Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 181
  1. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Umm...that's the founding of America! The people ruled by it's government is called socializim. The problem with this country is people who think like you. If you think that ower government would be any diffrent , then the ones through history, your crazy. The more power we give ower government, the more freedoms we loss. I can't even paint my house the color I want, with out the ok of my local government! Now, tell the truth....does that sound like a free country to you?
    I guess the sarcasm of my previous post was a bit too subtle.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I guess the sarcasm of my previous post was a bit too subtle.
    You need to post the sarcastic pants.

    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  3. #23  
    Just heard on the radio that Coakleys camp is already claiming "voting irregularities".
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Just heard on the radio that Coakleys camp is already claiming "voting irregularities".
    ... Politicians always say the same thing when they "suprisingly" lose... it couldn't possibly be that you ran a crappy campaign or that your ideas stink.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    ... Politicians always say the same thing when they "suprisingly" lose... it couldn't possibly be that you ran a crappy campaign or that your ideas stink.
    But Democrats deserve to win. Losing must be the result of cheating by the opponent.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    ... Politicians always say the same thing when they "suprisingly" lose... it couldn't possibly be that you ran a crappy campaign or that your ideas stink.
    EXACTLY...she is going to lose because noone knows what the hell she stands for except that she can badmouth Brown
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerzwyld77 View Post
    EXACTLY...she is going to lose because noone knows what the hell she stands for except that she can badmouth Brown
    Which for dems is a pretty consistent platform.

    Not saying republicans dont do the same.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Which for dems is a pretty consistent platform.

    Not saying republicans dont do the same.
    I can agree that both sides are definitely know for this but it just doesnt seem that way (to me at least, and again, I have been a Mass resident all my life) in this election. I have been paying attention to both sides for awhile now and I see nothing but negative coming from Coakley and I have not seen anything (although its prob out there somewhere) coming from the Brown camp. I say kudos to them, its probably going to help them make some history tonight.
  9. #29  
    This is somehow bush's fault, or haliburton...wait no diebold!
  10. #30  
    Funny that the memo that stated "voting irregularities" was dated yesterday... oops I guess the Dems are worried about loosing
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerzwyld77 View Post
    I live in Mass and I see the republican winning. The Democrat that they chose to run here is an ***** and noone seems to know what her stance on anything is because ALL of her ads were just negative towards the Republican....I voted Republican for the first time....ever. (registered independent)
    Out of simple curiosity. Why did you vote Republican for the first time with this candidate in particular? Why not just not vote for neither candidate? Or write in a candidate that you feel is better? My only thought is, you must feel pretty strongly about Republicans to have never voted for one......ever. Is this Republican candidate that much better than every single one before him/her? Again, no ill will here, just curious. I hate the "two party" system, and would rather show my allegiance to my independence, than to simply vote for someone, "because thats all there was". I'm sure somebody MUCH smarter than me would agree, and could possible illustrate my point better.
    Last edited by dingwall1; 01/19/2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Umm...that's the founding of America! The people ruled by it's government is called socializim. The problem with this country is people who think like you. If you think that ower government would be any diffrent , then the ones through history, your crazy. The more power we give ower government, the more freedoms we loss. I can't even paint my house the color I want, with out the ok of my local government! Now, tell the truth....does that sound like a free country to you?
    Well, with all due respect, as this IS a free country, you were certainly able to choose where you bought your house, no? I mean, if I spend over 100k on something, I will make damn sure that it's what I want, no less. I certainly wouldn't buy a house, knowing before hand that there is a homeowners' association that will dictate what color I paint my house, and then complain on a cell phone forum that I can't. I would simply choose, to buy somewhere else. That is your freedom. Just saying.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    Out of simple curiosity. Why did you vote Republican for the first time with this candidate in particular? Why not just not vote for neither candidate? Or write in a candidate that you feel is better? My only thought is, you must feel pretty strongly about Republicans to have never voted for one......ever. Is this Republican candidate that much better than every single one before him/her? Again, no ill will here, just curious. I hate the "two party" system, and would rather show my allegiance to my independence, than to simply vote for someone, "because thats all there was". I'm sure somebody MUCH smarter than me would agree, and could possible illustrate my point better.
    No, I completely understand and I would be more than happy to answer. I am registered independent due to the fact that I do not trust either side of the political atmosphere in this country but most of my values tend to lean towards the Democratic side of the spectrum rather than with the republicans. As for the last presidential election, I did vote Obama, but not because I necessarily loved him as a choice but I cringed at the thought of Palin in the whitehouse, sorry if that bothers people, just my opinion.

    But with this election, there were a few reasons..one being that I do not fully understand or believe in Obamas health care bill and I really did not like that way the Dems thought the seat would just be handed to them. At least Ted Kennedy would actually try to get his seat...he would campaign and try to maintain his position. Coakley has done nothing but try to shoot down Brown and not state any of the issues that are important to her. Just my two cents, I hope that answered the question.
  14. #34  
    And to add, it may be not the best choice but writing in a name or voting for an independent is almost as good as not going to vote at all in this country. I would love for an independent to win an election but it just does not happen (or not enough to matter, I didnt research that fact)...that may not be the best reason to pick one over the other but it has to be better than just picking a party and voting for it no matter who is running or what they stand for.
  15. #35  
    It's all about check and balance.
    If the people of Mass. believe in any "hope" that America's voice is heard in Washington then they must vote Republican. Why do I say this? It puts back a check and balance in the Senate. Even if you don't like the Republican it is of the most importance to have that check. We have seen over the past 12 mos what can happen without it. This way both the D's & R's can watch over each other. Sure there will still be garbage that is done. But at least it can be more controlled.
  16. #36  
    Thanks Jokerz, appreciate the well put response, and enjoy the political conversation, although I certainly didn't think it would happen at my favorite forum ( I honestly think that since I got my Pre, I check this site more than any other).

    @Finally Pre.......sorry, I reside in the same city as the 2010 Super Bowl Champions, Indianapolis, and could not get past your avatar. BOO!! Seriously, I know the Colts will win, it's in Biff's almanac.
    Last edited by dingwall1; 01/19/2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: spelling, I suck.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    Thanks Jokerz, appreciate the well put response, and enjoy the political conversation, although I certainly didn't think it would happen at my favorite forum ( I honestly think that since I got my Pre, I check this site more than any other).

    @Finally Pre.......sorry, I reside in the same city as the 2010 Super Bowl Champions, Indianapolis, and could not get past your avatar. BOO!! Seriously, I know the Colts will win, it's in Biff's almanac.

    no problem, its my pleasure. Its nice to have a good smart conversation with someone who knows how to ask smart questions...BTW all 79 of 2168 precints reported..Brown 52% Coakley 47% Kennedy 1%
  18. #38  
    116 now reported...same numbers
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    @Finally Pre.......sorry, I reside in the same city as the 2010 Super Bowl Champions, Indianapolis, and could not get past your avatar. BOO!! Seriously, I know the Colts will win, it's in Biff's almanac.
    Your view is welcome. If you feel that way then you should post it on the Superbowl thread.

    Well the polls are close. Now we will see.
  20. #40  
    243 of 2168 precincts...53% Brown, 46% Coakley, 1% Kennedy
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions