sold by the Repugs and take the Health Care to reconciliation and produce REAL Health Care reform which isn't a giveaway to insurance companies. Then people will realize which party is getting the job done for them.
    Typical uniformed conservative comment--continuing to mix up the terrorist attacks with Iraq,

There weren't any "terrorist nut jobs" in Iraq who wanted to kill us...

Life better without Hussein? Iraq could explode into civil war; Iran is becoming more dominant in the Middle East--Hussein kept a lid on all this stuff. Life was BETTER for America WITH Hussein.
    Start dealing in reality.....typical naive liberals. Lets just talk to him. And yes, terrorist nut jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    hussein was planning on beginning his wmd program, he is quoted as saying that. Better we took care of him before that got going again.
    bwahahahahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's why the Dems need to ignore this "arrogance" crap trying to be sold by the Repugs and take the Health Care to reconciliation and produce REAL Health Care reform which isn't a giveaway to insurance companies. Then people will realize which party is getting the job done for them.
    What democrats need to realize is the PEOPLE don't want this leftist liberal crap. You liberals are so intent on your agenda and now you are freaking out because the PEOPLE are figuring out Obama and his real agenda. Obama's lies can only last so long.

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Actually, Mass, being the state with the health care system closest to what the Democrats are trying to push, is in a unique place to speak for the nation. They spoke and it doesn't appear they like the "job" Democrats are trying to get done.
    It's medicine time, Clemgrad. Too many erroneous thoughts in one paragraph can be dangerous...
    The only medicine being delivered was last night. Whoohoooo! Love it. By the way, you think we can get Obama to help out more democrats this Fall? Please? I think Obama should go out there with all candidates, don't you? ROFL

huh?
    what?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast