Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    shudder. dont even want to imagine a saints/colts super bowl.
    Personally, I'd love to see it. It'd be hard to root against Peyton and Joe Addai since they both have connections here, but it'd be hard for anyone to keep doubting the Saints if they could manage that one.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    As for the Saints. Again I know the lows. I was in Jr High in N.O. during the 70's and damn, I wish they had won more than 2 or 3 games in a season back then. They are my favorite team on the other side. And they will always hold a spot in my football heart. N.O fans are different. They party when it's bad and party when it's good. They ALWAYS support the team and even built them the biggest house in the worst years. Oh yea there was a party for that...lol.
    The Saints have been through a lot. This year they seem to have a real shot. They've never had a _team_ like this before. It was always something. I think Archie could have been one of the greatest QBs of all times if we had a decent offense at the time. Then there was the phase where we had the best defense around, but no offense to speak of. This year, there aren't any super stars, but everybody is putting it all in. If they can pull it off, NOLA might literally explode with the celebration.
    Oh and TOBY - nice avatar.
    Thanks. I had stunned Benson after the botched field goal and said I would leave it until they won again or the season was over. Check out the song in my signature too. Performed by a hometown boy from one of the points at the bottom of the star.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  3.    #43  
    The song is now on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    ...NOLA might literally explode with the celebration. ...
    Explode? Now really. Tell everyone what will really happen. I see a Mardi Gras style parade with all the beer and crawfish for at least 2 days. It would be an event to put Macy's day to shame. It would be so great I may even fly down to be with y'all. Give me a good reason to check up my place anyways. I remember someone broke a nail once and there was a parade.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 01/18/2010 at 03:04 PM.
    Personally, I'd love to see it. It'd be hard to root against Peyton and Joe Addai since they both have connections here, but it'd be hard for anyone to keep doubting the Saints if they could manage that one.
    I just meant it would be disappointing if the two #1 seeds who hadn't lost a game until December ended up in the super bowl. Football is not supposed to be predictable like that.

It figures, of course, that the one non-upset pick I gave for the divisional round would be the one actual upset. I'm pretty bad at this prediction game :-)

Thanks. I had stunned Benson after the botched field goal and said I would leave it until they won again or the season was over. Check out the song in my signature too. Performed by a hometown boy from one of the points at the bottom of the star.
    Glad Hartley is playing again. I love that guy and have no problems rooting for Saints to get FGs/PATs :-)
    The song is now on my Pre.
    They're generally more a country band from what I understand, but I think Steve couldn't help himself with this one. You can take the boy off the bayou...
    Explode? Now really. Tell everyone what will really happen. I see a Mardi Gras style parade with all the beer and craw dads for at least 2 days. It would be an event to put Macy's day to shame. It would be so great I may even fly down to be with y'all. Give me a good reason to check up my place anyways. I remember someone broke a nail once and there was a parade.
    I'm sure there would be parades and beer (it's still a little early for good crawfish) but I don't think anyone not from here could fathom the cacophony that would resound from the entire southeastern section of the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    I just meant it would be disappointing if the two #1 seeds who hadn't lost a game until December ended up in the super bowl. Football is not supposed to be predictable like that.
    Yeah, but it might be best for the Colts to play the Saints. Otherwise, Freeney and Mathis might break the old man quarterback.

I think it would be cool for Favre to get back to the big game. The only way that is going to happen is if the Purple People Eaters become Purple Purdue Eaters.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    As a Packer fan, I'm conflicted on Favre. I can't stand that he's playing for the Vikes...then again I realize the Packers traded him (after too many years of off-season torture) and this was the perfect situation.

That said, I don't think the Vikings will beat the Saints. Though they match up fairly evenly (the Vikings D-line definitely has the edge when they're hot, like yesterday), the Metrodome only trails in noise to one other dome...the Superdome. It's gonna be ridiculously loud in there and based on their away record this year, I just don't think the Vikes can overcome it. Knowing Brett like I do as a fan, I don't put anything past him, but the Saints will win in a close one.

The Colts will beat the Jets only because Peyton has too many weapons...and Revis can't cover them all! And he will remain calm in the face of the storm that is the Jet's crazy defense, rhythmically leading them over the Jets by a touchdown or so.

Superbowl prediction (might be a little biased because I love D.Brees so much and, after my beloved team went down, I am personally willing him to a SB victory):
    Saints 28
    Colts 24
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I definitely think that the Texans will surely win.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Holding out for the Vikes all the way...been waiting 33 years for another chance!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by wildgoosey32 View Post
    As a Packer fan, I'm conflicted on Favre. I can't stand that he's playing for the Vikes...then again I realize the Packers traded him (after too many years of off-season torture) and this was the perfect situation.

That said, I don't think the Vikings will beat the Saints. Though they match up fairly evenly (the Vikings D-line definitely has the edge when they're hot, like yesterday), the Metrodome only trails in noise to one other dome...the Superdome. It's gonna be ridiculously loud in there and based on their away record this year, I just don't think the Vikes can overcome it. Knowing Brett like I do as a fan, I don't put anything past him, but the Saints will win in a close one.

The Colts will beat the Jets only because Peyton has too many weapons...and Revis can't cover them all! And he will remain calm in the face of the storm that is the Jet's crazy defense, rhythmically leading them over the Jets by a touchdown or so.

Superbowl prediction (might be a little biased because I love D.Brees so much and, after my beloved team went down, I am personally willing him to a SB victory):
    Saints 28
    Colts 24
    Interesting "inside" analysis. I only think you are giving the colts to much credit.
    Saints 28
    Colts 17
    lol
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Holding out for the Vikes all the way...been waiting 33 years for another chance!
    umm did you say 33 or 34?
    Oops. I was little at the time, so hard to keep track...wait...it was the '77 SB, this is the 2010 SB. ' Course math is not my strong suit...heh.

13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Oops. I was little at the time, so hard to keep track...wait...it was the '77 SB, this is the 2010 SB. ' Course math is not my strong suit...heh.
    no that would be 33 years or 34 I guess depending on how you look at it. But I was making a cheep jab for you and maybe next year. Sorry.
  14.    #54  
    Not really
    my prediction last week was jet-Minn superbowl and i stand by it. Looks like the football gods are with the jets this year look at the last couple of weeks. jets all the way

Fred
    Not really

Well, it appears there isn't much Colts love going on. Good thing I have plenty to go around. I don't think anyone can argue that the Colts 'gifted' a playoff berth to New York. Bill Polian about lost his *** over that decision here locally, by the way. But, does it not appear that his mindset was, "hey, lets give this game to the Jets, get healthy, and maybe a few other teams will lose and the Jets, who have the best RUSH D, can knock off San Diego for us"? Now, before I get blasted, listen... the Jets can stop the run very well, but the Colts don't rush. They pass. A lot. When they returned that kickoff against the Colts, Peyton went in and carved them up passing the ball for like an 80 yard drive. In a minute. Indy has no problem passing against ANYONE, for except maybe, the Bolts, who, thanks to our gift recipients, will not be partaking in the completion of the playoffs. The Jets are done. Easily. Then on to the real match up, and I would be happy with either NFC team, but would sincerely prefer the Saints, as they seem like the better of the two, and I would prefer the Colts hoist the Lombardi Trophy after beating the best the NFC has to offer. Really though, does anyone doubt that the Colts could be undefeated right now? Anyone? Their management gave that up, not the players, and the players were ****ED. They will prove in the next two games why they have won so many games this decade, why they have the most underrated defense, and why Peyton will one day be known as the greatest of all time.

Colts 34 Saints 31
    Last edited by dingwall1; 01/19/2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: typo
    (Well, it appears there isn't much Colts love going on. Good thing I have plenty to go around. I don't think anyone can argue that the Colts 'gifted' a playoff berth to New York. Bill Polian about lost his *** over that decision here locally, by the way. But, does it not appear that his mindset was, "hey, lets give this game to the Jets, get healthy, and maybe a few other teams will lose and the Jets, who have the best RUSH D, can knock off San Diego for us"? Now, before I get blasted, listen... the Jets can stop the run very well, but the Colts don't rush. They pass. A lot. When they returned that kickoff against the Colts, Peyton went in and carved them up passing the ball for like an 80 yard drive. In a minute. Indy has no problem passing against ANYONE, for except maybe, the Bolts, who, thanks to our gift recipients, will not be partaking in the completion of the playoffs. The Jets are done. Easily. Then on to the real match up, and I would be happy with either NFC team, but would sincerely prefer the Saints, as they seem like the better of the two, and I would prefer the Colts hoist the Lombardi Trophy after beating the best the NFC has to offer. Really though, does anyone doubt that the Colts could be undefeated right now? Anyone? Their management gave that up, not the players, and the players were ****ED. They will prove in the next two games why they have won so many games this decade, why they have the most underrated defense, and why Peyton will one day be known as the greatest of all time.)

this sounds like a post i read two years ago that New England was the best team ever and no one was able to beat them. what happened the football god was a giant fan and who won the super bowl. Watch out Colt fans the gods seem to be rooting for the JETS and Indy built this monster and on Sunday they are going to regret it.

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm View Post

this sounds like a post i read two years ago that New England was the best team ever and no one was able to beat them. what happened the football god was a giant fan and who won the super bowl. Watch out Colt fans the gods seem to be rooting for the JETS and Indy built this monster and on Sunday they are going to regret it.

Fred
    Well, there is a huge difference that you are overlooking. The patriots were RUNNING UP THE SCORE ON PEOPLE WHEN THEY HAD GAMES LOCKED UP. THAT is what the football gods did not like. And thats why they lost when it really counted. There is nothing but class oozing from the Colts organization, that is undeniable. They respect opponents and would never run the score up on people. I don't think I said once the Colts are the best team ever, but I did say they could be undefeated RIGHT NOW. Are you saying they couldn't? But, I will certainly check back here Sunday night, to see that you have left this thread in the dust. But, please, don't compare these colts to the Bellicheat patriots. Not even in the same area code.
    If you believe that you should hope to face favre instead of the saints if you make it to the big one, seriously up by 4 possessions and you throw into the endzone on 4th down late into the game? cmon man
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast